Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 07-10-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hug for u jo. We r here for u. Tomorrow can be different for u.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Morning Ben Congrats on 71 Days! That's awesome! How've you been? Wondering if you're finding more peace in your sobriety these days. I know you used to make your own ale as a hobby.....ever find another one to replace it with?
Hi .. yes and no. Yes I'm feeling better about being sober all the time. And no I haven't found another hobby. I've been keeping busy doing diy around the home just need more cash to keep it up. Materials are expensive.

Bad luck jo. back on the horse. You're a tough old bird. Little slip ups are nothing to get down about. We are all here after all because we have a problem not because we are perfect.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I've just finished work. Feel terrible but I can't drink today and I won't xxx
Old 07-11-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Jo- hope things are better today for you. Don't beat yourself up about slipping, it happens. All you can do is keep on keepin on!!
Hope everyone else is doing okay. Pretty quiet out there as of late, myself included.
Some days have been easier then others I guess. I almost caved myself and had I had gas in my car, and was presentable to go to the store, I would have caved.

That scares me since today is exactly 2 months for me!!!! On 5/11, I reached out to SR and joined the Mayflies shortly after. ( I haven't been counting the days, I just happened to look at my original post the other day and realized huh.... its really been that long?, or that short? )
Thanks to everyone here, I have remained sober. I am grateful to each and everyone of you for your support and friendships--- even if it is virtual!
Have a wonderful day my friends!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
Jo- hope things are better today for you. Don't beat yourself up about slipping, it happens. All you can do is keep on keepin on!!
Hope everyone else is doing okay. Pretty quiet out there as of late, myself included.
Some days have been easier then others I guess. I almost caved myself and had I had gas in my car, and was presentable to go to the store, I would have caved.

That scares me since today is exactly 2 months for me!!!! On 5/11, I reached out to SR and joined the Mayflies shortly after. ( I haven't been counting the days, I just happened to look at my original post the other day and realized huh.... its really been that long?, or that short? )
Thanks to everyone here, I have remained sober. I am grateful to each and everyone of you for your support and friendships--- even if it is virtual!
Have a wonderful day my friends!
Congrats on 2 months Camery...great accomplishment

Good work Jo on getting back on the horse today...you can do this!!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Thanks Eagle! I am celebrating at the moment with an iced coffee drink at Starbucks with whipped cream! Ahhhh the little things in life I missed because I was loaded everyday and couldn't drive to get one!
Old 07-11-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Hi .. yes and no. Yes I'm feeling better about being sober all the time. And no I haven't found another hobby. I've been keeping busy doing diy around the home just need more cash to keep it up. Materials are expensive.

Bad luck jo. back on the horse. You're a tough old bird. Little slip ups are nothing to get down about. We are all here after all because we have a problem not because we are perfect.
Tough old bird? Hahaha God I feel ancient now lol
Old 07-11-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 2 months, Camery! Very inspiring!
Old 07-11-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Hello, all Sorry I was M.I.A. Yesterday. I was so busy keeping busy that I actually forgot to check in, even though you were all on my mind. Probably a mistake, I'm sure, but I did stay dry.

Congrats to all on the accomplishments - I have read through the post. My apologies to not addressing everyone individually

Jo - keep fighting the good fight! It's worth it - YOU'RE worth it!!! Luv u, babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Morning all. Made it through yesterday despite chronic anxiety. Slept okay considering. This must stop. I'm not sure how yet. I need a better strategy. I keep going back when I feel physically better so that's where I need to be vigilant. Eldest daughter not talking to me which is hard but I'll give her the time she needs. Time to get up and start day 2.
Take care all and thanks again for your kindness xxx
Old 07-12-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Congrats Camery! 2 months! Whoop, Whoop!!!

Morning all! Wishing everyone a sober and peaceful day!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I saw it. I wanted it. I eated it.
That is all.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

It does feel like people are drifting away from here. Maybe as you get better thats going to be normal.

My emotions are all pretty close to the surface. I'm watching a service for the Dallas police officers through tears. Presidents Bush and Obama sitting side by side with their wives. The families of those men --it's incomprehensible how much they are grieving. I had a counselor who told me I am what is called a hypersensitive individual. This is not something I wish to be or feel is something to be proud of. It simply is. Since I was a little girl that's been the case. My mom who is a wonderful caring human being is strong and has weathered many storms in her 90 years on earth. I asked her recently how she coped with some problem she was dealing with. She said don't worry about me I'm tough. What will I do without her?

By the way. the Dallas police chief is a wonderful human being. If you get a chance, listen to his remarks.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hi LW-
I am watching the same thing! I loved the police chiefs statement-- it was very well done, and a tear jerker of an afternoon. I couldn't imagine being there in person. I would be bawling like a baby.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Agreed- I miss all the activity here...
Old 07-12-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

CG/LW- I would also agree, there hasn't been a lot of activity as of late on here.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hi all! I'll have a little post (miss the chit chat too guys!). Things are slowly improving here. I've blitzed my living room and car this evening. Both sparkly clean! My parents are visiting on Saturday so I've a lot of cleaning to do and it'll be great having them here (plus I'd never drink in front of them) so I am optimistic I'll get to a week safe.
LW I love carrot cake! You've got me thinking about it now.....might have to indulge myself too!
Determined to be positive and look forward.....enjoy the rest of your day everyone

Oh and yes Camery that's an amazing achievement well done! xxx
Old 07-12-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Thanks Jo!
Nothing really going on to post on my end. The weather here is humid, and miserable, so I keep myself indoors as much as possible since I don't do well. After 2 days of being cooped up, I am getting restless and bored. There is nothing more to clean! LOL.
Back on track with my low carb diet again, since last week I got a little off track, so while that cake sounds exquisite LW , none fo me!!!!
Still keepin on over here Mayflies! One day at a time is all I can do right now.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Miss is the chit chat too! I think it is sort of a normal progression to pull back over time or perhaps transition to more of a day to day chit chat about normal life, staying sober, and being at the ready to support one another if temptation rears its ugly head. So, with that in mind......I will chit chat away.....

Work has been a little stressful since the conversation with my boss. She's a bit passive aggressive so she's been making it rain pain and seem completely unrelated. I just keep plugging along and it seems that things are slowly returning to "normal". I'm going to call quitting smoking semi-successful. I've relapsed maybe 3 times but never smoked more than 1 a day....except that once Thanks to not smoking (as much), my cardio workouts have been way easier and I don't dread them near as much, but I still dread them a little because frankly (at the moment) I am not super enjoying kicking my own @** 5 days a week....But I have lost 12lbs. since I quit drinking. Nothing earth shattering, but its something.
LW- Carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting is my absolute favorite! Yum!
Old 07-13-2016, 01:36 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Folks check out weekender thread - it goes all week and starts new on Thursday (Friday down under) it goes all the time as we have representation from most parts of the globe.

Lots of random chatting and tons of support.