Notices

Hen House Talk Part 59

Old 02-27-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

(((jay))) ardy lost her job along with the rest of the employees as their management in WI (Gov. Scott Walker and the "right to work" State) decided to hire twice as many college kids for 20 hours a week and pay them minimum wage. Nothing like a unstable workforce to undermine the economy and rest assured I will not be buying anything from the State of Wisconsin. In fact, I am hoping someone takes up an collection to send Scott Walker to Syria to see off ISIS as he claims he can, since he successfully dealt with 100,000 protesters.

so, I'm doing fine. Surgery went very well, painless but for the shots of lidocaine. I had to keep my leg elevated for the first 48 hours and then again for another 48 hours. (sorry you asked,huh? LOL)

I will be OK enough to for a couple of events tomorrow. One is a fund raiser for a group I admire and do volunteer for when I'm home. It's working on getting housing and food for the homeless here in my town.

the other event I have to choose between are a birthday party for a much loved friend or this fund raiser concert with a singer I really like. Hubs isn't too fond so I think it might be the birthday party. In a bar. Sure to be a total debauch but maybe we can slip out early.

So, what are you doing for fun these days, other than plotting ways to get the Moose dog to write his name in the snow? yes, I know you menfolk do such things. I'm not a total innocent. LOL

love from Lenina
Old 02-28-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I was out last evening at my daughters house, Leelee. off tomorrow, and just can't wait.

Don't go where the Huskies go and never eat the yellow snow...I think thats how it went. lol.

I am tired already and I have to get ready for work. bah. I love you HH'rs.
hugs
chic (amy, on craiglist sometimes people post photos of their lost pets.. that is what I meant to check. the no kill shelter with open rooms sound good. they will probably find her a home quickly, as I think they advertise online photos and interview prospective owners very carefully. she will be safer in there, and no more kittens (((hugs)))
love ya.
chic
Old 02-28-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
In fact, I am hoping someone takes up an collection to send Scott Walker to Syria to see off ISIS as he claims he can, since he successfully dealt with 100,000 protesters.
I too have that hope...

I'm glad you're surgery went well.

Speaking of peeing, I must be off with Moose...he needs to practice practice practice is he's ever going to meet the bar that other dog has set! Ha.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

That dog had some serious bladder capacity!! Poor Moose and his frozen "trotters", as LeeLee says.

jynx - so glad you are getting out and meeting people! I really miss the folks I worked with at my volunteer job. I'm reading their emails to see if they have a dinner, any time soon, that I could go to. They're only open when I work.

LeeLee - Sounds great on your events. Totally love that you are helping and feeding the homeless. Most are probably out there through no fault of their own. I didn't USED to feel that way until I met little Max, his mom and g'ma at the old restaurant who were homeless because mom got downsized.

Chic - Hope work goes fast and you are home again.

I thought I was going to take dad to TN to get his van, but the ice/snow set them behind, too, so van is not ready.

I let the cats out on the deck, as it was a pretty day. Kitty tried to come up, ended up sitting on the edge of the fence with Mots and Tiger howling at her. I called her onto the carport (out of their sight) and gave her a bowl of food. Am hoping that shelter will take her, but it will probably be next weekend before I can take her.

I'm really achy today, for some reason. Am doing laundry, will have to put the sheets back on the bed AROUND Tiger.

Rain is moving in, tonight, for about a week. Tomorrow will be a good day to be home

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-28-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) glad you are getting to just stay in tomorrow and rest up. and feed and love on the kitties
I am going to avoid any travel in snow or ice, or whatever we are going to get.. I don't even watch the weather much anymore.. sick sick of it I say!

I am sorry if I have not been very communicative lately. I don't know what's wrong with me...just grumpy, burned out at work, feeling insecure on SR for some reason.. (thinking people are mad at me.. it makes me quiet.. and then I probably seem unfriendly) just not myself lately. my son is depressed and wants things to get better, but he does not seem to know how to do the leg work! He thinks differently, I know that.. but I still get upset because I still have that urge to try to 'fix things', make him cheery , etc.. but I feel that I need to let him feel the misery, so he will be motivated to make changes on his own. its a stressful thing though. old habits, you know?

I am so grateful for SR. and for the Hen house. I guess everyone is going through stuff, and it makes it feel shaky.. but we will be alright and still be here for each other.

love you guys and gals.
chic
Old 02-28-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Chic)) - Gosh I hope people don't think you're unfriendly because you're quiet...they would think I'm a monster! I am sorry about son being his frustrating self...does he still have a job?

((Amy)) - I hope the new cat gets into the shelter.

I wish it was sunny here...sun really helps me feel better sometimes... I am not doing so good.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

The sun makes me feel better too. I bought a grow lamp for my gardenia, orchid, and avocado plant... I thought about sitting in front of it, but I don't wanna grow any bigger.lol

No, everyone knows you are a super guy, Jay. but I am usually chatty, but lately, I struggle for words.

Hang in there. the sun might come out tomorrow, and if it does, stick your face out there! I wish I had a sunlamp. Hope you feel better tomorrow sweetie.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

If the sun comes out you better believe I will take Moose on many many walks...there is nothing better.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm the same way sometimes, Chic. Sometimes I just don't feel like posting and just read the posts of others. I'll chime in if I feel the urge, but lots of times, I just read around the forums and that's enough.

Hey, Jay!
Old 02-28-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hey Suki!
Old 02-28-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It finally got a bit above freezing today, so some of that snow and ice on the roads is melting. Tomorrow we're expecting more rain, but temps should be above freezing, so hopefully, more of that snow and ice will melt and go the hell away! Friday was a total nightmare!
Old 02-28-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Suki - I thought of you, earlier. A DJ on the radio station I listen to, flew to your city with her son. She was worried about the weather, left here when we were under the state of emergency. I saw the plane that was delayed, for hours, there.

I hope everyone gets lots of sunshine and no more snow!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-28-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Suki, glad your snow and ice is over! I am sure that was enough excitement for a long time. Maybe I should do more reading and less talking

I sure hope we all get some sunshine tomorrow.. I bet that is what we all need , other than lottery winnings.

love you all. sleep well,
chic
Old 02-28-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

We just don't have the equipment here to deal with it. We only get weather like that maybe once every few years. We get ice usually once a year, but it's almost always just a one day thing and then it's gone.

Everyone was trying to get out of downtown at the same time yesterday. I tried and sat at one light for 5 revolutions because there was no place for anyone to go. Everything was backed up and cars were just sitting there. Once I made it to the front of the line at the traffic light, I just turned and went back to the office for a few hours.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Suki - That's what happened down here, last year. Everyone trying to get home at the same time. It took some people more than 36 hours to get home, some didn't get there for days. I think our weathermen and politicians were remembering that, this year, so called for everyone to go home before the supposed storm hit and schools closed.

The news just showed highways out there and it still looks like a mess!

I'm okay with us getting rain, as long as the temps stay well above zero. They're getting snow and ice northeast of us, right now.

Mother nature is definitely in MEANopause

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-28-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Does winter ever end? Looking at another 3 - 5 tomorrow. I know that's not a lot, but I haven't been shoveling. (lol) Tried shoveling only to encounter a sheet of ice. Hoping I can still drive over this one.

The sunshine, I miss that also. I have a mood lamp. I start out with my meet up group next Sunday. It's a weekly thing, except for when they find a dance. Signed up to go to this Contra Dance thing. Don't know what that is, but at least I will be out of the house.

many hugs everyone.

jynx
Old 03-01-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Couldn't really sleep last night. Been up for about 2 hours now. Just started to get light out here, and I noticed the snow already started, and covered my car. Just happy I have my wood stove, tv, and hot chocolate for today. Where is spring?

TPA, how is Claire doing? Is she wearing that stupid cone thing?

jynx
Old 03-01-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Lee..I am glad to know that some innocence is left in me..it didn't occur to me
writing your name in the snow was something menfolk did.. I only remember
when fishing my son thought peeing on a rock was a good thing..except he peed
into the wind..lol..

Jynx..your world sounds cozy and special..glad you have this to keep you safe.

TPA..my goodness..it makes me happy you got out for a nice dinner and looked
terrific..what a nice boost..my mirror is an awful LLL..just so you know..Like Jynx said..
how is Claire doing and you too..I never tire hearing your words..

Amy..maybe you don't want to get into the Bratkins..so I will..take heart though.
One day they will stop playing house..and be parents and family and realize that
when they start to pay attention to themselves..others do to. You are a good
Mama/daughter/auntie/ and friend.

Jay..cooking is like therapy..glad you are giving some recipes a twirl..
Just curious..are you still using your heavy blanket..I never did get one
as my son isn't around so will talk to him about it later on.

Chic.I can't imagine why anyone would be mad at you for anything to be
honest. You never come on as a screaming Meme..whatever that means..
Its great that you get away and have your daughters/grandchildren to
give you comfort and peace of the day to day things.

TP..if you are reading..hugs dear friend.

Well..I just can't say how nice it has been having my son married. A sense of
peace has come over me, a comfort that has been long in the making. He is
enrolled in Welding and has almost 700 hours and needs 1200 to apprentice.
He had an altitude snit..months ago and they let him go. He had to humble his
thinking and took it upon himself to chat with the supervisor,told him,he was"wrong",
and the chap, decided to take him back,said he was a good worker,yet was honest
and said, he just doesn't know better,or has the experience to say so..so it was
goodbye. Their reception went well..they donated some of their food to the
chapel for other families coming. We all know food and chat breaks barriers. He(pastor)
was so thankful as you cannot without many rules..and regulations take anything
into the institution(food)..so all this was cleared and checked..so it was a gift to him.

As I suspected..they meaning son/wife are now quiet..each day prior..almost every
day they were so nervous and they would call me..almost the same questions
and needing my thoughts. My thoughts were only my experiences..as I didn't
want to be anyones target..nor ever want to be. They did manage to balance
out many issues..phew..it seems all good for now.

Hugs
lauren
Old 03-01-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Lauren ... thank you. I looked up screaming meme, and it was one of those whistling bombs..lol... I would be proud to be able to do that sometimes..heehee.
So happy for your son and dil too...and for you. a relief no doubt!

love
chic
Old 03-01-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

lol..chic..now I will look it up too..