Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-05-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

day 8, and another lovely sunny day. I skip the company party today because i dopn't feel comfortable going to a perty with a lot of drinking yet, i will just relax at home and enjoy the sun. I plan going on a hike in the weekend with my tent somewhere in the mountains, needs to plan a route
Old 05-05-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
day 8, and another lovely sunny day. I skip the company party today because i dopn't feel comfortable going to a perty with a lot of drinking yet, i will just relax at home and enjoy the sun. I plan going on a hike in the weekend with my tent somewhere in the mountains, needs to plan a route
Very good plan about skipping the party. Ahhhh, the mountains....nature cures all!
Old 05-05-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

DAY 26 for me. I'm looking forward to a nice, busy weekend. My husband and I will go hiking, weather permitting (it's supposed to rain).
Old 05-05-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
Very good plan about skipping the party. Ahhhh, the mountains....nature cures all!
Yeah, I didn't feel like going at all. The last couple of days my collegues have all been talking about getting drunk at the party and how fun it will be, and bla bla... i just smiled and said sure, but I can't go, thinking inside my head that there is nothing cool at all about getting drunk - and trust me I know, i am an expert on the subject
Old 05-05-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
Yeah, I didn't feel like going at all. The last couple of days my collegues have all been talking about getting drunk at the party and how fun it will be, and bla bla... i just smiled and said sure, but I can't go, thinking inside my head that there is nothing cool at all about getting drunk - and trust me I know, i am an expert on the subject
Yikes! It seems to me drinking at a company function would be a career limiting move! Even I wouldn't do that when I was a drinker, I at least had enough sense!
Old 05-05-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

it's quite common here, at least in my line of work... even my foreman asked me to come, especailly as i am new to the company, and said "You don't get to know your work mates properly until you get drunk with them" - and I thought to myself, you seriously don't want to get to know the drunk me, that's for sure... I'll much rather be known as the quit bore in the company rather than the guy who got totally wasted beyond any sense - which would most likely have happened if I went to a party with unlimited free drinks and a bunch of collegues encouraging senseless drinking
Old 05-05-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I have had people tell me it's not Time2rise, but I don't know whether thats certain phone models or across the board.

D
Thanks Dee. I suspect it's the forum's mobile software and not the phones. Oh well, I usually post from my laptop anyway.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Goodnight all - good idea to stay away from parties at this early stage in sobriety - bed for me - 10pm - bit of a late night really :-)
Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Administrator

good call I think ST

Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 05-05-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Stay home and be.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

I think you made the right choice SoberTyger! I turned down two party invitations this week, I know there will be lots of drinking going on at both parties. I'm not ready for that and it actually felt ok. I'll make other sober plans that I'll enjoy. Woke up at 7 am today, on a Saturday, hangover free, ready to face the day. Sobriety rocks! Day 16 today... Wish you all a happy and sober Saturday!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Day 9. Glad i stayed at home last night. Woke up sober and good today. Now i am packing my backpack, i plan to go to this mountain area and sleep over in my new tiny light weight tent

- I bought a lot of light weight fancy outrdoors equipment, i am amazed how little my backpack weigh even though i have tent, sleeping bag, cooking equipment and everything in there - and it all cost me the same money i would have wasted on drinks had I gone out for the weekend, hah! Cant wait to get out there, it's definately better than ruining life at the pub.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Beautiful Pic ST. Thank you for sharing.

Just checking in myself, it is day 10 for me today and all is well. Keep going everyone, it is an amazing journey.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lovely pic ST but would you mind resizing in future?
Anything that changes the dimensions of the thread is too big.

D
Old 05-06-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hello April. I'm doing reasonably well. I'll finish up Day 11 in a few hours, so that's good. Thoughts of drinking have been minimal, so that's also good. However, those thoughts still pop-up from time to time, so I need to remain vigilant.

To that end, I've been working on ways to learn how to enjoy being sober, and while doing so, I came across this helpful article. Perhaps it will help some of you too. It's worth the read IMO.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...enjoy-sobriety
Old 05-06-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hi All,
Day 22 today. It was a strange day today. Usually on Saturdays I would have wine in the afternoon while I caught up on some TV shows I dint watch during the week. It was my ' relax' time. Then I would have a big nap, then drink some more at night. Sunday repeat.
Today, I didn't crave drinking but I didn't know what to do with my Saturday and I was tempted to drink just because I was bored. So clearly I need a plan for my weekends from now on. I have one for tomorrow.
Also, I felt like I was kind of grieving my not drinking. Which is silly because I really don't want to drink. But still, I felt like I was mourning just a bit, the idea that I will nene for drink again. I better get to a meeting this week!
Old 05-06-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Bedtime...day 21 done, sober, but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it. Stupid mood swings.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Ah Simply Free you and I are in a similar in terms of our sober days and this recovery journey!
Old 05-06-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Sunday is a new day and a new outlook Simply and Tertor.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things can do and will get better SF Hang in there

D