Notices

One Year & Over Part 36

Old 03-26-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I just lost a post! Ergh. It did the think you were talking about Itchy, said I wasn't logged in when I was. I blame Safari, I was using it for the first time instead of Chrome cause I'm on my BRAND NEW LAPTOP.

The crazy hours and abuse I've been taking at this job have allowed me to pay for this shiny new laptop because Hollywood pays ridiculous wages.

Hey RZ--congrats on Lucky 13!

I got a new writing gig! Media relations for a federally funded initiative helping children with mental health and substance use challenges. Cool, huh? I didn't apply for it, the woman was given my resume and she thought I was a good fit so called me out of the blue! Neat! I'd written some stories about them.

Anyway, have a good Easter Overs.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Oh awesome InPar!!! Congratulations on the new gig. And yes, it sounds like a fantastic fit.

Hey Itchy love.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Less than 1/2 hour to Easter Sunday here. I did not reach my goal of 185 lbs, I weighed 187.6. I am not to unhappy, started at 227 about a year ago. Slow and steady.. and no booze... is the key for me.

Happy Easter!
Old 03-26-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I had to convert to kilos Drake, and wow, that's a fantastic fit healthy weight!!!
Congratulations!!!!
Old 03-26-2016, 10:09 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I was too lazy to do that Venus. 85 kg.. sounds even better.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

thanks for the congrats overs!

hey itch, you forgot the Bakers Dozen! lol
Old 03-27-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

V, big congrats on 1 year and 5 months sober!

IP, sounds like a terrific gig!

Drake, way to go :-). I need to do the same.

Itchy, how are things where you live? Although the news is quiet, I would bet that there is still loads of damage to contend with. Sad how quickly attention turns elsewhere for those not affected.

Good morning, all!
Old 03-27-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs I'm right into man in the high castle this show is awesome
Old 03-27-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

1.5 For the Venus?!

Old 03-27-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Venus xx
Old 03-27-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Re-Member

YW Wolf,

IP that is great! Send me links to the articles as they come! Having a hire out of the blue in addition to your gaining Hollywood crazy money is certainly Lagniappe. We will be able to say one day that we knew you and Toots when!

I'm jealous Drake!

RZ,
It is a happy number and I posted that in case you suffered from triskaidekaphobia. the onus of 13 being an unlucky number comes to us from the Middle Ages, "originating from the story of Jesus' last supper and crucifixion" in which there were 13 individuals present in the Upper Room on the 13th of Nisan Maundy Thursday, the night before his death on Good Friday. While there is evidence of both Friday and the number 13 being considered unlucky, there is no record of the two items being referred to as especially unlucky in conjunction before the 19th century.

An early documented reference in English occurs in Henry Sutherland Edwards' 1869 biography of Gioachino Rossini, who died on a Friday 13th:

He [Rossini] was surrounded to the last by admiring friends; and if it be true that, like so many Italians, he regarded Fridays as an unlucky day and thirteen as an unlucky number, it is remarkable that on Friday 13th of November he passed away.

It is possible that the publication in 1907 of Thomas W. Lawson's popular novel Friday, the Thirteenth,[9] contributed to disseminating the superstition. In the novel, an unscrupulous broker takes advantage of the superstition to create a Wall Street panic on a Friday the 13th.[5]

A suggested origin of the superstition—Friday, 13 October 1307, the date Philip IV of France arrested hundreds of the Knights Templar—may not have been put together until the 20th century. It is mentioned in the 1955 Maurice Druon historical novel The Iron King (Le Roi de fer), John J. Robinson's 1989 work Born in Blood: The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry, Dan Brown's 2003 novel The Da Vinci Code and Steve Berry's The Templar Legacy (2006).

I believe that IS a happy number, especially today when so many people the world over celebrate a rebirth, which our sober anniversaries most certainly, and literally, celebrate our personal rebirth as well. You celebrate your own every April.

Sending warm hugz yer way too Kitten.

Sass,
We have several thousand homeowners and renters who lost all of their possessions to the floods, we have crews coming in from all over helping, and Home Depot, (a DIY hardware and lumber store here in the US a big chain bog box store) is donating thousands of dollars worth of repair materials and supplies. Bottled water is being handed out at distribution points, and FEMA disaster relief and other help for the uninsured and insured are arriving daily. I am happy that my pick of location for a number of other reasons before buying had the advantage of not being a flood prone area, despite the rain running over my place out front in any heavy rain. Here are some good video reports from here:
Rick Rowe's Stories from the Heart: The Great Flood of 2016 - KTBS.com - Shreveport, LA News, Weather and Sports
Rick Rowe's takes a look back at the great flood of 2016 - KTBS.com - Shreveport, LA News, Weather and Sports

FBL,
Like you we have actually had a few days of cooooold we had 60 degree days for the past week and are now back to mid 70s and isolated showers. NO snow.

Hi to all I've missed - literally

Things are getting back to normal here on our little patch of Earth. I traded my computer skills with another guy who repairs small engines and we will fix each other's stuff and only pay for our parts each. I cleaned out all the infections he had on a desktop they use, and he cleaned out the carb on my new last year and ran great, but ethanol clogged over the winter. I will now store them after running them until they are out of gas every winter now.

My old bud from RVing that died a couple of months ago has a daughter that I've also known for years who is driving down from Virginia every month to liquidate his household goods and big diesel truck and RV. I went over since it was dead, to install two new batteries and check tires and oil/fluids/filters so she could follow me to the dealer in her car and get the truck inspected and serviced for anything more. It is a six speed standard but we took care of the driving. It was in such good shape I made an offer and she will get back to me. It is a long bed already set up for towing a 5th wheel RV and although I can with my short bed, I have found I do not like a pretend truck to drive around like a car. I do not mind parking far away from the entrances to stores to have no other vehicles hitting my paint with their doors or trying to squeeze between them with a long bed 1 yon diesel. I hope we can come to terms as my froiend's 1 Ton diesel is perfect where my 3/4 ton diesl short bed is for the person who wants a flashy truck as their only vehicle that is easier to park with the short bed, not a working truck with the long bed and no 4WD.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, I hope you are all enjoying your Easter breaks and safe travels FBL and anyone else.

IP, I too would like links to the articles when you have them, I worked in mental health for 12 years so anything like that is of interest.

Zip, my man, congratulations on 13 years that is incredible. Thank you for being around to inspire.

VC thank you for your kind words and congratulations to you too on a year and a half

Drake you are doing great!

Sass, you are lovely too!

Hugs everyone xx
Old 03-27-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Do your best

You know what's always intrigued me about freemasonry ? Rosslyn chapel in scotland that place has secrets everywhere embedded in it even musical notes ? its also the birthplace of the first ever cloned mammal dolly the sheep

This is what wiki says https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosslyn_Chapel

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_(sheep)

Hope you get the RV Itchy
Old 03-27-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Thank you lovely Overs...1 year & 5 months. 1 more month before I get to the point where I crashed last time....I am both mindful and a little afraid.

Hope you are all enjoying your Easter.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats again Venus

im loving man in the high castle
Old 03-27-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just logged in as just started watching Mr robot I knew I was going to love this

Just heard the line 'that's where your wrong I don't give a **** about money' going to love this goodnight Overs
Old 03-27-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys, I'm really excited about this new opportunity, and such an interesting field!
Feels good to be on a new track, I think it might be headed some good places. And I'm going to keep working in the movies for as long as I can make that work, it's such good money. And then try to make a go of freelance writing/communications stuff. I got some work also with my dad's wife who has written a book and needs pr type stuff done, anyway it's something!
Had a delicious 24-hour ham for lunch at my dad's house today, haven't worked for a couple days and feel myself again, I was so exhausted, was almost distraught on Friday night from just craziness at work. I was driving on Friday night and almost hit somebody, because my brain was not thinking at all or reacting, it was so scary. It feels really good today to be rested and have some time to think about something other than Wayward Pines! (Sorry Venus!!!) Have you seen the new preview of season 2 they put out? There are a couple sets in it that I worked on! Pretty cool.
Anyway I'm off that show now to make room to focus on the writing job for a few weeks. Will work for some other shows I guess.
I love my new laptop.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

More great news InPar. So happy for you!
I just this second watched the trailer for S2 of WW...hmm....interesting. I like this premise even more than the first season.

Mr Robot is really good wolfie, and really different.
Do you know it won a slew of awards?
A bit of trivia: the creator is engaged to Emmy Rossum (Shameless), who is good friends with Rami Malek and suggested him for the show.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:47 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well now I do I watched 2 episodes I love it V xx

Storm Katie has been kicking London's butt all night raining hard and really strong lashing wind

Good morning Overs
Old 03-28-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Do your best

Watching episode 3 with lens you steal my sunshine playing weird lol