Notices

Am I an alcoholic?

Old 04-16-2003, 12:44 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Stacey it's Tracey i wrote you apost quite awhile back.Anyways i'm not sure if this will help, I don't pretend to understand what you are feeling but i want to share with you my experience at your age and the result. When i first started drinking i was 15, I wasn't very popular person but this was my coolness it made me someone. The attention i got was great, i was a young kid how wanted someone to care about them i thought that was the way.I did have a group of friends and especially one best friend(we had been friends since grade 1).So i partied btu before i knew it i partied every weekend and then i hid booze in my room, i drank whenever i could. My best friend would mention about the drinking, saying people were worried and maybe i should slow down. And there was the attention and it felt good to have people worry about me. But i kept drinking i got caught by the police and taken home, lots of attention by now but something had changed. I was now 17 and this had been going on quite awhile but by now i wanted or needed nobody, the attention i so much craved no longer was necessary i kust wanted to be left alone to drink. By now my best friend was backing away and the hurt so i drank more. I left it all behind moved an hour away to go to college, i was 18 still kept in touch with my friends. I made new wilder friends we drank and used, we drank during school, after school and sometimes we didn't even go to school. During the first year my old friends would come in town and go out with me but they new i was in trouble, my one friend convinced me to see a counsellor but i didn't go.My best friend at this point would talk to me but things were strained.To make along story short by the end of college my old friends no longer were around, My best friend of 16 years no longer would speak to me. And alot of my party friends failed out or just continued on to their own problems. It has been 16 years and my best friend still no longer speaks to me. I guess the point i'm trying to get at is i'm sure for you it is nice for you to have people to care and worry about you sometimes we don't have many people who will do that but they will eventually give up on you or your drama.Maybe you should go back and read your first post, maybe it will remind you why you came here, Getting arrested,drinking in a basement,blackouts. I seems like in your sober time you think you have gotten better but even if you think you can control it, if you are an alcoholic you will end up back there again. I guess i'm hoping that in some little way i might help you.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:39 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Paused

My, you are one angry and bitter boy nadoboy. If everyone had the lack of compassion you have, who would ever get into recovery. Maybe you're the one who should just go out and use, get your misery over with. Your attitude will kill you with or without drugs.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:21 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Nadoboy, your last two posts have been totally and completely inappropriate. You would never have made those comments in person, and you sure as hell can't keep making them here.

No one here is a "bitch."

No one here is hopeless.

And most importantly, there is a God, and you sure as hell ain't him/her/it...
Old 04-17-2003, 09:22 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Paused

Go home nadaboy

I have to agree in one way with you - after reading some of Stacey's post it is aggravating to see someone make so many wrong choices in dealing with what is basically normal college life. In my post I suggested she "get her shi# together". I can easily see Stacey ending up drunk in a double wide sitting on a computer all day long bitching about her sorry life. She try's to reach out for help in the only way one of her limited intelligence(wisdom?) can, and all you can do is blast her. Maybe she is a "loser", if she isn't now she is certainly headed in that direction. Hopefully she will get her act together, get something out of college instead of seeing it as only a hassle, and quit the drinking.

It is a good thing she doesn't know who you are - because if she does end up a drunk loser in a doublewide - she would probaly look back to your post as the cause of her lot in life - and come hunting for you with a gun.

Stacey - once again, GET YOUR SHI# TOGETHER. You think life is tough now, just wait until you grow up and have real responsibilities and problems.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:01 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

My god,

This is quite a display. Many of the comments here have been very inappropriate. Including this last one. We are here to support the alcoholic who still suffers and help those who want to be helped. That's it.......I know exactly where you are Jewel. I used drugs and alcohol for 15+ yrs. When I was your age I was just getting started. It seems as if the writing helps you put your thoughts in perspective and that's great. You'll be ready to quit when you're ready. It's in gods time, not nadoboys time or anyone else for that matter.

I am surprised and a little disappointed. Nadoboy, you have contributed so much to the forums. It's too bad you felt the need to pass such a harsh judgment on a young girl who's trying to figure it all out. From where I sit, I can't justify criticizing anyone else. At Jewels age I thought I knew it all and I wasn't anywhere near questioning why I was drinking and doing drugs. In my opinion she's ahead of the game.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:18 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Paused

I agree with searching. Stacey is young and I give her a lot of credit for even starting to see that she has a problem. She may have a ways to go before she get's the help she needs but I thought that's what this site was for. If I were an A and came to this site for the first time and read the very negative comments that have been written to Stacey I would never come back to the site again. I have seen how helpful most people are here and I would hate for a new member to be turned away by a few comments.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:22 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

My son has been out there for the best part of 10 years. He went to meetings sporadically and now has a couple of rehabs under his belt. And he is in jail right now kicking himself in the a**. And I am glad! It takes what it takes. It has taken him longer than some of you and less than some of you to wake up. If he even has. I hope when he gets out and is ready to put his nose in the BB that you, Whiskey, for one are not at his first meeting.

My father is an "old timer" 28 years sober and he talks alot like you. If they don't get it kick 'em to the curb. It riles me from him and it riles me from you. All of you.

I have been in Alanon for going on 10 years and when I carry the message it is about remembering where I have been. All I wanted in the beginning was for someone to listen. I didn't get the fact that this required a life change. A change in me. And, whisky if you started out understanding it all you are much better person than me.

I am afraid that some of you are forgetting the "experience, strength and hope" part while you quote from the BB. Neither you nor I who are blessed with better lives can tell anyone person what choices that have to make. If they are sitting in the room or posting on this board they are reaching out...for what? To get their hand bitten off. Because they are not ready? My son was an alcoholic by the age of 20. How many at 20 are not going to fight the need to be with there friends and party? They want be like everyone else.

I am done here. Personally I think you are acting like children...all recovered and all!

JT