Notices

One Year & Over Part 36

Old 03-28-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Magsie

I was hoping for another Easter in April, drake, just for the break from work!

I've not seen man in the watchtower, Wolfie but watched a few episodes of mr robot. Loved the first episode then seemed to get lost. Got a few more to go yet though.

Hope you like the night manager, V.

Well it's nearly 3 am so I'm going to see if I can get a few more hours sleep before I start the day.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you liked TMITHT Wolf. Sounds like I need to see Mr. Robot.

Sassy, I am with you. If I became a single, I'd rather move into an adult community like you did, and FBL's mom. Or get back on the road full time RVing again.

Mags, how are you doing kiddo?

Toots,
How's the San Diego story doing? I know you have the locale help nailed.

IP,
Boy are you getting expert at improvise, adapt, and overcome. Love following your story.

Drake,
So your singing went well in the end?

V-kitten are you all right?

I am so glad I hung in there through the tough first six months of sobriety with PAWS. I am never going through that again.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

No one ran screaming from the place, so I guess we did well. I did not take any solo lines because they were just too much and I did not have the time to dig that deep into it. If that had been the case, there would have been screaming.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Yes Itchy love, I'm alright.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Yes Itchy, life has been a bit of a ride that last little bit! But I am definitely trying to roll with the punches and things seem to be coming out alright. Not how I expected, but that's life! I'm pretty happy at the moment, I must say. I like where I live, living with my friends is so fun, like living with family really, and work life is keeping me on my toes. And, finding time to reflect on everything is really good. ...and did I mention that I love my new laptop? I'm so happy with it.
Btw I looked up Lagniappe, Itch, and you're so right, that's exactly what this is.
I sort of feel like I'm moving into a whole new stage of my life. I just feel more organized, in control. The feeling of everything falling apart seems to have gone away. Interesting!! I think I'm enjoying being "home". Maybe I never really allowed myself the luxury of that feeling before, I always felt unsettled like I needed to move on. Anyway! I turned in my Work Plan for the new writing gig, and she said it was good, what she was expecting. So hurdle one out of the way!
I'm off to watch a bit of Netflix and hit the sack. Take care Overs!
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Congrats on the la-la-la's Drake!
Old 03-29-2016, 02:30 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs

Mr robot is a excellent show twists & turns at every step love it

TMITHC was & is a excellent show the finale was astonishing I was on the edge of my seat

Watching the finale again as mrs sw fell asleep & she wants to see it

Spk soon guys
Old 03-29-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I was only half-kidding when I told my Mom that I'd like to move into a place like hers right now! Seriously, it's a beautiful facility and the folks that work there all seem very nice. It just opened last year and everything is state of the art. Her old home was nice, but small and a bit depressing overall.

Getting back in the work groove today. I'm juggling several different projects right now, but it still beats workin'

Have a Terrific/Tolerable Tuesday, overs!
Old 03-29-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Overs,

Not much to report, really. I was at a rather interesting AA mtg last night where we each took a different AA saying and discussed how it helped to shape our recovery. I chose "easy does it". Slowing my life down was a big start in eliminating the chaos that was so ever-present in my active addiction.

Also, I have made this mtg my new Home Group in Florida. So happy that a service opportunity popped up to make the coffee and open the doors for April.

In other news, I am taking an Orange theory class tonight. I am a big Less Mills body pump fan, but, a challenge at an Easter brunch has me taking a class tonight. My limited reading about this new craze has me kinda excited...?

Well, looks like it's off to start Tuesday. That also means my now steady 12 noon tee time at Tarpon Woods...woohoo.

Hope it is a good one. This sober thing rocks!

Carlos
Old 03-29-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs (or whenever it is wherever you are).

IP and Carlos, you both sound great :-)

Drake, glad you are having a break and congrats on the weight loss.

FBL, glad you found a good place for your mom.

I'm excited about some big internal changes in my life that are starting. Due to early childhood trauma, I've had all kinds of problems both physical and psychological. I've had loads of treatment so it has been tolerable but I felt very encumbered. I'm seeing a hypnotherapist for a few sessions to re-teach me self-hypnosis so I can manage my life better without all of the medical intervention. I very successfully used self-hypnosis many years ago for pain control, sleep and such but have been blocking it for the last 25 to 30 years. Yesterday was my first session (which ended up going for 2 1/2 hours) and already I feel empowered! I'm feeling very hopeful. This should also help me manage cravings if they were to become a problem.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs my internet connection has been lost I spoke to my ISP and they said it can be anything from 24h to five days so if I'm not online this will be why I'm currently using my backup internet but it wont last long

As soon as it's up & running again il be bk online
Old 03-29-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

love the avi sobe!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Just checking in! Keeping busy with work and AA stuff - good ways to help keep me sober
Old 03-29-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Rusty
Old 03-29-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Do your best

Internet still on the blink not sure how much back up data I have but I'm ok were watching Zoolander 2 and it's funny we also got pizza hut and it was yummy

Weather is awful but least were in london
Old 03-29-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Do your best

Zoolander 2 is outrageous so funny I'm having an early night

Goodnight Overs
Old 03-29-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Sass ~ that sounds amazing. How empowering!

I'm very sad; I just can't handle all of this death. Which is a ridiculous thing to say, I know. But today is too much...my childhood hero is gone.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I'm very sad; I just can't handle all of this death. Which is a ridiculous thing to say, I know. But today is too much...my childhood hero is gone.
(((V))), it's not ridiculous at all. For all of us a death is a reminder of our own mortality and many of us have a hard time thinking about that.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thank you Sass...but it's more the amount of loss I have had in the past few years.
Specifically both of my parents and my auntie. Everything reminds me of either my mum or dad right now.

Just feeling really emotional.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Apologies for this unsolicited advice, but maybe some counselling could help V?

It's normal to be sad when faced with repeated loss but I think it could easily become unhealthy if we don't address it?

D