Notices

Hen House Talk Part 59

Old 02-13-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

jynx ~ It's OK. Really. Don't run away. Don't isolate.
Get some sleep, eat some good food, enjoy your lovely tree and come back and talk when you're ready. We'll be right here.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I realize now I am super hyper vigilent and still fighting with myself. The tree stays for the love I feel for each of you, the craziness was in my own head.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. You are all on my tree. Have a terrific day.

(((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
amy
Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Sheesh, I just lost a long post and don't have the mental facilities to rewrite it! So, here's a synopsis:

((((jynx))) please don't isolate. We are all here to support each other and share our experience, strength and hope. I think many of us have PTSD to some degree. No need to be ashamed. today, after many years of therapy and currently just over seven years Sobriety I am calm. I have peace in my life and in my heart. I do have the occasion angry explosion and then the accompanying shame but I am better!

I love your Tree of Hearts! very cute!

To all my friends in the HH, I send my love on this day of Hearts! I hope you'll all take some time today to do something extra nice for yourselves! I am grateful for your friendships and for all your support over the years.

I slept on and off for the last 20 some hours and am feeling more rested. Yikes, I hope I can get back to work tomorrow what will all the snow and storms. I hope you're all staying safe and warm.

Much love to you all!

Lenina
Old 02-14-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Jynx..I agree with Lee..I tend to to this(isolate) as well, I force myself sometimes
as I to start to read into things that aren't necessarily being spoken or said.

I like your open concept of love by displaying your tree, your tags and sharing
it here with us. To me all your efforts show how nice your inner self is. The
confidence will come..

lauren

TPA, just hugs today.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

jynx - Sweetie, most of us are because we have some sort of dysfunction be it our own substance abuse, that of others, or for some of us - both. I hope you don't isolate and forgive yourself.

Lenina - I'm glad you got some sleep, I know you needed it!

TPA - love and hugs

Vee - Thanks for saying that about me complaining about dad. I heard, a long time ago, that parents know how to push our buttons because they installed them

All was fine, later, and I've talked to him today.

It was a gorgeous day for a ride to TN. Talked to my school buddy, her middle daughter posted on book of faces that she is engaged. We've been expecting it, and Terry has been asking the bf "when are you two going to get married?!?!"

Terry is also eating healthier and exercising, so we talked about that.

We have a winter weather watch starting tomorrow night?!?! Chance of snow, sleet and ice Monday morning. I have over a week of time off, so will take that day if need be. My driveway is uphill and if I can't get out it, I will be staying home.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-15-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hello everyone...I've missed a couple of days, so I hope I have the right names to the right comments...
Jynx: your Valentine tree is beautiful! Thank you for sharing the pic. I can relate to isolation on so many levels.
Chic: you must be resting up after Valentines Day!
TPA: I'm sorry about the neighbors ...that's very stressful because you can't get away from them.
Dreamscape: I deal with anxiety issues too. They can be so debilitating.

I don't have much else to say. It's very cold here. I've been struggling with urges to use. Have a good Sunday.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Laly - Good to see you again! What helped me to deal with urges to use was to instantly distract myself while saying "not an option" - had to do it a million times a day, at first. Sounds simple and worthless, but it did help me and it soon became automatic.

Went to the grocery store, wally world, then came home and exercised. Temps are dropping, wind chill of 0 tonight. We are still be warned about the winter storm, really hope I can get to work and get home without problems.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-15-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

More news from The Land of When is This Crap Going to End, brought to you by your wobbling correspondent, TPA.

LLL was at the neighbor's house most of yesterday, and we were "under observation" - like we couldn't see her, lol. You'd think sub-zero temps would keep even the craziest liar indoors.

Speaking of sub-zero temps, (and I cry for the animals outside in it), we're under a winter storm warning, complete with temps of ten to twenty below zero (and I live south of the Mason-Dixon line????). Four to eight inches expected starting tomorrow afternoon. The kicker? Claire's spaying is scheduled for Tuesday morning. And this aging hippie has no, zero, nada winter driving skills, so it's rescheduling yet again. Let's hope the AC Nazis don't come breathing down my neck - it's not my fault, and there's adequate documentation that I have tried to accomplish this several times.

So, when will this crap ever end?

Jynx, as everyone has said, don't isolate. It doesn't do any good. We're here, and we don't judge. Your tree was so beautiful, it shows what a heart you have. Joe, I hope your anxiety issues are better, Lord knows I have enough of them. Ames, I think my weather has migrated toward you, stay warm, honey. Chic, VD (don't you love that abbreviation?) is over for another year!! Lauren, my dear friend, thank you. Lenina, you kind soul, may all go well and your traveling ease up. Jay, sweet lad, how are you??

If I've forgotten you, my apologies. Think of me tomorrow, as I think of those who have had it so much worse, as in Boston, and all the animals I cannot help except to pray they find shelter. Love to all, TPA
Old 02-16-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hi there.

Not only did I make a fool out of myself, then I spent the next 2 days in bed. Not an excuse, I was a totally horrible person Friday. It's the love that I was shown here, that got me back. Was up most of the night, because I slept most of the day yesterday, might be going back to sleep soon, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for not hating me.

Got some snow yesterday, or during the night. Will need to go out and shovel a little.

TPA, take care, and Claire is going to be just fine. What breed is Claire?

I had 2 dogs. First was a border collie mix. Terrific dog, really smart. After he past away, I got my dog. Australian shepherd. Sydney. Another really smart dog. She loved everyone, and she was a jumper. Always jumped up to greet people. I don't know why I am thinking of her today. I had cancer in 2000. She stopped jumping up on me. She always stayed next to me, like she was watching and protecting me.

They put me on morphine. Worst nightmares I ever had. I remember she used to sleep in a cage at night. The night that I screamed out while I was sleeping, she wouldn't stop barking till she laid next to me. She never slept in a cage again. I always hated that cage.

Just wanted to say, good luck with Claire on Tuesday, you are a really good mommy to her.

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
jynx
Old 02-16-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Amy: thank you so much for sharing what worked for you for urges. I'm going to give that a go. Plus I need to ramp up my meetings. When it's cold like this I talk myself out of going outside, but this is when I really need to force myself to go. I don't have enough clean time, less than 30 days. Thank you again.
I really love the 'love' I feel from everyone who contributes to this thread and to SR. Its a very special place. Thank you!
Old 02-16-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Thanks, Jynx. You're a good person, please believe that, and have faith in yourself that if you make a mistake, it isn't the end of the world. People understand, often far more than we give them credit for. There are some awesome people here, aren't there?

Claire is a pit bull - loves people, hates my neighbor's dog, but with good reason. I called the vet this morning, they understood perfectly, and surgery is rescheduled. They know my health situation, so a tech will come out and take her inside, as I lug Godfrey's cage - the only opening for the surgery was the same day Godfrey has to have his dental procedures. So it actually works out pretty well.

I went to the grocery store this morning, and I'm so exhausted I'm about to go to bed. Because of that four letter word being broadcast about every fifteen minutes, the place was jammed, and it was only 9:30 in the morning. You'd have thought they were giving away gold! Anyway, it exhausted me - I had a plan to make a meal we had a few times in the Czech Republic, but I guess I'll do that tomorrow. I need to crawl under my German featherbed and sink into my pillows, while I listen to Audible until I fall asleep - which won't take long, I think. I suspect it's the bone marrow issue that's causing this exhaustion, probably working in tandem with the other thing. Anyway.

I hope everyone is warm and safe, and I hope all God's creatures find somewhere to shelter that provides enough warmth. May you all be wrapped in love, TPA
Old 02-16-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

We didn't get the storm that was predicted, this morning, but it's been raining and will keep on for a few hours. Temps will be below freezing until about 9a.m. so there's still a good chance of ice.

TPA - Glad the vet rescheduled Claire and pffft on LLL. I hope you get warmer weather soon. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself with the exhaustion and that feather bed sounds really good!

Laly - It is a bit easy to talk ourselves out of doing anything that requires leaving the house when it's cold. Being around others who "get it", though, is really good.

I hope everyone else is doing good, staying warm (or cool in V's case).

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-17-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr!-12degrees...
love you all
chic
Old 02-17-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Chic - It's not quite that cold here, but it will be about 1 degree sometime tomorrow night. Chance of "frozen rain" on Friday. I'm ready for spring.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-17-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Hello everyone, just stopping in to see what is going on here, I am confused with all these titles of groups..
Old 02-17-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hi Jen!!! Lovely to see you here.
I will let Amy or someone else explain how the Hen House came about.
But we chat about whatever we like here, and support each other.

Some of us are RA's, some are not.
But we care a lot about each other, and we have some pretty awesome conversations.

Welcome!!!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hello hens and roosters

It's really nice here these past several days, freezing over night but sunny during the day 11c-13c (52f)

I heard a robin today - gotta love springtime.
I guess I shouldn't speak too soon as it could still snow,but it's getting more and more unlikely.
Eastern Canada is getting pounded by snow I feel bad for those people..brrrrrr
Outwest it is so unseasonably warm it's just crazy, but a good kind of crazy :-)

I Drained the goldfish pond and refilled it. There was no fish in it, they died during the winter.
This year I'm going to just have frogs (ribit..ribit)... and pond bugs, bullrushes , lillypads..dragon flies...a natural ecosystem

Have a good evening eh
Old 02-18-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Welcome Jen!!

Joe - You're talking about spring and I'm freezing

Just did my exercising, already almost bed time. Really need to figure out how to get on here, more often, without quitting my job or missing out on the exercise. Am really tired of all this weight!

I may be iced in this weekend, would thoroughly enjoy it as long as power stays on. Then I can spend the weekend on SR!

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

we have missed you so much Amy!

I head home today and have a lot of things to get done before my surgery on Monday,

Love from Lenina
Old 02-19-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Internet is down, again, on my phone so just a quick check in. Looking good for not going anywhere on Sat due to snow ice Not sure about Chattanooga if the weather is okay, but would like a day to hang out on SR.

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy