Sober Vapers Part 2

Old 06-27-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Gotcha

Atlantis Aspire 0.5 ohm
Old 06-27-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

OK, now I'm getting it.

The owner of the shop was a big help and spent two hours with me today while helping others, but he told me to keep the wattage between 6 and 9. Now I've cranked it up and it works better.

More Power!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
quat

Awesome! I have that tank too, I like most juices at 20 to 24 w in that one , look at you subohming the first day
Old 06-27-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I'm starting to think menthol wasn't my best choice. I read in an earlier post that one mistake people make is trying to duplicate cigarettes. I'm starting to see that maybe the berry flavor with nicotine is the way to go.

Smoother vapor!
Old 06-28-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Though I have heard that an sx mini paired with a lemo2 is a golden ticket combo, may have to try that route
Don't believe everything you read on the interwebs! Heheh. As you know by now these things are personal taste. That said, I really enjoy the Lemo2 as it gives me the options I like, and is easy to rebuild. What I don't like about it is the refilling - I use a syringe as most bottle tops don't really fit into the filling hole.

Originally Posted by esinger View Post
I never wanted to make a hobby out of it. Just wanted to end another addiction and save some cash. No cravings for tobacco and don't even chain vape much anymore. Think it's mostly a hand to mouth habit at this point more than a substance addiction. Anyway, so far so good for now.
And that's perfectly fine, and you are in the majority. The folks that are online often think they are the typical vaper, but they are only 5 - max 10 - % of the vaping population. For me the hobby aspect helped keeping interested and completely forget smoking, but it surely can be done without all the faffing around and buying shiny bits every week.

Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
I'm starting to think menthol wasn't my best choice. I read in an earlier post that one mistake people make is trying to duplicate cigarettes. I'm starting to see that maybe the berry flavor with nicotine is the way to go.

Smoother vapor!
Exactly and welcome! You saved me typing about not trying to replicate it exactly. Give it a few weeks, don't feel pressured, vape when you want to, smoke when you feel the need to. You will start to enjoy vaping a lot more and naturally phase out the cigs.

dwtbd is absolutely right that you need a higher wattage setting for the Atlantis. It's not typically a beginner's tank, but it doesn't have to be a problem, as you can minimize the air intake so that it resembles smoking a bit more. You can also try out a 1.2 ohm coil to see if that feels better to you ( IIRC they used to provide both a 0.5 and a 1.2ohm coil in the package, but I could be wrong - in any case, you can get those at the shop as well). The 1.2 ohm coil would take lower watts, and might work better with restricted airflow. If you feel you are getting too much vapor out of your setup the 1.2 ohm coil might be a good option. It's all cool though as you have a lot of options to try out, and it can actually be fun.

Latest news on the SX Mini is that the firmware update is imminent: it will go to 75W on a single battery (both in Power and Joules mode) and natively support titanium grade 1 wire. I ordered a bunch already (because really, surely, I needed more wire having only 500 or so feet )
Old 06-28-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thank you guys and gals for the help.

I added some berry blast (0mg) to the 12mg. menthol to tone it down. Also been experimenting with a 1.8 ohm tank.

I got this!
Old 06-29-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, I'm getting there. I went from 18mg to 12mg and am now on 6mg. I think when I run out of cartomizers, I'm done. Next, I'm quitting food.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hello again, fellow Vapers,

So now that I'm a pro at vaping(3 days), and down to my last two cigarettes, tomorrow(7/1) is my quit day.

I can't switch back and forth and gradually stop smoking cigarettes.

So, any advice would be appreciated.

My battery is charged, and I have 12mg menthol, 6 mg menthol, and 0mg berry. One extra tank, one extra coil, and 5 coils on order.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
quat

Loving it
When I switched to vaping, it was a good three days of no paper cigs and it clicked that I was a vaper and combustibles were out. Even with the nicotine it felt like I was quitting cold turkey, must have been some kind of withdrawal from other chemicals in the analogs.
I really enjoy vaping still and do not have any plans to stop ejuice with nicotine. I started with cig-a likes at 24 mg , moved to pen like devices at 12 mg , and currently use tanks at around 20-25 watts at 6 mg and sometimes 3 mg. the reduction just kind of happened organically.
I enjoy my current level of vaping and don't see it changing , like more powerful devices or cloud chasing . I can state categorically that my overall health has improved from no longer using combustible tobacco, so at the very least I have achieved harm reduction. But at the same time I am not "trying" to stop using nicotine , but if I did I am almost certain it would be "less" painful for a vaper. For now , though Vape On!! Saw a great shirt "Vaping Kicks Ash!!"

And trachs, surely you don't mean ice cream, too?!

Last edited by dwtbd; 06-30-2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Lol spell correct keeps changing vaping to vamping
Old 06-30-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thanks.

I think I can handle 3 days. It took me 4 years to quit drinking.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

1 Day down.

At work, I'm referring to my vape as my binky, for now.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
quat

Four of my coworkers have switched to vaping since I started. My wife has converted some of her customers. That's a bunch of harm reduction spread around , and we weren't really even trying .
People comment and ask us about it when we're out, and like Harley riders with the little under hand wave to passing riders there is a little head nod of acknowledgement when I see someone else vaping. Seriously starting to consider getting setup with a shop, before the wave crests.
Vape On !
Old 07-02-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Well, Day 2 analog free.

It hasn't been all that difficult with the help of the vape. My guard is up though.
Kind of proud of myself for kicking a 25 year habit to the curb, overnight.

I also like that I can go 12mg to 6 mg to 3mg to 0mg, and be completely done overtime. Although, I may stick with 0mg flavors and look cool vaping. Isn't that why we started smoking?
Old 07-03-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Day 3 , in the books.

Happy Independence Day!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
quat

I'm enjoying a mica Apple bourbon tobacco mixed with a little pear
Happy 4th
Vape On !
Old 07-04-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Make that 4 days.

Just placed an order with VapeWild. All 6mg. S+C, menthol, and a sampler.
I don't really understand the vg/pg ratio, so I went 50/50.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

A vape shop just opened in my neighbourhood and I got the most kick a** new unit! 50w baby! I love it Vaping some strawberry blonde as I type.

Although honestly I don't think anyone really needs anything stronger than a 30w battery..... 50 is too much and it burns through the juice like crazy.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Way to go to all who persue the vape! I put my pens down for a week (was at 3% for awhile). Gave myself an atta-boy and am rockin some Baileys Irish cream/black cherry/chocolate bliss. DW, the bourbon backy/pear thing got my vape-buds circulating..I'm back on the hunt for some of THAT complexity. Harm redux never tasted so decadent...Vape proud peeps! ZC, so much flavor and so little time
Old 07-05-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Temp control/Nickel wire

-welcome newcomers! You'll find good information here. The info below probably doesn't pertain to what you use currently.-
As a newbie to temp control and I know some of you are users as well, I found this a bit concerning. Bear in mind this commentary is from the owner of a vape shop- he makes money selling this stuff. If you use temp control-nickel wire or are thinking about it please see below.
http://youtu.be/cKlDLtcy9Es

Last edited by Brian316; 07-05-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 07-06-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hmmm. Yeah, saw that last week. Don't want to go into too much detail, and everyone always has to decide for themselves what they feel comfortable with, but... I'm afraid the video is very ill informed on just about every level.

I'll suffice to say that vapers have been vaping with nickel coils since day one. What? Yeah, most clearomizers (even today) use nichrome80 instead of kanthal. Nichrome is 80% nickel. Something the maker of this video didn't know. But it's one of the main reasons why Evolv choose NI200 for temp control.

Further more there have been studies and repeat studies that indicate metal particles are not a concern when it comes to vaping (with the present materials we use). Sure, they are present, as they are present in tap water. It's about concentrations.

Also: many people have a nickel allergy. Most of them (90%) have no adverse reactions to vaping with NI200 or nichrome. What does that tell you?

Nickel is possibly even less dangerous than kanthal (with a higher melting point...) provided you don't dry-burn it. Then again, we have no idea what happens to kanthal when we dry-burn it, and some advise against doing it altogether.

Again, not trying to convince anyone, but personally I will happily use NI200 in combination with temp control (spaced coils, no dry-burning). I'm not sure about titanium yet (it's in my mailbox as I write this), but it seems that grade 1 Ti is fine too, and the scare stories (aren't there many scare stories in vaping...) seem to be just that.

It's all new territory, so it's good to be vigilant. Sadly, that also means dealing with scare stories (especially the ones with half-truths cost a lot of time to debunk).

On the other hand: I advise every one of you to listen to this podcast. https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/five-...me-shame-shame Warning: very very strong language. But (sadly) it's 100% accurate (I would love to tell you how I know, but I can't. Yet...). Be picky about your juice, and ask your supplier(s) about this. It's funny, the damage DA/AP can do is downplayed by many vapers. I would say: it's the biggest problem in vaping today. Seriously, have a listen, I'm not kidding.