Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 32

Old 09-29-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I'm of the opinion that even the wind does the bidding of Destiny....where the tumbleweed ends up, was meant to be. This particular tumbleweed is enjoying the ride. I've seen some desert and I've seen an oasis - both have their beauty.

I do abhor giving notice at a job when I'm leaving. Stressful. Everyone so....disappointed in me. They get over it. Quickly. I hope your new job is a very exciting change for you Work!!

NS - my H has sleep problems because of anxiety. He wants to sleep, but just can't sometimes. I've encouraged him to get up and do something else. That helps...sometimes.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Thoughtful Tuesday Edition~~
~~Define Yourself~

Welcome to the day that you accept the fact that you are one of a kind! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to what defines you!

In order to confidently go towards your goals and take advantage of the many opportunities that will come your way, you must first know who you are and what you stand for? You must know what you will and will not do on your quest to be great!! Stop allowing other people to make that determination for you! Most people waste time and listen to others too much and internalize what their limitations are and allow that to define what they can and can’t do!! I am going to say this again and again!!

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!! YOU MUST WALK IN FAITH NOT BY SIGHT! JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING DOESN’T SEEM LIKELY OR PROBABLE DOESN’T MEAN IT CAN’T HAPPEN!! THE ONLY LIMIT YOU HAVE IS THE ONE YOU SET ON YOURSELF!! Effective immediately you must Define Yourself! Choose a direction and go with it! You are more powerful than you give yourself credit for! Take what you deserve!

~~Healthy Snacks~~

“We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us”-Virginia Satir

“Your mistake does not define who you are…you are your possibilities”-Oprah Winfrey

“If I didn’t define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people’s fantasies for me and eaten alive.”-Audre Lorde

“Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.”-Thomas Jefferson

“The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, learn about them, or even seriously consider them as believable or achievable.”-Denis Waitley

“If you come to fame not understanding who you are, it will define who you are.”-Oprah Winfrey

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.”-Harvey Fierstein

“Nobody’s built like you, you design yourself!!”-Jay-Z

"Someone's opinion of you does not have to become your reality!!!"- BlkDiesel
Old 09-30-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

The unknown is an exciting place to go! Always think the difficult bit is giving notice at a job but it's new information for a couple of days and then that's that Good luck with the new venture Work!

Lillian, you are a bit more supportive than my better half. His idea is to keep telling me to lie still and not move!!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Ending September on day 9. Looking forward to October!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Way to go Kirsten. Those first few days were definitely the hardest. Here's to sober October!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

For those of you that like your music I can't stop listening to The Pierces' live studio cover of Duran Duran's Ordinary World. You can find it on YouTube....definitely worth a listen!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks Lilli, Night and Diesel 😊. Welcome to this group Kirsten.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Sorry typo, I blame my iPhone
Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hello, September 2013.

I think the last time we spoke I was really unraveling. I had spurts of sobriety, and fell off the wagon many times. This time, I'm starting to recover from a bender that lasted for months. My marriage was (still is) on the rocks, and all kinds of other stuff happened which wasn't nearly as awful but it really buried me.

I joined the class of September 2014 yesterday. I'm on day 2. I hope you all are doing well. I miss this melange of personalities, and I've thought of you all often.

I hope I didn't leave hard feelings. I don't really remember how it all ended. And I'm too scared to read back...

Anyway, hope you all have a great day!

Plenny
Old 10-01-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey Plenny! It's so great to hear from you. I am really glad you are back and I hope you know you are welcome in our class. I'm sorry you've had some tough months. Do you have a plan for this time?

As for hard feelings, I have none. Well, none toward you, anyway.

Again, I am really glad to "see" you again!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:22 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Plenny!!!

I'm so glad to hear from you! No hard feelings here, just glad you are ok.

I was just looking at the "Artists in Recovery" thread and thinking about you....in a very good way.

Best of regards to you in your new journey!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post
For those of you that like your music I can't stop listening to The Pierces' live studio cover of Duran Duran's Ordinary World. You can find it on YouTube....definitely worth a listen!
Love it!! Thank you for the recommendation!

I always like the Duran Duran version too.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post
His idea is to keep telling me to lie still and not move!!
That's more about him wanting to sleep, than about helping you I'm afraid. I understand wanting to sleep.

But next time, just get up and do something relaxing and fun. You're awake anyway, right???!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Welcome back Plenny !

Great to hear from you again ! Pls do stay close and just take things one step at a time. It will get better I know !
Old 10-02-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Great to see you, Lillian and Kaneda! Feels like forever. Taking it easy over here! xoxo
Old 10-03-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello September Friends.
I want to say happy late anniversary to everyone in this group who made it to the one year anniversary great job.

Fishy
Old 10-04-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Welcome back Plenny! I sent a message to you before I saw you in this thread too so you get double welcomes!
We missed you but no hard feelings. You were having a difficult time and I hope things are better now
Old 10-04-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey Fishy,
Hope you are good!
Old 10-06-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Welcome back Plenny! I don't think I was posting on this thread at the same time so it is nice to meet you!

I've had a busy few days. My Mum came for a visit for a couple of days which I enjoyed. We had some meals out and visited my Gran and some other family. Really enjoyed that and these visits are the sort of thing I would have found overwhelming even a couple of months ago.

The other half and I completed the Great Scottish Run Half Marathon in Glasgow yesterday. The rain held off until just after I crossed the finish line! I got a 10 min PB compared to 2 years ago (1 hr and 53 mins this time round) and the other half ran it in 1 hr 36 mins Now having a break from running for a week or two and then we set our sights on the Edinburgh marathon next May. The thought of doing double the distance at the moment is terrifying!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Wow! Congrats on the race, NS!! I am so impressed. Running has always been so hard for me, and I am always impressed by others who do races and can run daily.