Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 7

Old 02-03-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Yay for 100 days, Gypsy -- that's awesome! Glad you're feeling better, too.

It's been said before but I want to repeat - thanks to you Applekat, for rounding us all up and keeping us surrounded by positive messages!! Truly.

Ang -- you can do it, hon. Don't let the idiots of the world determine your future.

Magellan - are you around? Check in when you can.

Groundhogday -- that stinks, you missed your big day!

Hi to all. Stop by when you get a chance.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Checking in. Had a sober Superbowl party experience and it was just fine, and actually fun! I got myself a glass of water and enjoyed the food and the game, and had some nice conversation. Hubby overdid it a bit, IMO, but he knew he had a DD that night. And, really, for an event like that, once in awhile, I am ok with i'm having fun with the boys. What bugs me is his habitual drinking in the house when i want to be sober. But, anyway, it was a good night.

We have had another big storm with over a foot of new snow down and a snow day yesterday. So, been busy with kids at home. The actually also had a delayed start today, but are at school, now. House is a mess, from boots, snow, snow clothes, everyone being home and shut in so much the last two weeks!

But, feeling good. My new mini goal, other than a month sober, is a month sober, lol. As in, a whole calendar month, no slips. So, here's hoping I can do February 100% sober. Maybe I do not belong here, but it is easier to be accountable to people we have gotten to know.

Congrats on 100 days Gypsy! Glad you are finally able to get back to teaching and the foot is coming along.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Phoebe u belong here and great stuff in a month. More than me since I started last nov. I did 2 months but finding it hard to gather myself. I do hope u stay here as I'm sure u started in nov and. We all are going through same thing xx

How ever I feel I still look for how I all are getting on 100 days for gyps is great and also everyone carrying on from nov xx
Old 02-03-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thank you peeps . 100 days sounds great right? In reality though, it's just like any other day with no alcohol. Pretty awesome .

Taught 2 classes today so far, 1 more coming up at 6pm. Good that I'm starting back slow lol. This is a vinyasa so more vigorous. A bit worried about how to kill them without killing me lol.

You belong here Phoebe! As everyone that started in November does. Just keep plugging away and we'll all get there together. Slips are not wasted days as Ubu said! Dee said the same thing when I came back after a year and a half lamenting that my partner said that time didn't count. It does! It really does.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Congrats on 100 days Gypsy!

I have a challenging day ahead of me tomorrow, but I also feel confident I can meet the challenge sober. Will be sure to check in afterwards, hopefully just to say everything went okay, but possibly I will need to vent.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Wow gypsy, congratulations on 100 days! That is so amazing...well done.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Gyps

D
Old 02-03-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workforit View Post
Yay for 100 days, Gypsy -- that's awesome! Glad you're feeling better, too.

It's been said before but I want to repeat - thanks to you Applekat, for rounding us all up and keeping us surrounded by positive messages!! Truly.

Ang -- you can do it, hon. Don't let the idiots of the world determine your future.

Magellan - are you around? Check in when you can.

Groundhogday -- that stinks, you missed your big day!

Hi to all. Stop by when you get a chance.
Checking in, not at my best...all around, just getting beat up, I am drinking but still logging some days, frustrated.
UBN..small infraction, you are strong and I'm sure a 1 day stumble will not hurt your resolve, I'm betting on it because you are an inspiration...stay strong
Applekat...I know peanut will be fine, I prayed and asked God to keep you and peanut under his protective wing, he always has come through
Gypsy...100 days, CONGRATULATIONS. maybe I'll get there.
ANG, ((hugs)) you haven't let anyone down, I have a family of stress people
Please hang in there.
MarathonMan, glad baby Jake and you doing well... As strange as is sounds, I miss those early days give it 10 years and you will understand. I've got a 1/2 marathon on 3/22, hope it goes okay...hip stuff. I've been delinquent, just trying to figure some stuff out, not easy
Take care all..
Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mag,

Don't feel as if drinking disqualifies you from support here...SR is for people struggling.

If we were only for those people successfully sober we'd be a black slappers club and I couldn't be here.

Put the booze down and get your game face on - let's do this!

D
Old 02-03-2015, 11:56 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Good to see U Mag hun xx

Getting sick of saying I slipped up well I did yet again last night.

So back to the drawing board!

I will persevere!
I will persevere!
I will I will I will

Right got that off my chest

Today's power thought is?
I open my consciousness to the expansion of life. There is plenty of space for me to grow and change.

Right will see u all later have a good day xx
Old 02-04-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Magellan - glad to hear from you, I was worried. Keep going, you can do it!

Erratic -- yes, you will persevere!

Groundhogday -- I want to hear the rant, bring it on!!

Jo - how're you doing?

Well, the sun is shining today, the days are getting longer, which keeps me hopeful that spring is coming eventually. Everybody, please treat yourself well today. Hugs!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Phoebe - Selfishly I will also say - you belong here!! Stick with us. Always do what is working best for you. I have faith you can do February sober! We'll tackle March next.

Erratic - I'm glad you're back posting right away. Maybe contemplate what one more thing is that you could do for your sobriety? Perhaps just removing all alcohol in the house at least for weekdays, baby steps? I'm just thinking out loud. Is the alcohol in house or are you picking it up? I can't recall off the top of my head.

GHD - I look forward to hearing good news of your day from you, or a vent, or both! Whatever you need!

Gypsy - That's a great attitude to share - 'just another day with no alcohol.' It speaks highly of where you're at with respect to your relationship with alcohol! Stay vigilant always, but a major 'hats off' to you!!

Magellan - GREAT TO SEE YOU!!! Thanks for the prayers! Mag - know that you can always post here on the hard days, too. We worry about ya, friend. How are the kiddos? Mine are just going stir crazy with only being able to get out for short times in the cold and snow. They're taking it out on eachother! LOL.

Workforit - thanks for reminding me that spring WILL come. I don't mind the snow and the winter, but I notice how much better my kids sleep and behave when we have constant access to playgrounds and bike riding and running, without the drag of boots and snowsuits.

Hi to Jo, Peace, 11stars, ubn, Bernie, Ang, Soberella, Fluffer, Jsb, MM, TEC. Hope you're well this morning!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

As for me...I have my ultrasound tomorrow morning. I'll be honest, with the complications I've had, I'm totally over thinking this already - but if something is wrong, AV is jumping all over that. And I'm not certain I would check in here first. I am trying to not prepare for the worst, because that is very stressful....but at the same time, I know how I am, know my demons way deep down, and that would be a great "reason" to drink.

Now I'm just going to shift to being optimistic, now that I've put that out there. There WILL be a little peanut in there, and much better reason to say I'll probably make it through the rest of the time!

None of this means that cravings don't begin to exist, it's just that it's a non-issue, a non-question, for now. But I keep posting, and stay here, because I know how tough life can get with a newborn, and I also have the two other spirited little ones! So I have to stick around and be realistic that the temptation will return. In the grand scheme of things, 9 (10) months is not that long. Before I know it, the fight will return, and that's why I hope to stay vigilant, aware, and educated all along. I am still reading my favorite recovery related books, still reading SR. And I so appreciate y'all allowing me to be here even if for this moment, this is "easier" for me. Hope my rambling makes some sense, ha!!

“When you quit drinking you stop waiting.”
― Caroline Knapp, Drinking: A Love Story
Old 02-04-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I hope you have a great ultrasound, Applekat. I will think positive thoughts for you.

So far so good for a sober February. Struggled a bit last night, but had a snack, and resisted. I had been craving while on the way home from somewhere. it was too late to get anything, and that was a good thing. But came in and hubby was having a few beers and I could smell it. Came close to grabbing one, but had a snack.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workforit View Post
Groundhogday -- I want to hear the rant, bring it on!!
LOL, this will be a little bit of a disappointment compared to what it could have been, but here goes :P

My sister requested my help in cleaning and organizing her house. She has a host of mental disorders--including depression, ADD, and alcoholism--that manifests itself in hoarding and other "paralyzing" behaviors.

I helped her last October and got really, really drunk afterwards. It is really mentally distressing for me to witness her long, slow slide into a hellish existence. Although mentally prepared this time around, you can see why I was concerned about maintaining my sobriety while taking on this challenge today.

Well, she called and cancelled this morning. This isn't terribly surprising since I know it makes her anxious to try to do something about the squalor she lives in.

The thing is, everything makes her anxious and she has a habit of repeatedly cancelling and rescheduling appointments, social engagements, etc. She tried to reschedule our joint cleaning session. I said no. It took a lot for me to clear my schedule and mentally gear up for this today, and I am not going to subject myself to repeated cancellations and reschedulings.

Also, I have given some thought to the fact that by helping her, I am probably just being an enabler. The point last October was to get her started, but I suspect that she hasn't done anything since the last time I was there.

What is particularly frustrating is that she has the best medical and mental health care that money can buy available to her, but she absolutely refuses to follow her doctors' advice or even take her pills regularly. Her husband even paid an organizer that specializes in dealing with hoarders thousands of dollars to try to help her. She resists any and all help. Until she finds the will within herself, nothing will change. My greatest fear is that her husband will divorce her and she will end up homeless. I need to accept the fact that if that happens, it is her own doing and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

I am at the point where I will occasionally talk to her for brief periods of time on the phone, but otherwise, I think I need to go no contact with her. She is toxic to my mental health.

The good news is that I was able to regroup pretty quickly this morning, so my day is not ruined. I am writing my first novel, and making good progress today. I just had to meditate for a few minutes, recite my gratitude list, and think positively. It's a beautiful day and I am in my beautiful home with my two loving cats. My husband is working late tonight, but I've made social non-drinking plans for this evening. Yay, go me!

for listening.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
As for me...I have my ultrasound tomorrow morning. I'll be honest, with the complications I've had, I'm totally over thinking this already - but if something is wrong, AV is jumping all over that. And I'm not certain I would check in here first. I am trying to not prepare for the worst, because that is very stressful....but at the same time, I know how I am, know my demons way deep down, and that would be a great "reason" to drink.

Now I'm just going to shift to being optimistic, now that I've put that out there. There WILL be a little peanut in there, and much better reason to say I'll probably make it through the rest of the time!

None of this means that cravings don't begin to exist, it's just that it's a non-issue, a non-question, for now. But I keep posting, and stay here, because I know how tough life can get with a newborn, and I also have the two other spirited little ones! So I have to stick around and be realistic that the temptation will return. In the grand scheme of things, 9 (10) months is not that long. Before I know it, the fight will return, and that's why I hope to stay vigilant, aware, and educated all along. I am still reading my favorite recovery related books, still reading SR. And I so appreciate y'all allowing me to be here even if for this moment, this is "easier" for me. Hope my rambling makes some sense, ha!!

“When you quit drinking you stop waiting.”
― Caroline Knapp, Drinking: A Love Story
I totally understand what you are saying....and you said it well.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Will think of u tomo Apple good luck and hope everything will be fine with u and peanut xx

Oh god GHD ur sister sounds like me except I'm not a total hoarder I just like reading and keep all my books lol I have a number of boxes in my cellar and books in house weird thing it's not just books I like is stationary as well but I hardly collect them. I'm also the same as not keeping my appointments which I do know causes probs. nvm u don't need me rambling on how I'm like ur sis. Do understand where ur coming from and do what's best for u hun xxx

Apple I go and buy drink I don't store drink in the house as it wouldn't last. Guess I need to go shopping early before drink is allowed to be sold.

Phoebe good job on not drinking hun I'm with u guess I need to snack more as well as it does help

Hugs to all xx
Old 02-04-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

GHD, that sounds very trying. We have hoarding issues in our house, hubby and kids! I have sort of fallen into it too, out of apathy. We have so much to purge. I get overwhelmed. But I do really need to go through the kids' things with them, and teach them to purge things. I could do it for everyone, but hubby will get mad, and kids too, plus the kids never learn.

When I met my husband, he lived in a old house and had stories for all the junk there. Roommates leaving things behind, old home owner as well. But, really, I now see he has a very hard time throwing things away. Also, nowadays, it *is* hard, or expensive, to throw many things away. You cannot just put a couch to the curb where I live.

It is frustrating. I think it is great you set a firm limit with your sister today!
Old 02-04-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I understand that a lot of us have a lot of stuff, but what my sister is doing is different. We are talking filth here, particularly dog hair, dust, and old newspapers. Dirty plates left upstairs, mouse droppings.

And yet, she goes shopping all the time and brings yet more stuff into the house that gets ruined by the filth and broken by the chaotic disorganization.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Applecat sending you and peanut love and positive thoughts from over the water, hope everything goes well tomorrow X