QUACKERs.... Part 3

Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Heard these gems during today's child support hearing.

"I quit my last job due to PTSD."= Showing up at work cut into my drinking time.

"I have been working, just not for money."= I help anyone who buys me a 12 pack.

"I've pretty much been at the VA having appointments all the time." Said this when asked why he hadn't been looking for a job. The mediator pointed out that the paperwork he brought included a doctor's release that said he is able to work and also a statement from a VA administrator saying he keeps about one appointment every 2 months.

Same old nonsense, not even worthy of its own thread.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Okay, here is the newest, also not worthy of it's own thread.

1. Why is it not good enough that I just don't use? Get off my ass about a program!
Me: um, because sobriety looks like sobriety and using looks like using. Obviously ten years of doing it your way is not working.
2. See, this is what I am talking about!!! Nothing I do is good enough!
Me: okay, I was just wanting to get things back to normal now that the kids and I are back. Sorry. Geeze.
3. I need your support during this time...two days later. ..JUST SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE! Worry about yourself and your program!
Me: did I just miss something?
Old 08-12-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

"No those are old beer cans I dug out of the bottom of my work truck trash can (wasnt aware he had one) to bring inside and throw away"

Riiiight old? Hours old maybe.

H: what do you mean you want me to leave. Why can't you understand I drink that's who I am.
M: drinking is your choice. I can choose not to live with active drinking.
H:that's mean. You just hate me and I'm a piece of crap.
M: I did not say that. Leaves room

SMH seriously?!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Alkie guy who rented a room from me many years ago. Understood he had to move out if he kept drinking. Stayed sober for 18 months and then hit the bottle again.

Him: I'm a grown man, I can drink if I want.

Me: Yes, and as a grown man, you have the entire world to drink in. You just can't do it here. Good luck to you!

He escalated at lightening speed. After a particularly crazy night where I felt threatened by him, I called his mom and she showed up the next morning with strong, male back-up and they moved him out.

Yikes!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

AW: You know what I like about me? I only drink wine. My friend, she drinks hard alcohol and that is way worse;

ME: Hmmmm
Old 08-18-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

AH: You hate me.

Me: No, I don't.

AH: Yes,you do. I want to go to (family member's) house, and you won't let me.

Me: I am sorry you feel that way. Go there if you want. You are an adult, and free to drink here at home or there.

AH: I don't want to be with you. You are such an evil monster for making me stay home.

O M G !!

Someone is seriously F I V E years old.

Sue
Old 08-18-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Pia

AH: I want you back

Me: What steps did you put in place?

AH: I bought a self help book, it's under my seat in the truck.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Radiant....is that learning by osmosis through his rear?? Sure sounds like he is talking out of his rear!!!! O my Goodness!

Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
AH: I want you back

Me: What steps did you put in place?

AH: I bought a self help book, it's under my seat in the truck.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Radiant....is that learning by osmosis through his rear?? Sure sounds like he is talking out of his rear!!!! O my Goodness!

Ha Ha . . . I am so glad I have you guys here at SR. I would of been stupid in the past thinking ahhhh he is trying he went out and bought the book.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Assmosis! Concept totally taken from someone at a mtg. who said that's how we learn to recover. We go and sit on our as$es and learn. Very different from the assmosis through the seat of the truck.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sue
Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Probably doesn't belong here, but anyways

"if you just stopped breathing that would be a start to stop global warming", it's your fault that we have global warming.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I have one I think. The ABF is taking a shower after drinking all day. He can drink an 18 pk of tall boys in a day and that is starting at maybe 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon.
I had gone to the freezer that is in the utility room by the bathroom where he was taking a shower. Evidentally I had left the freezer lid open as I had my hands full and forgot to go back and close it. (Obviously because I am a dumbass and stupid, according to him). It had been open maybe 5 minutes at the most when he came out of the shower and stumbled into the living room to sit down and watch tv. Then he calls me in there and asks who was the stupid dumbass that left the freezer open. I said , oh crap, that was me, I had my hands full. Well, blah, blah, blas and all the other things that are wrong with me followed.
Me: Did you close it?
ABF: No, I didn't open it!!! At this time he is so mad that he is turning red and slurring words so bad that I cant even hardly understand him.
ABF: Gulping down a full beer because I had made him mad says, Well, just so you know, I am not eating any sh*t out of that freezer because it will probably be spoiled and poisen and kill me!!! (yeah right , after 5 minutes lol)
WTF!!!!! And the alcohol isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hmmmm....sounds like you can just cook for yourself! When he wants to know where his food is tell him you are risking the poison and know he did not want to chance it!
Old 09-18-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

When I broke up with my ABF a week ago, at first he told me I could keep my things there for as long as I needed to until I could line up a truck and trailer and place to store my things. I've had to move back in with my parents and they have no room to store a house full of items. But by the next day, he was angry and telling me to "get your sh$t out of here ASAP". I asked why the sudden change and he said he had more time to think about the situation and just wanted my stuff out and he needed to look for a roommate.

So I made arrangements to have my dad help me move. I stored my stuff in the garage at my ex husbands house - which is also my house until it goes back to the bank in just a few weeks...both of our names are on the mortgage. {My ex husband and I have been separated for quite a long time and the divorce will be final in just a couple of months, to make a long story short.} Anyway, XABF flipped when I told him, accusing me of dumping him for my ex-husband and numerous other off the wall accusations. I couldn't believe my ears. But that wasn't the kicker.

He then proceeds to say, "If you were going to ask anybody to store your stuff for you, why didn't you ask ME????!!!!"

Ugh.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Don't you just LOVE their logic?! lol

*sigh* I don't miss it at all!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It is hilarious when he asks me, "What's wloooong?" trying to look worried and acting interested, but so drunk that he can hardly keep his eyes open.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sosadandhurt View Post
Gulping down a full beer because I had made him mad says, Well, just so you know, I am not eating any sh*t out of that freezer because it will probably be spoiled and poisen and kill me!!! (yeah right , after 5 minutes lol)
WTF!!!!! And the alcohol isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, I have one like that. Did you know that fried fish spoils as soon as it gets cold?

But then again, alcohol kills bacteria, so ...
Old 09-18-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Pia

I have more of an experience:

Went out to eat have drinks in hand he falls off the edge of the booth seat
AH: You saw that didn't you?
ME: Yup the whole restaurant saw that
AH : Tea does that sometimes
Old 09-19-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

When xabf told me originally about his dui, he said he hadn't really been that drunk... but, was driving and his glasses fell inbetween the seat and console. He said he was reaching for them and feeling around and swerved... got pulled over and taken to jail. He had the breathalizer in his car for months.... I think a year actually. When it was taken out he still was not drinking yet. He would go over and over how he was never going to drink and drive... yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. After a pre superbowl game in which we spent with friends, and he had drank maybe four or five beer, we got in the car and he drove us home with no incidents... he seemed fine. I had drank wine that night, to my stupidity I didn't inquire if he was ok to drive. When I returned home, (he lived out of town) I was coming home that night from work and saw someone being pulled over for a dui. I went into instant panic. I was so angry with myself, for not asking if he was ok to drive. I was angry he was in danger by doing this but so was I. When I talked about it with him the following morning, how I should have asked.... how I was upset with myself and the situation and very concerned... HE FLIPPED OUT! He started yelling and raging...
His words: Do you think I would ever really put your life at risk? Did I get us home safe? Were you safe? I would never do anything to hurt you.
I said, but you felt safe to drive home on the night you got your dui, and when we drink our judgment is greatly impaired.
He countered back at me with the same rage.... Wendy I did not eat any dinner that night! That is why I was drunk....

Me thinking in my head.... Oh, okay! I thought you had been looking for your glasses. Oh, you would never risk my life by driving when you had been drinking? Hmmmm you already did.

Not blaming him there, as I put myself in that situation.