Notices

Ice Cream

Old 04-17-2003, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Ice Cream

I have discovered that when I have a craving to drink, eating ice cream or sherbet or drinking a milkshake ends the craving. The thought of drinking beer or alcohol after ice cream is yukky anyway. (Can you imagine drinking a beer after eating an ice cream cone......gross!)

Ice cream is good.

Today I surrender and let go of the past, allowing myself to be fully alive in the moment. Letting go of the past allows me to enjoy what is happening right now.

Today, one day at a time, I am Okay With Myself
Old 04-17-2003, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

I agree

Ice cream did a lot for me during the period of clean and sober time. It did help me with the cravings as well. Not sure how good that is for my waste measurement? In the summer, I was big on popcycles, freezies, frosters, slushies, slurpies whatever. Cold, and sugary, gives me more energy. Not reccommended too close to bedtime though, it may keep you awake!
Old 04-17-2003, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah Ice Cream

you know from the time I started drinking untill I sobered up i never once went out for ice cream, after getting sober I found that I love Ice cream, now I go get it a lot, I do a lot of things now that are new to me that normal people take for granted.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I got sober I developed a craving for praline ice cream.It did not get me drunk and it sure helped to put some meat back on my bones after twenty years of abuse.Even today I still keep at least two different flavors of ice cream in the refrigerator

Peter.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

I LOVE ice cream,thank you for reminding me of one of lifes little pleasures,and I agree,booze and ice cream? GAG!
Old 04-17-2003, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also find myself eating ice cream now but never did when I was drinking beer. When I was in rehab someone explained to me that I was getting all my sugar from the alcohol I was drinking. I was feeling very strange at the time so I ate a candy bar and felt much better. When I was drinking I wouldnt have had a problem with beer and ice cream. Hell I would've drank it with a dog turd if thats what it took. lol
Old 04-17-2003, 09:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Sweets, Glorious Sweets

My thing was M&M's, Peanut Butter. I couldn't get enough of them.

Funny how I wanted them the most during the same time periods that I would drink. My sponsor told me it was because alcohol, particularly the kind I drank, had lots of sugar in it.

Sure helped with those obsessions to drink :-)

Blessings