Notices

Forgive yourself Weekender Thread Aug. 28th until..

Old 09-02-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 561 (permalink)  

Greetings Mister & Miss_Creants!

A fine Rural Morning here, save one Red Alert National Emergency. We were out of Regular Coffee! Oh, the Humanity! Your's Truly - the 'Pro' in Procrastination - thought the full Coffee Bag I'd seen in the lil corner Lazy Susan constituted adequate Inventory. But, it's Decaf. Ack! I almost bought some yesterday after Fishing. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

So, well before Dawn - see proof below - I headed down to Town. Mail the almost-overdue VISA Bill. Get more Stamps at the Grocery Store; a handy thing I forget to do there. Stock up on Diet Ginger Beer.

I'm out here on the Porch w/Da Pooch in a Breeze; watching the Hummingbirds kick each other's lil Birdie Azzes. Man, do they act out over some Sugar Water. Hee_larious! Amazing aggression that goes on, and always finishes with some high speed chase. A few such chases have barely missed my Noggin.

The usual Rural Sounds... A Tractor baling up in the last Haying of the Season. A Neighbor taking out 'Prairie Dogs' with a 'Scoped .223 Rifle. Lil Gopher-type Animals that burrow. These break the Legs of Livestock. Destroy the Animal. A few of those incidents, and the Kids don't go to College for the want of Discretionary Income; given the tight Margins of Ranching. Not defending any of this. Jez sayin'...

Da Wife is off to Carmel CA next month to be the freeloading 'Date' of a gainfully-Divorced High Tech Gal Pal. All Expenses there paid, save Air Fare. This Pal has been Keynote Speaker at some hoidy-toidy High Tech Soirees, and is really making a name for herself. SOOOO, I'm happily planning my next Bachelor Outing in mid-October; given this sudden announcement last night. She asked for my Sign-On to the idea, and I was all for it. Plus, it's a 'controlled outlet' for Chick Drunkenness. Winery Tours in the afternoon. Sotted Dinners. All that. A total Win - Win by me. So many possible places to go Trailering for a Fall week w/Da Pooch while Solo. So much time...-)

As that Season draws to a close, here's a Tune from a lil Festival ya might have heard of. As R&R Legend goes, someone covertly dosed some 'harmless' Fruit Punch with LSD. Drug-abstaining Roger Daltrey went on Stage while Trippin', and managed to muscle through the Set. Also, a Hat Tip to the most excellent luck of LBrain in his Vinyl 'score'! I played this Eddie Cochran Composition in more Bars than I can remember during my 15 minutes.

- 'Summertime Blues' ~ The Who ~ Live -

Old 09-02-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 562 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mesa...I'm giggling at the mr and miss creants.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 563 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Morning gang,

May you meet the hump in the day with a pep in your step!

Brain feels much better today.

B
I didn't have pep in my step this morning. But after lounging in the master suite for a spell then taking a warm shower. Brain does feel much better

So much better that I started breakfast with potatoes diced cooking in olive oil, added applewood smoked chicken sausage with red peppers etc. onions and some of my purple peppers from the yard, add five eggs, habanero sauce and sprinkle with not yo cheese. Breakfast for me and lunch for the working class of this domicile.

I thought I had some ham hocks - I need to search more - to start my stock for ham and string beans. We have a lot of beans and eating them every night now.

Yes, Ruby. Everything here is for sale. I need to feng shui my life.
I do have a turntable in it's box in the basement waiting for the day... nah - unload everything!
Mesa, I forgot... did you put in floor heating when you poured the concrete? Electric or tube and fluid?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 564 (permalink)  

LBrain ~

I worked off a >25 year-old Article in 'Home Power' Magazine, and poured a Solar Mass Floor 6" thick. Insulation underneath on a Bed of packed Sand [so the Concrete wouldn't crack], hauled in via 2 - 45' Semi Truck Haulers. Put in Fluid Tubing; yet to be hooked up and turned on. It was Air Pressure Leak Tested before the Concrete Pour.-) The Eaves and Window design stop Sunlight at South-facing Door Thresholds on the 22 June Summer Solstice. Meanwhile, Sun streams in almost 14' on the 22 December Winter Solstice. The Super-Insulated Joint never drops below 50 F at night; even on -10 F January nights. W/o Floor Heat. Just 2 'Under Desk' Electric Space Heaters outputting ~10,500 BTUs.

This Fall - with City House Sale Profits in Hand - I'll plumb in a lil Shoebox-sized Water Heat Exchanger. Small Pumps circulate ~125 F Water from the 82 Gallon, R-24 Wall, Electric Water Heater adjacent. A Trick Heat Controller predicts Heat needs in advance; looking at Floor; Interior; and Exterior Air Temps Rate-of-Rise. Concrete heats very slowly. The idea is to walk around - even now - on this massive Thermal 'Flywheel' that is slow to change. So far, so good. Quite simple, actually. The chosen Floor Color soaks up around ~90% of the Solar Energy that hits it.

I'll later augment the System with a few Solar Water Panels got @ n/c from the Gal mentioned up Thread when she split from Hubby. They wanted the Panels gone to facilitate selling their Horse Property. They gave me 8 Panels in exhange for take-away. I need 2. A few more for the future Greenhouse, and Hot Tub outside; also got n/c from this same Gal Pal.

Good Luck on the Vinyl, Senor. Cool Beans.

- 'Here Comes The Sun' ~ The Beatles -

Old 09-02-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 565 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Just got home from my first shift at my seasonal job. A bit of a challenge to dredge up memories of how to do stuff after not being there since May. Overall, fairly successful. Can't imagine trying to do it with alcohol addled brain. I'm happy to be working again!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 566 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad your, sort of, first day went OK MLD.

Uber busy myself at work but then I was this time last year - I feel a bit like a tennis or golf pro who is about to lose a lot of year old ranking points

Hey I think a Silver Shadow for Mecx - not sure who the driver is now that Keith Moon can be ruled out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150830_142621.jpg (32.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 09-02-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 567 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Back at my desk again. It's only two p.m. so I'll twiddle my thumbs for a bit before leaving.

My mother said my dad looks and feels better today. he had a couple of cousins visiting when I called. He's having his lung scoped on Friday to check out something that the doctors don't believe is cancer but they will biopsy anyway. I need to quit smoking.

Brynn, it takes time to process those things. I hope the visit was ok for you.

Tetra! Where are you?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 568 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Ruby - we can help each other quit!!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 569 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Glad your dad's feeling better Ruby.

My cousins sugar daddy bought him a Rolls. Must be nice.

Trying to eat around the bruised spots of a nectarine. I've never eaten so much fruit in my life as I have this summer. I used to hate fruit cause it was too sweet...I was a raw vegetable girl. Guess my tastes have changed.

Just realized I forgot to use my coupons at the grocery store!! Crud!
Old 09-02-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 570 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Glad your dad's feeling better Ruby.

My cousins sugar daddy bought him a Rolls. Must be nice.

Trying to eat around the bruised spots of a nectarine. I've never eaten so much fruit in my life as I have this summer. I used to hate fruit cause it was too sweet...I was a raw vegetable girl. Guess my tastes have changed.

Just realized I forgot to use my coupons at the grocery store!! Crud!
I love fruit.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 571 (permalink)  

Yes, ruby and mld...help each other quit smoking. It was really hard for me to do 10 years ago. But another addiction that it's possible to kick.
I just woke up from a long nap. HAF pooches were barking several times during the night. Possibly coyotes wandering by the house. As a result, I had a terrible night sleep.
But...after my delightful nap I'm feeling good and about ready to head back to work.
Brain....I love your plan to get rid of stuff. I think I'll do a sweep this weekend. So much unnecessary stuff accumulates.
brynn...I forget to use coupons all the time. That's why I don't like them.
mld...congratulations for being back on the job. Sounds like it feels good.
See you all later.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 572 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a little angry with the universe at the moment. People not living up to expectations. Or rather, reinforcing my not very positive expectations of them. No names. No stories. Just venting.

Brynn, I'll have to start eating more fruit. I ate an apple today. That's about as exciting and nutritious as I got. My mother says to come pick peaches before the critters get them so I think I'll be going over there tomorrow. Has anyone frozen peaches? I may do that.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 573 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight friends
Old 09-02-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 574 (permalink)  

hmmmmmmmm, maybe we can call this weekend extension group the 600 club?
I've been spending hours learning about paypal (already hate it) and ebay (already hate it). Seems that unscrupulous individuals can really put a hurting on a small time 'seller'. I've researched other avenues for processing payments via credit card etc. And it seems that selling small ticket items unless done en mass is more trouble than it's worth.
But... I got a lot of junk to get rid of. And if I do do it right, I should be able to get a few house payments out of the deal.
It is fun but time consuming looking at what things are being sold for.
I suppose having the patience to get the ball rolling will pay off.
And yes, people are actually buying National Lampoon's Lemmings album for 10 dollars. Subtract 13% from everything for ebay and paypal, plus my time and travel (handling charges) etc.
Shipping costs etc... it's not as simple as "Hey, I think I'll sell this on ebay." Maybe for one or two items...

I think Mex should get a Morgan instead of a RR. Stand out a little.
Reminds me when I was heading to boot camp many moons ago. I saw a mercedes convertible and said, I'm going to have one of those someday. Well I sold it after five years for a dumb reason. You could actually put stuff in the trunk. Not the new ones today. I remember going to dealerships carrying two bags of gold clubs. Before I would even test drive a car it had to fit golf clubs in the trunk.

Hey - I should sell my gold clubs too!
Old 09-02-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 575 (permalink)  

I had a nap today, too. I just finished cooking dinner, which i never would have had the energy to do a month ago. Tonight I'll do a bit of reading, then go to bed early.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 576 (permalink)  
Administrator

New part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...il-pt-2-a.html

D