Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 7

Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Stars - don't feel silly, feel proud. Good luck with the meetings!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

11 stars, glad you had a safe flight. never silly to talk it out with people you can trust. I hope that is what we are here. Have a good week of meetings.

Erratic, hang in there. Try to think more positively. You sound so down. Do you have any support at all, in real life? Anyone ot talk to, meetings?

We are snowed in, and it is still snowing. At least 2 feet and growing. We have power, and we have heat, and food to cook. Going ot go look for some recipe for the pork tenderloin I have in the fridge.

Maybe I will enjoy a hobby. I do a few crafty things. Or bake something for or with the kids. I guess that would be nicer than going off to do my hobbies alone.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I've got to post this quote again.

"I once heard a sober alcoholic say that drinking never made him happy, but it made him feel like he was going to be happy in about fifteen minutes. That was exactly it, and I couldn’t understand why the happiness never came, couldn’t see the flaw in my thinking, couldn’t see that alcohol kept me trapped in a world of illusion, procrastination, paralysis. I lived always in the future, never in the present. Next time, next time! Next time I drank it would be different, next time it would make me feel good again. And all my efforts were doomed, because already drinking hadn’t made me feel good in years." Heather King, Parched
Old 01-27-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Parched is a fabulous book well worth reading, good call Applecat X
Old 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Erratic how ya doing tonight?

My kids are younger than some of yours but I've done my share of reading some of the books written by parents, moms especially, who have gone through recovery. Those, and other recovery-related accounts, have been very helpful to me. I just wanted to put that out there. I know we are supposed to need to "do this" for ourselves....but dang it - my precious babies are a big, big motivator for me. I worry about myself, I worry about me being around and healthy later on, and then I worry probably even more about them growing to be addicts themselves. The best thing I can do right now is take care of me, and let them see healthier lifestyle choices in the process.

Magellan hope you are doing ok as well!

Hugs class.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks apple xx hugs back at ya

I was working last night and then I came home and had cup of tea then went to bed to read for while.

I'm up early this morn, the dogs have been out, taken my tablets and prob head back to bed to read once more. I have work this evening again so same old routine. On my mood that can go either way nothing I can do about it.

Hope u all are doing ok?

Here also thinking about u mag!
Take care all will see u later on x
Old 01-28-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good morning class! We need some check-ins today!

What's something you are doing for YOURSELF today?

My hubby is out of town for the night so I am making a yummy dinner for just me and the kids guilt free, and I plan on a bubble bath and a book and then Netflix after they're asleep!!

Day 60 for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (36.6 KB, 44 views)
Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

hi AK is evening now in Asia. Made an effort to be home early, read a few books with my son, ran around the house for an hour or so playing soldiers (he is 3), having dinner in a minute and then netflix for an hour before bed*. Another dry day with no cravings which is cool. Have a good dry day everyone.

*probably end of watching it for half the night
Old 01-28-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Applekat, that's a lovely graphic - I like it a lot! Today after a long day of work and meetings, I am planning to have a nice dinner and sit for an hour reading a novel. I never get as much time to read as I'd like and Wednesday is my night to indulge in it.

Phoebe, good luck with all that snow! We ended up dodging the storm down here in the DC area.

Erratic/Magellan, keeping you both in my thoughts today.

Day 80 today!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Morning peeps. Checking in as per Applekats request . At the eye doctor with my 14, almost 15 year old son at the moment. Counseling with the man at noon... . Hoping to see my oldest daughter sometime in between . Day 94 for me, feeling good sobriety wise! Woohoo on the 60's & 80's! Glad to see you Erratic. Be kind to yourself.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Present! Day 73 draws to a close for me. Work is insane. First time I sat down was at 11.30am on the bus with a group of our students going to the theatre. Rather adventurous production of Macbeth - not sure my students will be converted to Shakespeare by it. Shame. Have spent the entire evening till now (10.15pm) preparing for a tutorial tomorrow evening and marking students' work for tomorrow at college. I do remember a time when I was doing an admin job amongst academics wishing I could be the one who had such an absorbing, demanding-of-my-qualifications job that I had to take work home and actually think about English and talk about it for a living. Be. Careful. What. You. Wish. For!!!!

Moan, moan, moan. I certainly sound like a teacher, don't I! Still, I'm a teacher who doesn't drink, buy or even think much about wine any more. Yay!

nil desperandum class.

Px
Old 01-28-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Hi Class,

I quit on November 28, 2014, the day after Thanksgiving (bet you can figure that one out) but I just discovered this website last week, so I hope it's cool I'm posting here. That makes it my 2 month anniversary and I'm really glad to be here!

I'm feeling physically and mentally stronger these days and am keeping busy with work and family. My one lingering problem is a tendency to procrastinate, but I'm not sure I can blame that on the booze. I think I need to limit my being on this site to after work hours only!

Hope you are all well.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Welcome Fluffer! You most certainly can post here! Congratulations on 2 months! That is awesome.

Checking in here. Day 2 of snow days. Kids go back tomorrow. I feel grumpy tonight! Wet snow clothes everywhere, kids eating all over the house, not picking up, blah, blah! Happy to have them, and the spouse back to school and work tomorrow!

Came here to complain, because well, it is better than grabbing a beer, right?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Yes! Better than beer!!!

Welcome fluffed .

It's okay to moan pixie lol.

I want to complain about what my man said at counseling but will instead focus on having spent good time with my daughter and that she spent some quality time with her brother. And new Uggs I bought myself as a present to my foot . Just took a yoga class... Not my regular self yet but working towards it.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hi Fluffer, welcome to the class
Old 01-28-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Welcome Fluffer! I'm 11/30. Day 60 today! Well done on your two months!!

Thanks class for several check-ins today!!

My bubble bath and book just got interrupted by my daughter complaining of an earache. So now my Netflix is also hijacked while I wait for some meds to kick in and take her back to bed. Oy vey. Better sober than not!!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Fluffer

D
Old 01-28-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome.

I don't know about the rest of the US, but there's a really nasty flu going around California right now, including in my kids' schools. Here's hoping we all dodge that bullet!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post

My kids are younger than some of yours but I've done my share of reading some of the books written by parents, moms especially, who have gone through recovery. Those, and other recovery-related accounts, have been very helpful to me. I just wanted to put that out there. I know we are supposed to need to "do this" for ourselves....but dang it - my precious babies are a big, big motivator for me. I worry about myself, I worry about me being around and healthy later on, and then I worry probably even more about them growing to be addicts themselves. The best thing I can do right now is take care of me, and let them see healthier lifestyle choices in the process.
I hear that, Apple. I'm pretty worried my kids will have a genetic predisposition given our personal and family histories. I was pretty much a mess from day one when I started drinking so I know it was largely genetic. But thank goodness my kids have never seen us wasted and we have stopped now before they are old enough to pick up on the fact that papa has had 7-8 beers at the BBQ or poolside. I don't want them growing up thinking that's normal and I definitely don't want them to have to go through some of the stuff that I did.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Welcome fluffer!

Going to wake up to day 90