Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 9

Old 06-28-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Delilah, you worked your sobriety like a pro during your vacation, going with the flow and ebbing in and out of unexpected events, providing support for your Mom while simultaneously ensuring your children enjoyed their vacation. You've raised the bar for the rest of us to follow!
Old 06-28-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Bandi, I don't know how the heck you keep up with that grueling work pace and keeping social commitments, especially during the week. What kind of vitamins are you taking? Where do you get your superwoman strength?

Kudos to you for grounding yourself before entering the restaurant. I'm making a mental note of that for future use!

And the countdown is on for the class leaders to cross the 6 month finish line. You guys (and gals) getting excited?

Thumpa, thanks for your comment on the lack of posts, I think it was the ice breaker! I hope all is well with you.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hi all, glad to see more activity, it grounds me here. I need you guys, probably more than I should.

Things here aren't bad, I'm entering another weekend. I'll be doing humdrum chores around the house -- funds are tight, as I've had some problems with my truck and I'm trying to pay down my credit cards anticipating my son's visit later this summer, so no big projects right now.

He's planning on driving out here, his first cross-country drive, and I want to have my highest-limit card completely clear in case he has any emergencies along the way. I don't know if I should have the card co send him his own on my account, because at 18, his emergencies might prove to be a couple hundred dollars of Cheetos or something like that.

Sunny, I'm sorry things are so rough for you. Feel free to PM me if you wish -- I'm on every day at least once, and I'm happy to listen.

Much love, Jannies.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Quick check-in this morning. Wishing everyone a good Sober day (and night)
Good to hear from you Odelle! And Thump, your son visiting must be very special for you......you made me laugh again with the Cheetos! -

Thoughts and prayers for Dee's mother.....hope her open heart surgery goes well and she makes a good recovery. Take care Dee.....please keep us posted. xxxx
Old 06-29-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Evening all, quick check in.

T - lol with the Cheetos. Hope everyone travelling got home ok!

Big hug Sunny.... One day is all it takes.

Peace
Old 06-29-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Delilah, you worked your sobriety like a pro during your vacation, going with the flow and ebbing in and out of unexpected events, providing support for your Mom while simultaneously ensuring your children enjoyed their vacation. You've raised the bar for the rest of us to follow!
Thanks Odelle! I appreciate that, juggling both was difficult. Today after we unpacked and cleaned up we went to the beach and relaxed. There is something about the ocean that relaxes me.

Hope you are feeling a little better than you have been!!
Old 06-29-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Bandi, nicely done avoiding the wine! Loggin on here is so helpful for me too. Hope wok starts to settle down some soon.

Thump, that is great that your son is coming to visit. I chuckled reading your post thinking of my 18 year old self and what constitutes an emergency!!

Sunny, I hope you will check in today, whether you are sober or drinking. Sending you lots of love.

Let the countdown to six month ms begin!!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 06-29-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

26.5 hours left...tic toc...tic toc...tic toc...

I'm a week behind our class leaders, but I'm excited to see the class entering the 6 month stretch!
Old 06-30-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Odelle and Thank you! - No superwoman here, just very stubborn and determined. That's the ACOA in me and I've been that way my entire life so stuck with me I am I am. But thank you for that very nice compliment- I do take high quality vitamins and eat clean though so that probably counts for something.

Hi Delilah and hope your mother continues on her good recovery.

Good morning to all Jannies and to Dee, glad your mother's surgery went well!

I haven't had this much anxiety over anything since I got sober and it's not a good feeling. Going to take the next couple of weeks one hour at a time and work my way through this minefield. Perhaps this isn't the right job for me after all but I won't quit right now. Time will tell. Could use some positive thoughts and encouragement my way. Thanks!

Wishing everyone a good Sober day & evening...take care!
Old 06-30-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hello, all...

I'm back from dealing with my parents' new crisis, this one financial and mental illness instead of physical.

I'm a little embarrassed because it was all so sudden and chaotic that I lost track of the date and my sober app said I had six months (and gave me a coin to say so) probably because it equated 180 days with six months. Anyway, I posted on that thread that I had six months and I kinda didn't?

Anyway, today I will. 99% sure. That 1% is because I just read an email from my father's physician suggesting that someone go live with them for a month to gauge my father's response to a different medication. I barely survived the three days.

I'm way behind on everyone, I'm sorry. But group hug and happy to be back.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hugs to both of you.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hello Jannies,

Dee, I am so glad your mom's surgery went well.

Aries, glad you are back. We are one day away feel the six month mark, which is pretty darn amazing! I am proud of all of us!

Bandi, sorry work continues to be so crazy, have you looked for other positions at all? I know how difficult it is when work encompasses so much of life! I am comfident you will figure out the best path for you.

Spoke with my mom earlier today, she continues to do well with PT. Due to blood results she got back today she will need to have a biopsy on her lungs next week.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Somehow the rest of my message disappeared!

If you guys would continue to keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers that would be very much appreciated.

❤️ Delilah
Old 06-30-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Hugs to both of you.
Thank you Thump......really really appreciate your hug after today!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend-
Old 06-30-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Somehow the rest of my message disappeared!

If you guys would continue to keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers that would be very much appreciated.

❤️ Delilah
(((Delilah))).....Continued thought and prayers for your mother. Those darn biopsies. Hugs and take care..

You're right about the lack of time to look for another position and I do want to give this more time before making a drastic decision...so I'm sticking with it for now because I am learning some really important new skills and do enjoy a few co-workers. It's just very stressful and the systemic problems within the organization have been there a long time and won't be fixed any time soon, if ever.

If I ever feel though that the stress will threaten my sobriety, I won't hesitate to give notice. No job is worth that precious and hard fought gift!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Best wishes and well-done to all of you now looking at six months!
Old 06-30-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Best wishes and well-done to all of you now looking at six months!
Hi Caramel,

How are you? I saw you popped in and said hello to the July class. Hope you are doing well!

❤️Delilah
Old 06-30-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Thanks, Delilah; after being in the May class as well I've settled in the June class, doing well so far and getting much information and encouragement by looking in to each month's class this year.
Take care xx
Old 06-30-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

join us for part 10 here guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-10-a.html

D