Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 07-29-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sherbert, Shoes, Sherbert.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers

Phebe a big welcome to you! Drop by any time, heck drop by all the time.

Snags so sorry about your wee fur friend. How are things going for you otherwise?

Life this guy means business, you need to let him know if you get a bad craving. Are you still on the Anatabuse?

Ken good idea about the ashtrays etc. On Sunday I had to give a smoker an old jar as I couldn't find an ashtray in the house.

Shoes there is no easy way through the early days but keeping my hands busy helped me a lot, you can see what with in my avatar.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Snaggle, I am so sorry that heartache is the worst. I wish I could give you a hug right now. xoxo
Old 07-29-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Phebe good to see you hun

Snaggs so sorry love, I understand your pain

Life, yes a good focus,
Old 07-30-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Late night check in, been babysitting three c excited kids tonight aged 4, 6 and 7. Exhausted is an understatement. I hold my hat off to u mums. All going well and I can break my work day, there's a womans aa meeting in town @ lunchtime. I'm planning my upmost to attend. I'm also attending pharmacy every day.

Attending that aa meeting is daunting.....I've hovers out there twice n4 buti I shied away in the end.

Look forward to updating de my experience w u all tmro night.

Sending love to u all and once thank you to u all for helping me tow neck in.
Ill love . A soon to n very planned sober scot
Old 07-30-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good night, Life. Have a good, solid day tomorrow. Sometimes the things we most dread turn out to be the things that turn out blessing us the most! Usually I feel that way about my community group meetings. I am sure that the AA meeting will be similar for you.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers,

A quick hello before I go get keys to my new apartment. Yesterday and today have been spent juggling times for movers, cable company and a few other things. I think we finally got things straightened out and settled down (keeping fingers crossed).

Hang in there, Life!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Psyched for you, Sass! Did the rental lady get everything ready for the 1st?
Old 07-30-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Day 2 no smoking, ready to roll Jez fur! It will pass!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Rage, Budd, rage! Run, Jez, run!

Just don't pick up a smoke!

You will be able to go on a well-deserved vacation with the astronomical savings!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Psyched for you, Sass! Did the rental lady get everything ready for the 1st?
Well, there were some heart-stopping moments and I started to go into my "I'll adapt to everyone else" people-pleasing routine. I finally realized that just wasn't going to work. So i organized a "negotiated settlement" as one of my grad school profs taught us. It ended up with a win-win. I didn't get everything the way that it was supposed to be but got the parts that were important to me. Whew! I'm exhausted but satisfied.

Budd, good for you on the non-smoking! It's hard but I know you can do it. It took me 4 days to go from 3 packs per day to none. It was far from easy but the savings were enough for a monthly car payment. I had the down payment but not enough for the loan payments. After that, every time I felt the least bit tempted, I'd look out the window at my brand new car. Great feeling!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi guys....I also posted this in newcomers .....

My dog and best pal was put to sleep on Monday. He was fine on Sunday. He collapsed on Sunday night. He died on Monday morning. I am still in shock. I went the doctor today to find that my liver blood tests are raised. I have also been on sick leave for 2 months. Finding it hard to cope at the moment. Doctor put me on valium in addition to antidepressants which I have been on for years. She told me not to drink while on valium.....so here goes. Any advice welcome.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, Snaggle.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers

Life I am glad to see you check in, let us know how the meeting goes.

Snags I am very sorry about your dear dog, I am a dog person so I know how horrible it feels. I totally recommend getting outside into the fresh air, a walk in the summer light will give you a renewed feeling.

Ken I am proud of you. I agree with Gilmer -- get out and about with Jezzie or have a swim, anything to help you be occupied.

Sass I am thinking of you during this time of big change, don't forget to stop and take care of you along the way.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Typing quickly before I lose the initiative. I'm just not going to make any more resolutions about posting more often, though I hope I will. Sometimes I question whether I belong here anymore partly because of my weak resolve to stay 100 percent sober long-term. There, I said it. But I know that being here more would strengthen that resolve, and I think living on my own would as well, inasmuch as it would be more dangerous and I'd HAVE to be on my guard more, more engaged with my sobriety.

With that said, I've either recently passed or will soon pass my all-time sober record since I started drinking . . . problematically. I think my previous longest stretch was right around seven months back in, in memory serves, 2008. And I had a test these past nine days or so, housesitting for my brother all by myself. I had an opportunity, and I definitely considered drinking, but I didn't. I think partly because I just couldn't bring myself to do it, because of what a betrayal of others it would feel like, partly because there are a couple of you that I would've felt compelled to tell and I didn't want to do that, partly because I didn't want to be even mildly hungover the next day. So . . . I didn't.

Enough about me.

My hat's off to you, Budd, for tacking non-smokerhood! I've heard it's every bit as hard or harder than kicking the booze, though I'm sure that varies from one person to the next. WELL DONE YOU!

Shoes, YOU TOO?! You were already my personal hero, now I'm just hopelessly Not Worthy. :-D

Snaggle, soooooo sorry about your dog. I know from you saying how much loved her and how wrecked you and your husband are that that dog must've been living on easy street with you two, and knew she was loved. Which is wonderful. Hope you feel better soon.

Sass, I envy you moving into a new apartment. AND IN MAINE. Maine seems like a place that would suit me. Near the coast, of course. Sigh. As much as moving sucks, I always relished setting up in a new place. I hope you get "nested" with no trouble and much enjoyment!

Life, pulling for you girlfriend. Maybe that ultimatum will do the trick. Maybe this time it's really YOUR TURN. DOITDOITDOIT (just don't do That Other Thing.) ;-)

Marcher Lady, I just made a mental connection between you and this woman whose tutorials I've been watching on YouTube (she converts old book covers into handmade journals) who I ADORE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPAFa2UtwM). She's from down under as well and she is SO encouraging and kind-sounding and I just love her. And you. :-)

Toots, my second mom, I love ya lady!

And everyone else here I have not YET – yet! -- mentioned by name. I do need you guys.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

HEEEEEEEYYYYYYY MESO! Good to see you! Very LTNS, know that was my doing.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Great job Budd! Me too. No smokey shoes. I actually feel great. I can't believe the anxiety smoking caused and I didn't even realize it. I just always thought I was high strung. Lol

And good job Negotiator Sass! It's count down to the new crib!

Hug Snaggle. I think you just have to be with the sad on this one. You lost your friend. That's sad. Just feel the sadness of the situation. But don't forget to have a moment or two of all the joy. Snaggle pup was obviously loved and my guess never knew one day of anything but. Snaggle pup is okay and would want Snaggle to be okay too. I always try to think of what I would want for my loved ones if it were me that moved on. I would understand they would be sad at first but I would really want them to move on when it's time and be happy and remember all the good times with me.

And I'm learning a lot with the quit smoking that really has been very helpful to me putting alcohol in perspective and vice versa. A) quitting smoking is much easier. B) Whatever I put my focus on is my reality. I think of those Buddhist monks that can sit in ice cold weather in a wet blanket and meditate the wet blanket dry. Now if they can do that I can practice focusing on what is awesome about not drinking or smoking. And if I need help or forget...I just need to find people to remind me. I think that's called support.

Don't let yourself dwell on any thoughts that even remotely tell you Snaggle that you can drink. You can't. I can't. And that's okay. We don't need to. We are perfect just they way we are without it. If a thought pops in your head to drink, just politely thank it for stopping by and tell it to move on. Don't even debate with it. That voice is actually a chicken sh*t if you think about it. It can't even come up with any new excuses. They are always the same old bs ones. You can do it Snaggle! Just take on the day and take on tomorrow tomorrow.

Hey...I'll bet Sass knows this. I read that every cell in your body is replaced with a new cell every 2 years. We all get to be new people every couple of years. I think that's kind of exciting.

xoxo
Old 07-30-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hey Meso! xoxo!

I wouldn't worry to much about jumping in and out of Marcherville. I think we have all moved into real life in some fashion. Some folks have tried to drink again, some haven't. Some think about it. Some don't. We all still belong no matter what. I'm just always happy when people stop by again. Not happy if they have had a hard time but happy they feel like they can come back.

Good move on the not drinking. It wouldn't have been a mild hangover. If you were anything like me. It would have been a 2nd degree felony hangover. And then throw in the disappointment topping. It ain't worth it.

Nice to hear from you!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you meso Duff and Phebe
keep going with the not smoking Budd...you too Shoes

best wishes on your move Sass

you're sounding great Life

again, so sorry Snag...
Old 07-31-2014, 01:27 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

HI all,

Snaggle, i'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I don't have a dog anymore but I remember how close I was to mine, I still dream of her even now 20 years later. It's still great to see you here. I hope this recent upset won't make you pick up a drink. Believe me snuggle, like you i've struggled badly, it's still very very early days for me. Stick with us. This is such a supportive group, of that I have learned recently more than ever.

MeSo, it's fab to hear from you, and even more fab to hear that you're managing to keep that old AV where it belongs; at the back of beyond.

Shoes and Budd, keep on going with the non smoking. Good on you for doing it. In these early days of sobriety again, I think of all you Marchers, but now both of you in particular as while i'm battling, I know you both are too and I pray to God....or Buddah for you Shoes that we all keep winning.

I've been so lucky not to have suffered too bad withdrawals this time.......breathlessness for some reason is my achilles at the moment. Bit strange, does anyone ever remember experiencing this. I am asthmatic but it feels different. It's little things like washing my hair, having my arms up above my head for too long and wham suddenly i'm really breathless, v strange.

Anyway, I didn't make it to the womens meeting I planned to today. I ended up having to interview someone and it left me short on time to make it into the city. I still have full intentions of going. There's a big one apparently in the city at lunch time tomorrow and so i'm aiming for that........def also planning on going to the womans meeting Sat morning which is nearby. The feeling of dread and fear gone about attending a meeting. Having spoken to a couple of people over the phone, i'm actually looking forward to meeting and being able to talk openly with people who won't judge me.

To answer your question Marcher, yes, i'm still taking the Antabuse........attending the pharmacy every day for dispensing. My doc has said as time and compliance go on, he'll relax the dispensing rules. At the moment I really don't mind. It is keeping me accountable and i'll do anything to conquer this addiction once and for all.

Hello and love to all Marchers. Sass, I hope moving goes well.

Much love
J