Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 32

Old 09-19-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Congrats Brooksie and PBC!! Brilliant stuff. So pleased for you both
Old 09-19-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Soooo there was a small referendum here this week I did not get the result I wanted and am actually more disappointed about it than I thought. However, 97% of the electorate registered to vote and 85% turned out so that can be no bad thing. I've become a lot more politically aware in the past few weeks and hope to keep that up going forward.

Where I did get the result I wanted was with my employer. They agreed to pay my 3 month notice period but immediately end my contract. This gives me a cushion of some money to live on whilst being free (hopefully with Dr's go ahead at beginning of October) to look at my options for work.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Friday Edition~~
~~Get Your Mind Right~~

Welcome to the day that you overcome your obstacles! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to moving forward! You can either make progress or make excuses – You CAN’T do both!

There will ALWAYS be a million reasons to quit! There will ALWAYS be tests thrown at you while on your journey to greatness! There will ALWAYS be obstacles that seem to stand in your way! But, those who really want something make it happen, and those who don’t make excuses! It is imperative that going forward, you remove every ounce of reason as to why you don’t have what you want in life! Stop excusing yourself!

Staying focused at the task at hand and moving in the right direction is the best way to make progress! The only thing that can stop you from reaching your dreams is the thought process that is stopping you from doing what you have to do! Change your thoughts, and don’t stop chasing that dream until you get it!! Impossible is what they call it when they can’t find the answer! Genius is what they call you once you do!! Keep Striving! It’s Always Too Early to Quit!!

~Healthy Snacks~~

“The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.”-Franklin D. Roosevelt

“You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.”-Shirley Hufsteddler

“The word “impossible” is only in the mind and not in the heart. If we can remain in the heart, there will be no end to our progress.”-Sri Chinmoy

“The purpose of fear is to raise your awareness not to stop your progress.”-Steve Maraboli

“Progress always involves risk; you can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.”-F.W. Dupee

“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.”-Denis Waitley

“We must begin where we are and move forward immediately by starting small and capitalizing on what’s at hand.”-Mike Schmoker

“If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”-Barack Obama
Old 09-19-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

PeanutButterCup !
Wowsers !!
Super congrats on a brilliant milestone !!!
All my thanks and gratitude for your strong and enduring support !!!
You are truly worthy of all the accolades in achieving ONE year !!!
Keep marching forward !!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats PBC

How are you doing BLK?

D
Thanks for the inquiry Dee, I doing very well. As I stated previously, I know where I made my mistake and went back and checked the triggers and environments that contributed to it and made the changes. Just went back to what I was doing that gave me the results I had before. Looks at some old posts here as well and was encouraged by all the progress that has take place with the class here. This is truly a oasis in the desert and I thank God for you all and the SR platform. I'm back on track and I'm truly proud of "all" the classmates who have reached 1 year milestones.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

~~congratulations pbc...great accomplishment~~
Old 09-20-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Congratulations Brooksie and PBC ~ what an achievement! Very proud to be able to watch you do that this past year. In fact, very proud to watch all of you grow this past year. There's been many one year anniversaries and that's so wonderful!!

Nightswimming, I was watching the news last night hearing about the results and wondered how you felt. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you had hoped. That is an amazing voter turnout. I really need to visit your country - it seems so wonderful.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought - Superb Sunday Edition~~
~~Make The Decision ~ It's Time!!!~~

~Note~ I came across this early this morning and it resonated with me greatly as I am in the process of moving into new chapters of my life and those chapters are requiring major decision making processes. I'm sure we all go through times we know we have to make tough decisions that will impact our future for the better and because of uncertainty or fears we put them off. Well its time to take a deep breath, get still, be courageous and MAKE THE DECISIONS!!!!ITS TIME!!!

~~The Mental Meal~~

It’s time. It’s time for you to make a tough decision. Take a deep breath. Get still. Visualize the worst case scenario. After doing that, see yourself having made the decision, stepping into your personal power, becoming more courageous and stronger. It’s time! Your mental well being, health and happiness are dependent upon you making this decision. If you don’t do it now, you will look at yourself one day and say “Why did I waste so much valuable time?” If you don’t do it now, you will regret it, and this situation will continue to take a toll on you mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically!

It’s been said that people delay making tough decisions ~ not because they don’t know what to do. They don’t make the tough decisions because they know what to do, but lack the courage and will to deal with the emotional consequences. You can do this!! See it done. You are now operating from a higher place of integrity and personal power and going to the next level in your life. You have something special. You have GREATNESS within you
Old 09-21-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Nightswimming, it was a close vote though wasn't it? Catalunya is next up and later will be my province of all places . Interesting times to be sober
Old 09-22-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congratulations PBC!!!

Nightswimming, so glad you got the results you were seeking with the work situation. I hope this gives you some emotional closure as well, and you can move onto a healthier work environment.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Rochele, it's really good to have it dealt with and to move on. Doing the last few admin tasks (returning laptop etc) and then I can hopefully get some closure. Didn't realise how tiring it had been holding the emotions involved with all this so trying to relax for a couple of weeks before starting the job hunt.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Work, it was a close vote but not maybe as close as was predicted a few days before. Will be keeping an eye on these upcoming votes in different places but interesting times all round politically!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Thank GOD It's Monday Edition~~
~~Let Your Light Shine~~

Welcome to the start of the best week of your life! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to letting your light shine!

There is a big difference between being arrogant, conceited, self-centered or Confident. Arrogance and conceit are about using what you have to put others down. Being self-centered is about caring only about you and not using your gifts to bring others up…. Confidence on the other hand is about taking pride in who you are and what you’ve accomplished. It’s about the willingness to help others benefit from your experiences because you are confident in your abilities and don’t worry about competition.

In fact a confident person knows that the only true competitor that exist is the one within. To that end we need to stop making excuses as to why we are not maximizing our full potential! No matter how hard you try you will never be able to please everyone! There are going to be many people who do not like you because your confidence scares them and the fact that you won’t except just anything in life intimidates them and shakes up their reality…. Oh…. Well!!!!!

You are put here to be the best that you can possibly be and those who belittle your ambition do not deserve to be part of your circle! Only a Knife can sharpen a Knife so make sure you are surrounding yourself with people who will take you higher! LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!! DON’T DECREASE YOUR VALUE TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE FEEL COMFORTABLE! YOU WERE BORN TO BE GREAT!! TAKE OFF THAT MEDIOCRE SUIT AND GET INTO YOUR GREATNESS!!

~~Healthy Snacks~~
“A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.”-Larry Bird

“The greatest thing a man can do in this world is to make the most possible out of the stuff that has been given him. This is success, and there is no other.”-Orison Swett Marden

“Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the greatness within us.”-Maryanne Williamson

“If you done it, it ain’t bragging.” -Walt Whitman “As we let our light shine, we consciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others.”-Nelson Mandela

“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”-Brandi Snyder

“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don’t worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”-Unknown

***Bonus*** “If they don’t see your worth, leave ‘em behind! A diamond doesn’t need approval from a Cubic Zirconia to shine!”-Unknown
Old 09-23-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Thinking Tuesday Edition~~
~~Time 2 Get It Started~~

Welcome to a New day and a new opportunity to get it right! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated getting “it” started!

I don’t care where you’re from, what you’ve been through or where you are right now!! We all have dreams, aspirations and things we need to make happen! Let’s get started! You can sit and and make all the excuses you want but you will NEVER get what you deserve by sitting on the sidelines! Life is a game that has to be played! It is impossible to win if you never suit up! Failing isn’t failing until you throw in the towel!! It’s always to early to quit but never to late to get started!

START RIGHT NOW, RIGHT WHERE YOU STAND!!! Make it do what it does and don’t except no as an answer!! Take control of your dreams! Take it by neck, put it in the headlock and don’t EVER let go until you get what you came for!! THE WORLD AND ALL OF ITS ABUNDANCE IS ABSOLUTELY YOURS!!! #NothingCanStopYouButYOU!!

~~Healthy Snacks~~
“If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”-Lao Tzu

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”-Unknown

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”-T.S. Eliot

“You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.”-Paulo Coelho

“You will never win if you never begin.”-Helen Rowland

“The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.”-Ben Stein

“The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings.”-David Weinbau

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

#Time2GetItStarted
Old 09-24-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ You Add The Tropicana~~
~~Let Your Past Be A Teacher~~

“I will not hold the past against myself.”

Your problems, your weaknesses, setbacks, regrets and mistakes teach you if you’re willing to learn, or they will punish you if you’re not. So let them teach you, every day. Take everything as a lesson learned. If you regret some of the decisions you have made in the past, stop being so hard on yourself. At that time, you did your best with the knowledge you had. At that time, you did your best with the experience you had. Your decisions were made with a younger mind. If you were to make these decisions with the wisdom you have today, you would choose differently. So give yourself a break. Time and experience has a wonderful way of helping us grow and learn to make better choices today, for ourselves and those we care for.
‪#‎LetThePastTeachU‬

~Note~ Its a little quite in here lately, so I hope everyone is doing well, productive and working on their passions in life. #livepassionately
Old 09-25-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Your last post really resonates with me BLK. This is the essence of the problem I've always had - not being able let things go and admitting that the past can't be changed. I'm going to try and read this a few times today. Powerful stuff.

I listen to a series of Podcasts called Insights at the Edge. The presenter, Tami Simon, speaks each week to different 'thought leaders'. These people come from all different backgrounds and give their individual insight into many, diverse areas of spirituality. There was a really interesting concept during last night's episode (which I think is from Buddhism). It is about having the courage to swim 'against the flow' in order to set yourself free to be happy and content.

I think this is really interesting and is being reflected in my life at the moment. Up until now I had set a course for myself (like so many others) which I thought was the ONLY road to happiness. Attend primary school, high school, university, pass professional exams, get a good job with a good salary, buy a house, go on luxury holidays, save for a rainy day and put enough money away in a pension fund for retirement.

It took me a long time to realise there is a lot wrong with that list as it stands. Looking back I think it's no wonder I was anxious, depressed and dependent on alcohol! It was an endless list of aims with very little 'soul'. A treadmill with no 'off' button if you like...or a living 'to do' list.

These past few months have given me time to realise that there are so many other important things in life that can give TRUE happiness - friends, family, a support network, a good cup of black coffee and a book on a rainy day, speaking a sentence in German without having to think about where the verbs go, an 'in-joke' shared with a friend, looking after the happiness of others, days spent sober....the list goes on and on!

I'm not naive enough to think the first list can be ignored completely but I've come to the point where I realise it is far from the be all and end all of everything. So I guess my swimming against the stream is to step off that treadmill and, if not completely turn my back on it, at least turn to the side and start moving in a different direction.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post
Your last post really resonates with me BLK. This is the essence of the problem I've always had - not being able let things go and admitting that the past can't be changed. I'm going to try and read this a few times today. Powerful stuff.

I listen to a series of Podcasts called Insights at the Edge. The presenter, Tami Simon, speaks each week to different 'thought leaders'. These people come from all different backgrounds and give their individual insight into many, diverse areas of spirituality. There was a really interesting concept during last night's episode (which I think is from Buddhism). It is about having the courage to swim 'against the flow' in order to set yourself free to be happy and content.

I think this is really interesting and is being reflected in my life at the moment. Up until now I had set a course for myself (like so many others) which I thought was the ONLY road to happiness. Attend primary school, high school, university, pass professional exams, get a good job with a good salary, buy a house, go on luxury holidays, save for a rainy day and put enough money away in a pension fund for retirement.

It took me a long time to realise there is a lot wrong with that list as it stands. Looking back I think it's no wonder I was anxious, depressed and dependent on alcohol! It was an endless list of aims with very little 'soul'. A treadmill with no 'off' button if you like...or a living 'to do' list.

These past few months have given me time to realise that there are so many other important things in life that can give TRUE happiness - friends, family, a support network, a good cup of black coffee and a book on a rainy day, speaking a sentence in German without having to think about where the verbs go, an 'in-joke' shared with a friend, looking after the happiness of others, days spent sober....the list goes on and on!

I'm not naive enough to think the first list can be ignored completely but I've come to the point where I realise it is far from the be all and end all of everything. So I guess my swimming against the stream is to step off that treadmill and, if not completely turn my back on it, at least turn to the side and start moving in a different direction.
First, I hope my post lends some value and insight to your current journey Nightswimming. It has helped me immensely in the past couple of months when thinking of the past has tried to creep into my thinking process concerning my goals and visions for my future. Read it as many times as necessary and more importantly implement the thinking into your life when presented with things concerning your past.

Secondly, I've found also that success for all of us has a different definition, look and feel. Sometimes we all follow what society dictates to be the best way to be successful in ones life and unfortunately it may not fit into what we find to be success for us individually and at our core. Success is indeed an individual endeavor and going against the status quo may be the best thing we can do for ourselves to obtain true happiness for us individually.

I found this to be the case in reading one of my favorite books; "The Road Less Traveled" by M.Scott Peck. If you have a chance to read it please do so, it really alludes to living life on your own terms and having the courage and faith to do so. I'm also redefining my definition of success NS and its taking courage and transforming my mindsets and beliefs but it has been so worth it thus far.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ T.G.I.F. Edition~
~~Focus on YOUR Goals!!!~~

Rise, Grind, Shine and Give Thanks!! Welcome to the day that you continue to make your dreams happen! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to staying massively focused!!

Jennifer Lopez once said “You get what you give. What you put into things is what you get out of them.” If there was ever a time that was ideal for you to go hard for your dreams then that time is NOW! In order to ensure that you reach all of your goals then it is important that you are always concentrating at the task at hand!

Create a plan then take massive determined action! Don’t allow other people and other things to throw you off! Those who stay focused are those who believe in their course of action and those who understand that persistence will always overcome resistance!
No wavering! No second guessing! No worrying about the past! and No worrying about the future! Just Concentrate on what has to be done NOW! Remember: A great wall is built one brick at a time so as long as you are laying each brick as best as you can, you will soon have a great wall!!

TODAY IS THE DAY THAT YOU MAKE A DECISION ON WHETHER YOU ARE GOING TO PUMP LIFE INTO YOUR DREAMS OR LET THEM DIE!!

If you choose to go forward make today the day that you banish ALL excuses and just get to work!! #NothingCanStopYouButYOU!!!!

~Healthy Snacks~

“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”-Buddha’

“Concentrate on finding your goal, then concentrate on reaching it.”-Michael Friedsam

“If you want to be truly successful invest in yourself to get the knowledge you need to find your unique factor. When you find it and focus on it and persevere your success will blossom.”-Sidney Madwed

“No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined.”-Unknown
“The jack-of-all-trades seldom is good at any. Concentrate all of your efforts on one definite chief aim.”-Napoleon Hill

“Concentrate your energies, your thoughts and your capital…. The wise man puts all his eggs in one basket and watches the basket.”-Andrew Carnegie

***BONUS***“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more.If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”-Oprah Winfrey
Old 09-29-2014, 02:29 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

*Tumbleweed* Hope my fellow Septemberers are good. I had a relaxing weekend with the other half. Went to watch my friend's roller derby team on Saturday followed by a meal out. Walk yesterday and film from Netflix at night.

Struggling a bit with getting to sleep at the night. Feels like anxiety for no reason...kinda anxious about feeling anxious if that makes sense. It'll pass I'm sure. As long as I recognise it for what it is and get up and read a book or something I seem to be okay.

BLK, thanks so much for your reply. 'Success is indeed an individual endeavour....' This is so true and something I feel blessed to have realised. I will definitely have a look at The Road Less Traveled. I have heard of the title before so will try and get a copy for my Kindle.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Nothing exciting going on with me. Informed my boss about plans to try another job and today I revealed it officially at the staff meeting. I feel abit like a tumbleweed right now, on a roll into the unknown.