100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 08-10-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you, FireSprite!
Old 08-10-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today a good club sandwich (mmmm...bacon & avocado) made me happy. Also, a nice long meandering walk that put my two kids to sleep. It's the simple things!!
Old 08-10-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm happy that I got a full night sleep last night and got to spend some me time by going to a training for my direct sales business. Also all the love I felt from friends inquiring today how I was as I had a difficult weekend.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Today I am happy I awoke to 2 dozen roses for my birthday, being taken out to dinner by my aunt and uncle, and having a drama free day with the H. It's been a good day.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Today I got to take a nap before work. That always helps me as I have a very physical job and I am certainly not 20 any longer. I seem to love an afternoon nap before work...
Old 08-11-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Starting Day #3 early & with indulgence......

Chocolate Chip Cookies made with ghiradelli chocolates. What a HAPPY way to start my Monday!! Soooo glad DD decided to spend her Sunday afternoon baking!

Old 08-11-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oldest DD is home safely after a 24-hr drive through 6 states. THAT makes me happy! Happy day to everyone!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I read the post on Friday, but wasn't able to respond...and had something making me smile at that time...so catching up!

Friday, Day 1: Happy to have my dog at work with me after his vet visit. Seeing him sleeping under my desk at my feet brought a huge smile to my face. Counter productive though!

Saturday, Day 2: RAH came home from a work trip early & told me finding out he was coming home was the highlight of his week.

Sunday, Day 3: Attended a memorial celebration yesterday...sad occasion, but nice to be able to reflect on and share stories about a life well-lived.

Looking forward to what today brings...Happy Monday everyone!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 3 happy.... I am starting to plan a trip to Disneyland for February for my dd who will be turning 10. I have taken her once, and my other kids three times each. I was so glad to never have to go back again. I don't really care for huge crowds, long lines and everything being so overpriced. However, a few weeks ago she said... mommy, my dad said when I went to Disneyland I cried the whole time on the submarine. I said... you sure did. She then said, and he said we want and watched some people singing and dancing, and watched a parade... I shook my head, and knew it was coming and cringing inside. HA. She then said, I don't remember any of that. SIGH.... so another trip to Disneyland for her birthday, and Knott's Berry Farm... just the two of us.... it will be a good time, and I am happy I will get to do this with her and she will always remember it.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am joining late but here is mine,

Day 1. Happy to swim in the pool, eat pizza and enjoy a Friday night movie with my kids
Day 2. Happy to have wonderful supportive parents who took me and the kids out to lunch
Day 3. Happy to enjoy a nap listening to the rain today with my pups by my side
Day 4. Happy to have a job I enjoy that will help support me through my divorce.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

We are on day four? Oh Lordy.... ha.... see my day stops at about 4a.m. so I am behind. Ha. Today I am happy it is.... and this sounds weird.... TRASH DAY. I love when the garbage truck comes and hauls off all of the trash from the week. I feel it gives a fresh start to the week and I love it! I am happy I only have two more shifts to work until I get to spend two days off my little miss squiggly, going to lunch and getting her some school clothes and just being with her... and making our love rocks....
Old 08-11-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day 3, i am happy to get notification of delivery for a package I ordered in the middle of July. It shipped from the US, and I'm in Canada, so it always takes a bit longer. Excited it's finally arriving!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My Day #4!

Today my happiness is dedicated to my awesome boss - despite all of my career woes, she's amazing & wonderfully supportive.

Today I have DD at the office so that we can go straight to her Dr's checkups after work & Boss-Lady surprised us with lunch out at my favorite restaurant. She knows it's a bit pricey for kids' & I wouldn't normally spring for lunch for DD & I like that, but that DD would love the place & that I have been wanting to take her for a long time. It was wonderful & so much better than the PB&J's that we packed!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Today I am happy I hear it sprinkling outside. I was able to keep dd home today as she broke out in hives. I have been running around most of the morning getting creams, and benedryl, and reminding her not to itch. She was upset that not only does she miss a field trip today, but also going to her older sister's tonight while I work. I have put calls into the doctor... At least it isn't going to break 100 degrees again today. So for now, I get to snuggle up with her for a nap before I leave for work. That always makes me happy and we get to listen to the sprinkling of the rain as well with a cool breeze coming in. That makes me smile...
Old 08-12-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Wendy - So sorry about your daughter's hives. I hope Benadryl clears it up soon!

Today I'm happy from my runner's high (especially since I posted some good mile splits with pushing 100 plus pounds of stroller and children as I ran) and even though I ate some junky food yesterday I hit my goal weight today. Happy Dance!!!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 4...it had just finished raining as I made my way home...straight ahead was a huge, beautiful rainbow.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm happy that its still summer and the weather is nice and mild! And I'm so happy for nap time. Ahhhh...
Old 08-13-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Today, pediatriac doctors that take the time to treat kids like 'real' people make me very happy. DD has had a week filled with check ups (before school starts) & we are so blessed to have found such great caregivers. Her PCP, dentist & dermatologist all made sure to take time to talk to her one on one,.ask about her hobbies and just engage in general conversation.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Lots to be happy about today. A day off for one. Someone called in sick at work last night and it leaves us short handed. When you wait on 15 tables at a time during peak dinner rush, you can imagine how that can be difficult, but when someone calls out on top of that, it gets really not so fun. I didn't get to bed until 4 a.m. . My daughter work me up at 7 and told me to just stay in bed as she only wanted yogurt for breakfast so no need to get up yet. That too made me feel relieved as I could catch a bit more sleep. Then the call from work came at 8 a.m. asking me to come in and work the bar tonight as someone called in sick. I have a really hard time saying no to people. However, since I haven't seen much of my daughter lately, I thought.... I worked five shifts in a row... I did a great job while I was there, but this is my time with my baby.... (9, but always my baby)... so I said no! HUGE FOR ME. Sis and I made love rocks. In our conversation she was talking about her trip she had to go to this afternoon, the orthodontist. Sometimes they accidentally scrape her gums with a tool or a wire pokes her and she doesn't like it. She said mom, when they do that, I am just going to go to a happy place in my mind... and I said, oh, and where is that...? She said, I am going to think back to right now, sitting here making love rocks with you. Made my heart skip a beat. She loves doing crafts with me, and I do with her... Then we got an invite to a bbq next week at our neighbors for a private concert from a gentleman named...Peter Woolston. He was on EMC's the voice. He comes and mingles with people and gives his testimony.... then a private concert for an hour. I am super excited to enjoy that evening with my daughter. We are going to go make dinner together, and pull out my favorite cookbooks, and my favorite recipes, and figure out what we are going to take to the bbq. It was a good day. xabf entered my mind only about 100 times, but, it was still a good day. I made it a good day... with the help of a little girl with braces, long black hair, a sweet smile, gentle touch, best laugh, that refers to me as Mommy. Also Carlie passed out love rocks to people that work at the orthodontist office. They all were surprised, and she talks like a little angel when handing them out saying she hopes when they look at them she hopes they remind them of how special they are. Each and every time, I get a little teary.... It was a great day... I am blessed.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WendyOR View Post
she talks like a little angel when handing them out saying she hopes when they look at them she hopes they remind them of how special they are.
Wendy, what an amazing daughter you have...you brought a smile to my face!!

Also, I had the pleasure of sitting & chatting with my brother for awhile. Seems we rarely get to do that!