# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 9

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-8-a-20.html

D
Old 05-12-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies. Hey to you too Olivia, I hope the storms pass soon, both internally and externally.

Hang in there Pooh, you will get through this and eventually, the good days will outnumber the bad. Some people get hit with PAWS worse than others, but it is temporary and will pass.

Off to physical therapy soon, NOT looking forward to that. Oh, Bandi, my therapist is the opposite of yours, not a handsome young man with a great sense of humor, rather a middle aged lady with no sense of humor at all. Haha, the dental assistant asked me if I broke a mirror (string of bad luck) and after thinking about it, I did, around 6 months ago. I choose to brush that one off as superstition because to embrace it means another 6 1/2 years of this!

Good morning Dee, thanks for the new thread!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Haha Odelle! No broken mirror for you (or me). Things are only gonna get better from here on out! Xo

Peace. Love. !!!

The blue angels are here this weekend as well as the Canadian whatever .. Snowbirds?
Great great show right over us!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I finally got my car back - remember the car that almost got me killed! Not the kind of car to have this kind of problem. Glad to have it back tho. So much stuff in there I needed! Stop by the shop last Sat and it was on the lift. Told they guy not to bother clearing all the stuff out below it. My stuff could wait! Tow truck didn't ask if I wanted to get anything out oh it.

Song by ?? Ewe Ewe child, things are gonna get easier. Ewe Ewe child things are gonna get brighter! One of those almost sickeningly sweet songs!
Old 05-12-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm gonna be big as a house if I don't watch it!
Eating way too much.

One of those F'd up days. Now Lowe's big truck is stuck in my driveway. I can't even get out and need to. Tow truck coming.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Long day here .. very rainy, drove into Austin to pick up my new (to me) guitar. It's pretty hard to believe how rotten some of these drivers are, but I almost got pushed into an accident by one making an illegal pass. Hate to say it but my anger did flare up ... I would have made a sailor blush had he heard me cussin' up a breeze at that ... um ... numpty.

Anyway, I got the guitar and spent the afternoon cleaning it up and dialing it in. Definitely a keeper, the best of the three SGs I've owned, and the equal of my old Les Paul in playability.

Yay sobriety!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way cool Thump!

My son and I watched Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams. Great flick! We talked about how much better it is being sober than trashed.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Flying by to say hi and TGIF Hugs to everyone..

Talk to ya all this weekend, take care Jannies!
Old 05-13-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

I don't know anything about guitars, but that's one good looking instrument Thump!

Glad you got your car back Olivia, if only for your stuff and super glad you're OK.

(((Odelle))) Glad you got your stitches out and are mending. Sorry about your therapist though. You are overdue for some good luck. Let's bring it on!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies!!!
Just quickly popping past to wish everyone a happy, sober weekend. I'm having a quiet Friday night with a cuppa and a movie-OH how my life has changed lol!!! look forward to catching up more over the weekend. Sending love xx
Old 05-13-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Long day here .. very rainy, drove into Austin to pick up my new (to me) guitar. It's pretty hard to believe how rotten some of these drivers are, but I almost got pushed into an accident by one making an illegal pass. Hate to say it but my anger did flare up ... I would have made a sailor blush had he heard me cussin' up a breeze at that ... um ... numpty.

Anyway, I got the guitar and spent the afternoon cleaning it up and dialing it in. Definitely a keeper, the best of the three SGs I've owned, and the equal of my old Les Paul in playability.

Yay sobriety!
Thumpa- A lovely looking guitar! What a lovely treat for yourself xx
Old 05-13-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nice sobriety reward, Thumpa.

Not much happening here, just thought I'd wish everyone an enjoyable weekend.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi all and happy weekend. I am still in the midst of a big deadline crunch but got the central price off my plate this afternoon, so I am just relaxing this evening. And probably going to bed early as I've been burning the candle at both ends with about 8 hrs of sleep the past three nights. I work for an amazing company and teams, but I'm starting to wonder how many if these big pushes I have left in me. I think there may be some opportunity to shift role some but that would also necessitate the company gain more capacity and we just had a newbie quit - pretty sure it was before her first day. Anyway, coming from a point of several months sobriety certainly can bring landscapes into sharper relief.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi all! Getting ready for Cliffhangar with Stallone. Older movie but I remember it being really good.

Washed the Gators today. Have to have my farm equipment clean! Mowed and mowed but looks so beautiful! Air show tom. Some friends coming. There will be minimal drinking. About half not drinking at all .. Could u imagine never have liked booze in your life? Nice.
One of my old workers stopped by today. Went to rehab 90 days in AZ and came back and drank. Bad marital problems. Was sad to talk to her. She's got 26 days sober again. Wishing her the best. Sweet girl.

Thanks Bandi about car. A car only a few years old should not throw the transmission on the highway! Mechanic said they've never seen this before. Well, it's driving well now. I had so much crap to switch in cars ...long dumb story, that I got out and left my garage door opener in loaner! Ugh! My son went and got it for me.

Here's to a sober weekend. I'm good I know that. These meds are enough. I've spent enough years drinking for ten ppl. Ready to enjoy life sober for good. Hope it lasts forever Hope there's no more hidden problems in this health issue.

Carry on ! Wonder how Caramel and Sandy are doing and anyone else that left. Come back guys any time.

Olivia
Old 05-13-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! I am looking forward to the weekend, this has been a crazy week at work, sounds like that is the case for many of us! I'm tempted to find some Friday the 13th movies on tv, but I'm afraid I won't sleep!!
Old 05-13-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hahaha, Friday the 13th movies! I definitely would NOT sleep.
I was dating my first serious boyfriend when the original came out and I asked him to drive home from the theatre with the car dome light on and since my parents were gone that night, also had him come in and check all the rooms, closets and under beds. Thanks for the teenage memories Delilah!
That was the 1st and last F13 movie for me
Old 05-13-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Yeah Olivia, I also wonder about Sandy and Caramel and others who were with us for so long. Hope we hear from them again some day.

It's so nice to hang out here after a crazy long work week. Cold and rainy tonight so a cup of Sleepytime tea by the fireplace and SR is my idea of a good Friday night. Too tired to write much but reading is nice. Hugs to all, take care
Old 05-13-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Bandi, that sounds like a perfect ending to a long week, enjoy!

My son and daughter took me to dinner last night (late Mother's Day) so I fixed a scrumptious dinner for them this evening, Halibut and roasted vegetables. It's so nice when everything turns out near perfect. Fortunately, the broken wrist is mending well enough that I am using it more, especially in the kitchen.

I too have often wondered how Caramel and Sandy are doing, I hope they pop in some time. Pedro, don't make us stalk you too! How are you?

RallyAly, I don't know what to say, you're working so hard I don't know how you would find the time to drink, which is good, but you're working so hard you don't have time to relax and unwind, which is a bad thing. If you are able and willing to change to a less demanding job, it may provide you with a better work/life balance. Good luck with that decision!

Delilah, I can't watch Friday the 13th movies, I hate butchery and bloody scenes. If a movie gets too intense for me (not suspense) I have to leave the room. Needless to say, Halloween is not my favorite holiday. Here's to a good night's sleep!

Olivia, you sound well grounded in your sobriety, I hope your son is beginning to see the positive changes in his parents. I'll bet he's super proud of you both!

It's great to hear how well you have settled into your sober life Nic, I hope this feeling never fades.

Thumpa, when a you going to play us a song?

Wishing everyone a good night, you too Mav, Zeebs, Sunflower, Pooh, and Dee (and anyone I may have missed)!
Old 05-13-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks, Odelle. The other side of the coin is that I don't actually work more than most, and get to work from home if I like. It just tends to have these crazy, intense times when the hours ramp high for a few weeks and most of the work is not stuff that I get passionately absorbed in. That is perhaps at least as important in my current discontent. There is stuff I do get really engaged in, but the hardest slogs are just that-slogs. When I drank, I would typically nurse a few light beers on the late nights then celebrate the end of crazy periods with a beer binge.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks great Thumpa

D