# 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had complete faith Gyps

D
Old 01-15-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
not a greeter

back Dee.

Thank you for sharing soberella. It helps!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back Soberella

D
Old 01-16-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 8. Still having bad feelings nvm though

Good on you gypsy hang in there xxx

Hugs for all xx
Old 01-16-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I think our November class has got the January blues! This time of year can be pretty depressing for a lot of people in the Northern Hemisphere, short daylight hours plays havoc on people's moods and resilience. We want the summer!!!
Day 76 now and day 16 No smokes, av still chattering away but I'm aware of what it's up to. I've managed a few 90 days and one over 100 days runs and its definitely a trigger point for me there so I'm being super aware this time.
Gypsy so glad you didn't drink, sounds like you are having a really yeuky time just now
Applecat how is the little peanut getting on?
Any news on MM's baby?
Peace X
Old 01-16-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Peace - I think you're right about this time of year. It's supposed to be cold and rainy all weekend here, which makes me feel very blah.

Gypsy -- the "side eye" from Dee cracked me up. I'm sure you know that the November class is looking out for you and want the very best for your life.

Hang in, guys, and have a great sober day!!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 55: I am feeling great about the changes I have made. My anxiety is very much reduced. I actually have a date tonight, but I am thinking about canceling because I am still trying to get over my social anxiety. I have always pre-gamed before a date to loosen up. I am thinking about canceling even though this person knows I don't drink. I am just not sure if I am ready, but I want to get out and meet new people. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Dee I love the Irish Proverb - I have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend and that is good. I think the long sleep will do me good, of course the kids might not cooperate
Peace I think you are right with the January blues, cold and rainy isnt good, maybe a little snow would glitz things up a bit :
Gypsy so glad you made it to day 82, made me smile at all the posts!! Especially Dee's "look".
Stay strong and stay sober!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Guys. Having a good week. Have exercised a few times, stayed sober, and made it through some tough urges the past 2 nights.

Gypsy, sorry for the turmoil in your relationship. I am glad you did not drink, and have added another day! No real advice as I have communication struggles in my own relationship. It can be a huge trigger. I am trying to work on me, and well, we shall see if he works on him.

angd1978, not sure how to advise you on the date. if you feel like you don't want to go, then don't, is about all I have to say. Do you think it will compromise your sobriety? If so, maybe stay home.

Busy night ans weekend. Sports for kids, and a birthday party for my son tomorrow evening.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
not a greeter

is my favorite smilie peeps...Dee knows me well, so knows when to use it lol!

Not having a good morning so far. I mean, I thought perhaps we had begun healing and making up but he says such stupid **** that make me question our whole relationship. Yes, I know I need to work on me and be happy with myself and for the most part I am and I said as much yesterday at counseling. He takes that to mean that I don't have work to do on myself. That is the furthest thing from the intention of what I said! He keeps spiraling in other topics too and not sticking with just one. These are just general examples...

<sigh>

Just taught a pretty good class IMO. It's good when people are sweating & groaning lol.

Waiting to meet my daughter for lunch. She mentioned Thai . But still not decided.

Day 82. No if ands or buts...
Old 01-16-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee & Gypsy! It's good to be back.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend peeps

D
Old 01-16-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Checking in, still sober, end of Day 17.

Gypsy, are you leading the class at 82 days? Very impressive given everything you are going through. I hope that you and your partner are able to resolve things soon. I know the first three years of my marriage were the hardest in terms of learning to live together.

I'm still reasonably happy and productive right now.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 9 for me

Hope everyone had a good sober weekend xxx
Old 01-17-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by angd1978 View Post
Day 55: I am feeling great about the changes I have made. My anxiety is very much reduced. I actually have a date tonight, but I am thinking about canceling because I am still trying to get over my social anxiety. I have always pre-gamed before a date to loosen up. I am thinking about canceling even though this person knows I don't drink. I am just not sure if I am ready, but I want to get out and meet new people. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Hi, did you decide to go, I hope it went well.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I think the November class has gone quiet, Gypsy I think you must be leading the class at 82 days, I know UBN isn't far behind and Applekat and Angd1978 iare right there as well. I'll never catchup but I can tell you the delta will not increase
Happy Sober Saturday everyone! It is really cold in southern Virginia and I'm looking forward to just working out and helping my daughter with her civil war project for school
Marathonman any news ?
Old 01-17-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Day 9 for me

Hope everyone had a good sober weekend xxx
Great job!! You can do this
Have a great day.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Magellan, I usually just follow along and see how everyone is progressing in our sobriety. I am over two months and looking forward to getting to my 90 days in early February.

To me, the great part of this thread, is that it keeps such a nice group of people together who are all going through similar stages at similar times. I enjoy reading about other people's lives and hearing their triumphs and how they over come their struggles.

I haven't been a great poster here, but be sure, this is an important part of my recover at SR.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

80 for me today, right behind you, gyps. The sun is out today and the temp above freezing. Happy day!
Old 01-17-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
not a greeter

83 days sober today. I find comfort in the number lol. When I was thinking of drinking something the other day it was with your support and my stubborn refusal to sacrifice that rising number! * I may be slightly competitive .

Just went to a yoga class at a small local studio I've never been to. It was a nice class, and since I'm not from down here and no one knows I'm an instructor I was able to practice incognito. For me. I did one jump back without thinking... Boy was that a mistake! No jumping with a sore foot duh! The rest of the practice I was more mindful. The instructor said my partner & I had lovely practices. And that I was floaty. I didn't feel floaty but, very nice to hear. I decided to splurge for their 30 day special to get back into a routine before I have to start teaching again.

Not really getting along well but shopping & yoga is a start.

Congrats to everyone for hanging in no matter what day it is!