Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 02-06-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Today is my day one

I have gone from social drinker wine with dinner to too much every night. I function and cook etc. but often wake up in the am having to struggle to remember what I cooked, check my phone recent call log to see who I talked to. I am losing myself. I have so many people I love and who love me and I am squandering it. Today has to be day one. Look forward to sharing support🌻
Old 02-06-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Welcome Doityourself

I understand what you mean I went from a social drinker to weekend drinker to nearly everyday waking up wondering about the night before is awful well done on day 1.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doityourself58 View Post
I have gone from social drinker wine with dinner to too much every night. I function and cook etc. but often wake up in the am having to struggle to remember what I cooked, check my phone recent call log to see who I talked to. I am losing myself. I have so many people I love and who love me and I am squandering it. Today has to be day one. Look forward to sharing support🌻
Oh that's the worst the checking the phone the next day to make sure you didn't do something stupid in a blackout
Old 02-06-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Day 2 and I trying to focus my nervous energy. Knowing my husband is still mad at me for things I can't remember always drives me nuts. Trying to find the bottles of booze that I hid from myself so I can dump them before he finds them and thinks they are new. Mad at myself for ending up in this position, but pushing through.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Reading and exercising are two of mine safe.
I feel your pain Mia, I also have a 13 year old daughter.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

She is my nemesis! You know that saying 'you can't scare me, I have a daughter!' Painfully true
Old 02-06-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hiya class
Old 02-06-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Good day, everyone. Looks like a few new day 1's. Good to see others deciding to take the plunge and give up this insidious poison. All it does is play a big trick on us.

That's my rant for today.

Day 2
Old 02-06-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

After fighting with my AV all day yesterday and thinking I had won, I am back to Day 1. Trying again, but I know I need to do something different. Not wanting to drink and "white knuckling" it isn't working. Going to go back and read Dee's post on recovering plans and put one together.

Glad to hear so many of you are doing well this weekend.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

(((Hugs))) ladybug! I'm rooting for you.

My AV is really pestering me today.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Mia - that was funny but not really! Drunk, hungover or singing! Wew!

Safe - exercise. Also playing the tape thru. At first I didn't like that but it has really taken hold of me. Also, play the positive tape thru when you don't drink. And, I like how the "Overs" and "Unders" post. Gives me good perspective and hope!
And Meditation, mindfulness.

Take care all. Love all your posts.

Olivia
Old 02-06-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

We are with you, ladybug.

Today seems to be difficult for a few of us. I am struggling at the moment. I've gotten absolutely nothing done. I haven't even mustered up the energy to shower.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome/welcome back 5upersonic, soberlife123, doityourself, bluedog and anyone I missed

congrats on a week soberjim

sorry I missed your earlier post bluedog - what do you think keeps drawing you back to drinking?

D
Old 02-06-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I think it's my baggage, Dee. I'm working on it, but it's a slow process.

But the bottom line is I come up with excuses to drink and in the moment, my AV takes hold and I give in after becoming frustrated.

I'm going to start using RR to battle the beast, I've never really incorporated it into my routine. All the while continuing to work on my baggage. I'm doing IOP ( although that's disappointing), got a therapist, and may start going to AA at some point.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Welcome to the February 16 class, doityourself58 and 5upersonic! I'm getting a lot out of this class so far and look forward to getting to know you better.

Sorry you decided to drink, ladybug, but glad you're right back with us and hope you'll follow through with your plan to make a plan.

I was supposed to work all day/evening today but we were very slow and had a lot of people scheduled and I've already picked up a couple of extra shifts the next two days so it turns out I'm off for the evening. Going to cook myself something nice for dinner and just be a bum around the house. I'm sure I'll be checking in here often.

safeandsound -- Joining this class and trying to be an active participant is probably the biggest addition to my plan this time. It's very early--day six--but I can tell the difference. I'm feeling better about myself because I'm being honest and I'm feeling more secure in the direction I'm headed because I think I'm building some accountability here.

Wishing everyone a happy and sober Saturday evening. Remember to come in here and ask for help first before you take that first drink if those urges hit. We're stronger together!
Old 02-06-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
I think it's my baggage, Dee. I'm working on it, but it's a slow process.

But the bottom line is I come up with excuses to drink and in the moment, my AV takes hold and I give in after becoming frustrated.

I'm going to start using RR to battle the beast, I've never really incorporated it into my routine. All the while continuing to work on my baggage. I'm doing IOP ( although that's disappointing), got a therapist, and may start going to AA at some point.
I think we all have baggage. For me the whole deal changed when I made a commitment to dealing with that baggage and not running away to the bottle anymore.

I really had to take drinking off the table as a viable option for me.

Whatever excuses I could make up - and some were valid upsetting things - I had to accept that drinking at them was BS,,,finding other ways to deal with whatever I was drinking over was a really important change.

it's not easy but you're not alone - there's support here

I think the same applies to you too ladybug - you need to find other ways to deal with 'stuff'

D
Old 02-06-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Day 5 late afternoon check in. Anyone else feeling mopey and unmotivated? I've managed to do a little around the house today but I keep being called back to the couch. Feeling kind of tired and lethargic a bit. Could this still be my body detoxing?
Ah well, no alcohol in the house so I'm safe and sober.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some days are just like that I think kittycat?

D
Old 02-06-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Day four coming to a close. Been super busy all day, spent most of the day with my gkids, grandson is a football fanatic, so of course we spent hours tossing the ball around.

Happy I was sober and in the moment. Life is short, and want to grasp all the moments, not be drunk or hungover.

Im catching up on this thread, alot of posts to read.
Welcome to the newbies!

Glad we are all in this together, be it day one, or more.

The nasty AV did come calling a few times today. I was able to tell it where to go! So happy I will be waking up sober tomorrow.

Hope everyone is staying the course. We are rockin this my friends!!
Old 02-06-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Phew -- the first twenty four hours down!!!