Class of September 2013 - Part 32

Old 09-07-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your year Kane

D
Old 09-08-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Way to go Kane!! Fantastic stuff. Us Septemberers are a determined bunch!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Awesome, Kane! Congratulations!!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats on your official non-drinker status, Kane! Happy Anniversary! Woohoo!!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Thank God It's Monday Edition~~
~~It's All About YOU~~

You must be what it is that you’re seeking. This is a universe of attraction and energy. You can’t have a desire to attract a mate who’s confident, generous, non-judgmental, and gentle, and expect that desire to be manifested if you’re thinking and acting in nonconfident, selfish, judgmental, or arrogant ways…

Spend time with nice people who are smart, driven and likeminded. Relationships should help you, not hurt you. Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be. Choose friends who you are proud to know, people you admire, who love and respect you – people who make your day a little brighter simply by being in it. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. When you free yourself from negative people, you free yourself to be YOU – and being YOU is the only way to truly live.

Don’t live your life with hate in your heart. You will end up hurting yourself more than the people you hate. Forgiveness is not saying, “What you did to me is okay.” It is saying, “I’m not going to let what you did to me ruin my happiness forever.” Forgiveness is the remedy. It doesn’t mean you’re erasing the past, or forgetting what happened. It means you’re letting go of the resentment and pain, and instead choosing to learn from the incident and move on with your life. Remember, the less time you spend hating the people who hurt you, the more time you’ll have to love the people who love you.

~Be the change you want to see in the world~
Old 09-08-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for the congrats ! Its been a bumpy ride but I am so grateful to be able to hang on and take all as they come !!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Thoughtful Tuesday Edition~~
~~May The Odds Be Always In Your Favor~~

Welcome to the day that you realize, recognize and implement that it is ALWAYS too early to quit! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to going Against All Odds!

No matter what you do, how much you do it, or how bad you want to do it, most of the times the odds are going to be stacked against you. Whether your goal or aspiration is desired highly by others or non-existent and deemed impossible because no one ever attempted; you’ll always have reasons and excuses to not go through with your dreams! THAT IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU CAN EVER MAKE! The fact of the matter is that you are unique and no one can ever do what you can do! Your determination will almost always give you an edge over anyone and anything! As the saying goes “If the odds are a million to one then you still have a 50-50 shot.”

It is impossible to beat someone who refuses to quit! Make it a habit that you never give in or give up! All of your wishes and desires will fully be yours if you have the courage to put in the work and the mind to keep going despite adversity!! May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor! THE WORLD AND EVERYTHING IN IT IS ABSOLUTELY YOURS!!! #NothingCanStopYouButYOU!

~~Healthy Snacks~~

“Always make a total effort, even when the odds seem entirely against you. Never quit trying; Never feel like you don’t have a chance to win because you always do.”-Arnold Palmer

“It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.”-Richard M. DeVos

“If the odds are a million to one then you still have a 50-50 shot.”-Ash’Cash

“Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.”-Orison Swett Marden

“Dream the impossible dream, Fight the unbeatable foe, Strive with your last once of courage To reach the unreachable star.”-Unknown

“The impossible – what nobody can do until somebody does”-Unknown

“The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.”-Mal Pancoast

“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”-St. Francis of Assisi
Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Thanks for the congrats ! Its been a bumpy ride but I am so grateful to be able to hang on and take all as they come !!
Once again, Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary Kane, continue the great journey my friend.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

congratulations Kaneda!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post
Sooo 1 year today....that feels weird! Extremely happy that I've got to this point!

I want to write a bit more about this last year but not feeling like doing it today. Dealing with work related HR stuff and a bit exhausted with that. Time to chill!
CONGRATULATIONS NIGHT, GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

~Food For Thought ~ The Humpday Edition~
~~Comeback From Your Setbacks!!!~~

Welcome to the middle of a great week and the continuation of your glorious comeback! If I said this once, then I said this a thousand times…. #NothingCanStopYouButYOU!!! And if for some reason you don’t believe this as true, then it’s that very thought process which is at the root of your problems!

Any setbacks that you’ve experienced or may be experiencing are simply a setup for your comeback! Come back stronger! Come back more resilient! Come back knowing that the only time you fail is when you give up! You can sit around and find excuses, or you can get up and make your dreams happen! You can die a coward, not ever attempting to live in bliss, or you can live out your every dream and aspiration!

All of life is a choice, and only those who have chose to be the best, no matter what circumstance they’re in, have chosen wisely. Come back from your setbacks!! Your Greatness awaits!!!!!

`Healthy Snacks~~

“Failure is not the result of setbacks. Failure is the result of letting the setbacks stop you.”-Ralph Marston

“Success is just one more attempt away from failure. It would be a shame not to make that one more attempt.”-Unkonwn

“You can curse the setbacks. Or you can find in them the motivation and the means to reach ever higher.”-Ralph Marston

“In every difficult situation is potential value. Believe this, then begin looking for it.”
-Norman Vincent Peale

“Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead.”
-Les Brown

“It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.”-Seneca

“In times like these it is good to remember that there have always been times like these.”-Paul Harvey

“No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.”-Hal Borland
Old 09-10-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Cheers Nightswimming!
Old 09-10-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Congratulations Nightswimming and Kane, a whole year is outstanding, and truly inspirational, happy for you both friends, well done!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks alll

Hey 1Stepup, how are things ?
Old 09-11-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Im doing ok thanks Kane, in the August class, and am on day 25 so still early days but still trying to stay sober, going to AA and working steps. The first 2weeks were the hardest Ive ever experienced craving wise but got through somehow. My hats off to you all here that have achieved a whole year, it can seem so far away for me but know that those days will add up.

If you guys don't mind me asking, do you get to a stage where you don't even think about alcohol in a day, and if and when the craving left you time wise.?

Ive heard in the rooms of AA some differing time frames but 6months seems to be the general consensus of when it gets easier.

And it'd be great to hear how anxiety, relationships, health and general well-being has improved for you all.

Thanks again and well done on keeping on and living the dream- the real one.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great to hear you are still at it, 1Step!

I still think about alcohol everyday. Honestly, I don't think I would if my husband didn't drink. But even if he didn't drink, I believe I would still think of it occasionally. It was a way of life for me for a long time and our society promotes it. It's hard to escape entirely, but the thoughts do become more fleeting, that's for sure.

That being said, I had something really weird happen last night. I was in bed, drifting off, and I had a sudden, very strong craving for a beer. Like out of nowhere I suddenly really wanted a beer! I have been feeling a little weak lately. I think making it to one year has given me the desire to celebrate. I wish I could lose my taste for alcohol. I have had to fall back on one day at a time thinking, which works, thank goodness. And I keep reading on SR, which is a good way for me to stay on touch with where I was a year ago. I don't want to be there again and I know that if I tried to moderate I wouldn't be able to do it for long.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. I truly am happy that you are still working at it. You will make it, 1Step!
Old 09-11-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Im doing ok thanks Kane, in the August class, and am on day 25 so still early days but still trying to stay sober, going to AA and working steps. The first 2weeks were the hardest Ive ever experienced craving wise but got through somehow. My hats off to you all here that have achieved a whole year, it can seem so far away for me but know that those days will add up.

If you guys don't mind me asking, do you get to a stage where you don't even think about alcohol in a day, and if and when the craving left you time wise.?

Ive heard in the rooms of AA some differing time frames but 6months seems to be the general consensus of when it gets easier.

And it'd be great to hear how anxiety, relationships, health and general well-being has improved for you all.

Thanks again and well done on keeping on and living the dream- the real one.
Hey 1Step

Good to hear from you !

For me, the mania (craving + obsession) of drinking gradually quietened down after the first few weeks. Then I experienced the 'pink cloud' phenomena where sobriety was this unicorn and candy wonderland for a few weeks before that also wound down. So, I would say that after the first month or so, the mania pretty much left me and I began to think about recovery.

I still think about recovery every single day. However, it is a pleasurable activity where I do gain some serenity.

The changes in the last 6 months have been far more subtle than the first 6 months. In the first 6 months, my emotions were more unstable. I could veer from one extreme to another though not to the magnitude as when I was actively drinking. In the last 6 months, I believe that my emotions and inner nature has calmed down more. That isn't to say that I am calm or serene in an absolute sense but rather it is progressively becoming calmer. I have found changes to my psyche have been gradual and more subtle.

Life still goes on and I've realised that the challenges and problems do not go away once one is sober. However, I can deal with them far better now than when I was drinking.

Finally, I've learnt to be grateful. I am so grateful for the freedom that sobriety has given me. By that I mean being liberated from the emotions of guilt, shame and remorse. To wake up knowing that it is indeed a fresh day where I have no emotional baggage.

Hope that helps !
Old 09-12-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ TGIF Edition~~
~~Put In The Work~~

T.G.I.F….. The Grind Includes Friday!!!

Welcome to the last day of a wonderful week but still the best opportunity to fulfill all of your goals! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to procrastination and putting in work!

The easiest way to get things done is to get things done! No secret formula or no tricks to the trade! It is simply important that you begin TODAY doing what needs to be done to reach your goals! Many people have great ideas but spend so much time deliberating and figuring things out that they never start!

Remember that actions will get things done faster than inaction… Again… No rocket science; it just is what it is!! Going forward make sure that you are DOING something everyday that will take you closer to your dreams! And if you suffer from procrastination read the follow affirmation from Napoleon Hill aloud every morning:

“I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I demand of myself persistent, continuous action toward its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action.”

Doing what you need to do NOW will allow you to do what you WANT to do tomorrow! Start working on your freedom and take what you deserve!! NothingCanStopYouButYOU!!!

~Healthy Snacks~

“Doing nothing gets you nothing.”-Sean Reichle

“Remember, a real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.”-Anthony Robbins

“You’ve chosen to move forward, so there’s no reason to delay.”-Ralph Marston

“Vision is not enough, it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs.”-Vaclav Havel

“A year from now you may wish you had started today.”-Karen Lamb

“Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.”-Simone de Beauvoir

“Do what today others won’t, so tomorrow, you can do what others can’t.”-Brian Rogers Loop

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”-Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-13-2014, 01:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Great go hear from you onestep !
To me things got better during spring somewhere after 6 months and after 9 months I was feeling undeniably better. Please know that I am dealing with anxiety and depression too which may have delayed me some in feeling better about cravings and alcohol.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

~Food For Thought ~ Weekend Edition~
~The Universe Just Gives You What U Want~

You are so much more powerful than you give yourself credit for.
Even if it occurs subconsciously, you are fashioning your life to support
the image of who you think you are. If you see yourself as a helpless victim,
you will attract events and scenarios to support the story of "Poor me, why
does this always happen in my life?"

It happens because you create it. The universe is simply doing its job of
giving you what you say you want. Maybe on the unconscious level, you
enjoy the negative attention that being a victim brings, and if you convince
the universe that you are a victim, the universe will deliver. Isn't that a good
enough reason to change your negative, self-defeating thoughts into those that
exude power and possibility?

Let that victim role go, and start thinking of yourself as a magnificent, powerful, and courageous being. Then sit back and enjoy the gifts the universe showers on you. These new, fresh experiences will reflect your healthy, empowered vision of yourself.

~Lucinda Bassett~