Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 04-26-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, enjoy reading the posts. Start of day 4 for me. Off work tomorrow so weekend starts tonight. Need to think of a plan.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:51 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

For those experiencing some improvements after a few days - the best is yet to come! So stick with it, it is so worthwhile.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:07 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

New member today. On Day 2. I would like to join the class.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:14 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Welcome, Socceragain - glad you're here
Old 04-27-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Glad you're here Socceragain! It gets better! Keep posting, we're here for you!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Welcome to everyone new~

Day 3
Actually, just starting day 4 but it's only 2:30am so I just finished day 3. This week has been stressful at work and yesterday I wanted unhealthy food and I wanted to drink. The mornings are so much better when I don't drink & I thought about waking up tomorrow and how I would feel if I drank today, and decided to settle for 7up & a Subway. I'm trying to give up pop, but I may need it to get me through these first few days. I love water and tea but I like the carbonation in pop/soda.

Thanks for posting everyone. It is helpful and keeps me motivated

Happy Thursday
Old 04-27-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome socceragain

Hi Emme

D
Old 04-27-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I was here before a few times and now I'm back. My problem is binge drinking approx once a week sometimes more. Hiding it from my husband who knows well. I don't understand how I can go weeks without doing it and for noparticular reason open a bottle again. It's affecting my marriage and I'm not happy with it.I want and need to change. I don't want to do this a second longer.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Willow
D
Old 04-27-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Good morning everyone, waking up happy on day 3. Been sleeping most of yesterday to keep myself safe, and surprised I slept all night again too. Wife and I went for a walk after dinner yesterday. Tonight we're going to a presentation at whole foods grocery store.
Taking my anti-depression meds, which I stopped doing being they don't mix well with alcohol. Had chosen alcohol over meds for the past year-
Ish.

Feel optimistic and smiling from ear to ear to be sober and proud of it!

Hope everyone has a happy, sober day!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Sipping coffee, reading the posts and working hard on letting all the guilt from the past slip away.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 12.....glad to be here....but no overconfidence.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone

Welcome to everyone new~

Day 3
Actually, just starting day 4 but it's only 2:30am so I just finished day 3. This week has been stressful at work and yesterday I wanted unhealthy food and I wanted to drink. The mornings are so much better when I don't drink & I thought about waking up tomorrow and how I would feel if I drank today, and decided to settle for 7up & a Subway. I'm trying to give up pop, but I may need it to get me through these first few days. I love water and tea but I like the carbonation in pop/soda.

Thanks for posting everyone. It is helpful and keeps me motivated

Happy Thursday
Hi Emme-
Have you tried carbonated water such as Pellegrino or Sparletts? It helps me a lot and keeps me away from soda.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow3 View Post
I was here before a few times and now I'm back. My problem is binge drinking approx once a week sometimes more. Hiding it from my husband who knows well. I don't understand how I can go weeks without doing it and for noparticular reason open a bottle again. It's affecting my marriage and I'm not happy with it.I want and need to change. I don't want to do this a second longer.
Willow are you writing down what you are feeling when you get the urge to drink? I've started doing that and just try to feel the feeling without reacting. It's interesting the things that come about.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Willow are you writing down what you are feeling when you get the urge to drink? I've started doing that and just try to feel the feeling without reacting. It's interesting the things that come about.

I haven't tried that no. But I will for sure. Giving it everything this time. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 4 here and my body is definitely feeling better today than the past 3 days. It is so nice to wake up and not have a hangover. I slept much better last night. Looking forward to an overnight visit with my mom and sister this evening. Time for some coffee and a little more cleaning before my guests arrive.

It's really good to read all of your posts. Hoping to have more time to respond to individuals next week.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Just finished Day 1 here so at least I am not measuring sobriety in hours anymore.

I am joining the Class of April a little late but better late then never.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

DAY 18 for me and things are going good. My mom took me out to lunch today - a belated birthday lunch. It was nice, but I'm ready for the celebrating to be over with - my birthday was a week ago! Ha! Anyway, I am happy not to be drinking. It's time that I start to put pen to paper and develop my sobriety plan. I've been thinking a lot on it and processing (it's how I work through things before execution). Stay tuned!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Welcome! Glad to have you - the more the merrier!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. Feeling pretty bad today, overwhelmed, overworked, no time for anything fun, no one to hang out with anyway. Tired of constantly having to defend myself against dysfunctional losers. There's always someone harassing me, always. I want nothing more than harmony but there is always someone trying to kick me down over some resentment over any little thing of the few good things I have. No one can be happy for me. If something good happens there's always someone there to try and ruin it. I'm very pessimistic today. I haven't been coming to these boards because I was so frustrated with losing posts and constantly getting logged out for no reason. Thats reminds me: Copy this message before hitting Post! I think the frustration with the system was maybe a small price to pay if coming here helps me carry on. I don't want to be a drunk and I don't want to let these losers get me down. My therapist says to ignore them and not let them get to me because that is exactly what they want. Easier said than done. There must something of value in this that I can learn about myself.