Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 04-26-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Here it is the morning of day 4.....it feels like each day is about a year long! I haven't said anything to my family about not drinking yet. No withdrawal symptoms except I am super irritable. Oh, it seems like I might be having more hot flashes than normal but that might be sunburn and menopause related. I started some natural estrogen just in case.
I have 4 days of dinners etc... Through Saturday. I'm not looking forward to that at all.
Have a great day everybody.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afternoon all x
day 44 for me and my AV was at it this morn!
I managed to go to an appointment which wasn't meant to be until tomo lol and that was with my alcohol councillor, he asked if i was alrigh?t, and he said ive got some bad news, i said what the lady isnt coming to the meeting to help with keeping me active and helping me, he said NO YOU CAME ON WRONG DAY! lol its tomo! So left there thinking OMG i could do with a drink as normal i would due to being stupid lol So anyway AV kept nagging me on the way home and lucky it wasn't time to be allowed to be served alcohol that time of the morning, so i headed home and went to sleep and woke up again with AV still saying " eww u can still have a drink its not to late before your husband is home later and daughter is not due here until 11 tonight!" so i phoned my husband told him im craving and he said don't do it as daughter is coming to visit, so i went to the shop and bought coke and some areo balls of chocolate instead!!!!! lol

So i am just keeping myself bz and trying to get over the craving, have been some really interesting replies on this thread x i need to get back to AA like i said before and also work on some meditation.

Anyway keep up the good work all xx
Old 04-26-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Afternoon all x
day 44 for me and my AV was at it this morn!
I managed to go to an appointment which wasn't meant to be until tomo lol and that was with my alcohol councillor, he asked if i was alrigh?t, and he said ive got some bad news, i said what the lady isnt coming to the meeting to help with keeping me active and helping me, he said NO YOU CAME ON WRONG DAY! lol its tomo! So left there thinking OMG i could do with a drink as normal i would due to being stupid lol So anyway AV kept nagging me on the way home and lucky it wasn't time to be allowed to be served alcohol that time of the morning, so i headed home and went to sleep and woke up again with AV still saying " eww u can still have a drink its not to late before your husband is home later and daughter is not due here until 11 tonight!" so i phoned my husband told him im craving and he said don't do it as daughter is coming to visit, so i went to the shop and bought coke and some areo balls of chocolate instead!!!!! lol

So i am just keeping myself bz and trying to get over the craving, have been some really interesting replies on this thread x i need to get back to AA like i said before and also work on some meditation.

Anyway keep up the good work all xx
So glad to hear this Erratic! Congrats on 44 days, that's awesome! We can do this!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hello! I'm just joining this group now and will try to catch up on previous posts over the next few days.

I had been sober and was doing well since November 2016. I bought a house, got stressed about the move and walked away from my sober supports. I drank every night for two weeks and a half weeks. I'm back on day 3 and hoping to join the class of April for some accountability.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Good day all, Day 26 here. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-26-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

7:20pm at the end of Day 2 ....... and what a day!

At 9:30am I got a call from the agency I had an interview at yesterday to say their client wanted to know if I could do 3 days paid trial and if ok will start properly on Monday.

So I dashed home, showered, changed and got there by 10:30am. The woman there had to go out at 10:45am so she gave me a few things to do so I got them down and then read files etc to get a feel for the place and the work.

She got back about 4:45pm and although my time was to 5pm I stayed until 6pm to learn some stuff. She seemed impressed by that and we got on really so I am feeling VERY hopeful that my work worries are over!
Old 04-26-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

sick, but hopeful

Day one here. There have been hundreds of day one - but something really shifted this time. Thank you all for being here. I live way out in the country, no license so good to have found SR.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

End of day 3 (well 19:38 UK time) total emotional & angry wreck of a day for me but thanks to SR and SR members encouraging me to stop being ashamed about my relapse and contacting my local AA contact I have nearly made it through .. role on day 4 ....
Old 04-26-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Go well, everybody;
go placidly.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainypnw View Post
Hello! I'm just joining this group now and will try to catch up on previous posts over the next few days.

I had been sober and was doing well since November 2016. I bought a house, got stressed about the move and walked away from my sober supports. I drank every night for two weeks and a half weeks. I'm back on day 3 and hoping to join the class of April for some accountability.
Welcome Rainy!!!!
Old 04-26-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Going to join this thread. Just slept all afternoon, which is normally drink time. That's my immediate big plan.
So day 2 is going well. Drove by the store on my way home from shopping. Wasn't even tempted to go in, thanks to reading all the positive posts here!
Old 04-26-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Spect I'll do the same today. Okay at mo. Shaking, etc, more than I'd hoped. But definitely better than last Friday.
You don't have to take that swig Weev. I bet you can pull out and use some of that extra strength you have deep inside you.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Welcome Rainy, Awake61 and Shitzupuppy. It's very nice to see all of you are here.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'm about 3/4's of the way through Day 2--so far so good. No real urges today, but I'm remaining vigilant.

I restarted my Mindful meditation, so that's good. I'll be taking a walk later this evening, and right now, I'm working on job-related and personal issues that I've put off for awhile. Part of my plan is to do something productive and helpful each day.

I've still been a little shaky from my Sunday/Monday binge, so I decided to not chance a drive to an AA meeting, but I will attend one tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Stay strong everyone. I know it's a tough road, full of emotional ups and downs, but we can do this.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainypnw View Post

What matters is that we're back on the right path.

I got sober in August and did really well until around Thanksgiving when I switched jobs and with that, walked away from a lot of relationships that had been the center of my world for the past year. I had a hard time coping with that, and allowed myself to dwell on past mistakes too much, became quite depressed and finally relapsed March first.

I struggled for about 7 weeks and finally made the decision to re-commit to sobriety. I'm in nursing school and I have my pediatric rotation coming up. I realized that the person I had become in drinking was very angry. I didn't want to bring that with me when I go in to work with the kids, that's coming up on the 16th of May, and I really need to give myself some time to let my mood level off. I'm on my 9th day today.

I'm feeling pretty good. I have a final tomorrow I haven't studied for but it's review for me, having had to repeat so many semesters, and my average is a strong B, I'm now worried.

The weather is beautiful and I think that makes a huge difference in my mood. I just got back from a walk, I'm feeling great, but as I sit down and type, I notice I have a tremor just in my left index and middle fingers. A little less noticeable in the other hand but also there. I had tremors for the first three days, then they went away, now they are back. I wonder if it is alcohol withdrawal, or just caffeine withdrawal, both, or a familial thing we have called essential tremor - we have it just because! It's linked to a family history of Parkinson's. But I hate it because no matter how much sober time I get I will also worry my dear mother :P
Old 04-26-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Holy moly! I had a super busy day at work and couldn't post. I also discovered Ancestry.com and, well, down I go in that rabbit hole! Turns out my great grandmother was Romanian and my great great grandfather was Russian! So cool! Oh, yeah, and another cool thing is that I'm on DAY 17.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Exhausted...sober....end of day 11....
Old 04-26-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. Welcome to all the people who joined this week. Hello to those of you who have been walking on the journey since April started. Congrats to everyone who has made it through another day. Special shout out to KIR who answered a couple of my posts from yesterday...read and appreciated! I am so happy to say that today, Day 13, is the first day that I have felt slightly human since I quit. To me that is the beginning of some light in the tunnel, although I know I am still precariously close to slipping up. Maybe tomorrow I will even be less vile! Yay! Blessings, hope, light and love to you all. We can do this together.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I do apologise that I'm hopeless at 'liking' posts, acknowledging other people's news, being supportive etc. I do read the posts and there is always so much I want to say to specific people but ..... well...... am just rubbish at actually doing it! Sorry :-(

Beginning of Day 3 and I have no reason to drink. I 'may' have started a new job yesterday (on 3 days trial), am going straight from there to a different town tonight to go to the theatre (will get home about 1:30pm), working tomorrow, AA tomorrow night.

It just isn't worth drinking!

Have a great day all xx
Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Welcome to all new people who just joined.

Just woke up to day 7. First day since I quit that I really felt energetic, ready to jumpstart my day. Amazing, haven't felt this for a long time! So, so grateful.

Stay strong everyone, wish you the best Thursday!