Old 02-07-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Tinkerbell - congrats on your week too

welcome Smash

D
Old 02-07-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Glad you stopped at one, PeacefulRain. Don't beat yourself up. It's over and done. You're back where you belong here with us.

I got invited to a couple of Super Bowl parties after work today but knew the temptation would be too much so declined. Though actually I have never drank around any of my co-workers. I was about a month sober last year when I got this job and so when I started drinking again after five months I did it almost entirely alone by myself in my own home. For the foreseeable future, I'll be steering clear of any events where alcohol is being served. I need to build new, better habits and routines.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Chinaski- I feel like some weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'd been hiding bottles from him etc but now everything is out in the open and he will not accept me drinking.

Tinkerbell- I am in Australia too
Nice to meet you SansaS
There are a few lovely fellow Aussies plugged in here!
Sounds like you are creating a good solid foundation for sobriety.
I have a similar situation where my husband put his foot down and won't put up with me drinking anymore but his approach has been more authoritarian than encouraging at times.
Another place I'd encourage you to visit on SR is the 24hr thread you can check in every day.
Have a lovely Monday. It's nice to say that as I have trouble getting my head around the time differences and which day it is for some of our fellow Februarians!
Cheers Tink. X
Old 02-07-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Welcome, smash.

Glad to see so many people doing well. If you did drink, just get back up! Don't let one slip be the beginning of a disastrous slide!
Old 02-07-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camryn474 View Post
If you did drink, just get back up! Don't let one slip be the beginning of a disastrous slide!
Amen to this. I've let my addiction tell me dozens or hundreds of times before, "Well, you've already had that drink, might as well get absolutely hammered and start over again tomorrow/next week/next month/next year." It's such a crazy way of thinking. I don't want to live that way anymore.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

My sober evening has gone as planned. Just polished off my brownie and fizzante.

Hopefully will get a few hours of sleep tonight. It is so needed. I did this last month - actually cruised through 21 days only to cave to a couple glasses at a dinner out. Pretty much a pre-planned thing. I wasn't posting much on here so I'm trying to do that a lot more. My point is, I often do better earlier on and then let it slide later. But never a - "oh I'm not that bad, I know I'll just have a glass or two" - more of, I'm going to let myself off the hook tonight. I need to plan for those pre-planned "screw it" nights.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I'm bad about that too, Applekat. Those pre-planned f-it nights.

Chinaski, I can't tell you how many times I've been guilty of drinking one drink then that turning into a week longer bender or longer. It's so much easier to drop it before it drops you.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm back and ready to get sober. I can't remember when I was here last, but I have been trying off and on for years. I'm going to go to AA, too. Eventually. Soon, maybe tomorrow. I didn't drink yesterday or today. I'm still mildly hungover but not having any real withdrawals as far as I can tell. Doubt I'll sleep much, but I'll still feel better tomorrow than if I drank. I'm glad you are all here, I really will need the support.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you KarenOskie. Glad you've joined us!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Well, I'm pretty depressed about the Panthers loss. That and all the obnoxiousness on social media about commercials and whatnot is driving me nuts. Has got my AV working overtime. I should go to bed, but I'm very amped up I'll just toss and turn. Ugh

Welcome all newcomers. I guess tomorrow things will be back to normal.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi guys

for those who don;t know we usually close threads at about 500 posts - it stops things getting too unwieldy

this thread continues on tho - please join us for part 2 here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D