Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 02-06-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Applekat hope you got some sleep. Even tiredness from a sleepless night is much better than an hangover and alcholic exhaustion.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Couple hours maybe.
Onward though. Day 6.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hey February guys, checking in. Welcome to the class of fresh starts, I had an action packed weekend in mind thanks to no alcohol screwing things up for me but woke up to rain and lots of it so won't be venturing out. I've actually spent 3 hours de cluttering my bedroom(how have I been living amongst so much crap!) anyway hope we are all getting by the best we can and check in on you all later
Old 02-06-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday everyone! or as i like to call it, little monday (i have to work through the weekend). Quick welcome to newcomers, i wish you the best and commend your decision to sign in here. Almost back up to 2 weeks myself. no cravings to speak of really, just complete disdain for the drink. i know I'm done, and i accept that.
navigate the weekend with care!! godspeed!!
Old 02-06-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Day 5, first sober Friday night in a LONG while. Read the Big Book for a couple hours last night and got a good night's sleep. I haven't been able to take it one day at a time yet, so i'm taking one hour a time. If that's too much I take it 5 min at a time. Just trying to be right here, right now. Hang in there guys/gals
Old 02-06-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

There is no reason for traditions of "Saturday drinking" to rule the day. Today, Saturday, is going to go just as we want it to. We are in charge of our destiny!

I say this to remind myself as tonight I will be in a trigger-rich environment. I make a point of avoiding such situations, but tonight is required. My plan is in place. I will report after.

I hope everyone manages to navigate this weekend. I believe if we take care of only today, tomorrow will take care of itself. Good luck!

- Mel
Old 02-06-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Good morning, guys.

Glad to see people building up the sober days and getting right back up after being knocked down.

Day 3 for me. I slept well except for one horrific nightmare. I am anxious this morning but I feel like I have a bit more energy so I'm planning to stay busy with cleaning this weekend. There is tons of it to do as I've neglected it for a couple weeks now.

Have a good day. I'll be checking in frequently today.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Good luck tonight, Mel. If you've got a smart phone, keep it on you and jump on here if you have to.

Starting day six now. Got a long day at work ahead of me. Working from ten this morning to probably eleven or later tonight. Makes me tired just thinking about it. But good thing is that working those hours does mean I won't even have the option of thinking about drinking almost all day.

Wishing everyone a happy and sober Saturday.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Morning classmates. Slept really well again last night. Just finished a big breakfast and feel great.

Stay vigilant this weekend and enjoy!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Day 6 here. How is everyone doing? Let's get through this weekend!

I have a ton of cleaning to do in the garage and some work to do. So long as I don't go near a store, there is no alcohol in the house.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Having a great start to day six. Exercise class, yummy omelette, and about to tackle a house project. Stay strong all and I'll check in more later!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Day 7 here. Checking in. Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. Don't let the av fool you.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Day 5! A little bit of AV creeping in but not too bad. It sure doesn't take long does it? After how horrible I felt on day 1 I can't believe any part of me would crave the drink.
Visiting a friend, babysitting my niece, and working around the house this weekend. It should keep my mind off drinking. I'm actually a binge drinker, not an every day or evening type drinker, so my hardest times are at social events. For now I'll be putting those on hold.
Welcome newcomers, get on this sober horse with us. I can't believe how great I feel on day 5 and I know it will keep getting better.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!! I fought the AV and won yesterday!! I didn't sleep so well and absolutely did not ant to get up but I feel pretty good now. Thank god for coffee!!! No plans for today but I feel like cooking so I'm thinking it might be a good day to do a trial run on desserts I want to make for one of my kids birthday party next month.

(((Hugs))) VirginiaWolf glad you came back here.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Day 1 here....but this time I am determined to make it work!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a sober saturday - keep up the fine work everyone
Old 02-06-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Happy sober Saturday everyone!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Evening- everyone's posts are making me laugh, got mental images of all these people frantically tidying! Long may it continue
Crazily enough I've spent the last 2 hours having hysterical argument with my 13 year old daughter- I realise how often I'm a bit hungover and let her have her own way but today I felt soon control I didn't back down! It did get very ugly because of my willpower but I am so thankful I stood my ground. The desire not to drink is actually even stronger due to that horrible argument as I know I'm a stronger more capable person with out alcohol! She's going to hate me for a while, but hopefully I can get things more under control with a clear head. Have a good one February fighters!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Two things on your plan list?

Originally Posted by SleepyDots View Post
Right on, safeandsound! When I created my plan for cravings I first I included every option I could think of, including a lot of common ones I have read on here but then I refined it and will continue to refine it as needed to take out those things that really don't work for me and add in others that do. I have all kinds of random things on my list to distract me from a craving - from playing that old school computer game Mine Sweeper on my phone to eating something really spicy (habanero cheese is one of my faves). Everyone has to think about what will work for them!
Sleepydots, I love that your plan includes habanero cheese! I also absolutely love anything spicy; it alarms the waitresses at Korean and Chinese restaurants: "Surely you don't want THAT?" You're a Canadian!" (which I am not btw). Your post helped me think about adding things I actually enjoy. I stopped doing all of them while drinking because that was the center of my life.

Hope everyone is doing okay and will post if anything comes up. It helped me a lot yesterday.

I don't usually do this and sorry if it's annoying. I wonder if we all could share a couple things we have on our plans? It seems like the AVs are pretty loud around here lately, so it might even help.

My two: blues music and comedy (late-night shows, stand-up, movies, books, funny people . . . anything related to humor).
Old 02-06-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hi safe and sound, mine are reading (anything crime related and a bit scary) plus I have been singing a lot- sounds really cheesy but I used to sing around the house all the time and I stopped somewhere along the line. My god I must be annoying the hell out of everyone. My poor family I'm either drunk, hungover or singing. Enjoy your Saturday and tell AV to do one