# 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun
Old 09-28-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Back seat!
Old 09-28-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Budd! You have to drive! No shotgun for you!

Hey, travel safe, and if I can be of help as you pass through don't hesitate to call.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Woohoo, Part 44? We are gunning for 50 peeps!

Good morning everyone from a Spring Paradise! Yep, it's here, the warm temps are forecast all week long with some extra hot days on the weekend.

Ken I hope that all your preparations are going well and that you and the boys have a safe trip. I've looked at where you are going, that'll take a few days won't it?

Trachy I've reached almost the top of your head so if you start to feel itchy around the top of the ears that will be from my Addi Turbo circular needle.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I don't see us havin any problem making 50 threads. Marchers have staying power.

A two new hat year? A TWO NEW HAT YEAR? WAHOO!

I had to get a new straw hat when I went to Florida for the sun. Now, I get a new winter hat? I repeat: WAHOO!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love your hat knitting blow by blow announcing! It's so cool.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah sass, I'm definitely feeling like I need to protect the sobriety right now. Thank you. I didn't realize I needed permission for that until you granted it. I went to 3 aa meetings in a week, that's like a record for me. I was still pretty down yesterday, a little better today. I was all down and weepy for some reason. I felt really dumb about it. Even looked up (close your eyes boys) perimenopause. Don't really have the other stuff going on, so I guess it's just how I am at the moment.

Trachy, your gonna rock that hat!

Budd, thank you for the updates, I'll be wishing you super safe travels!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!

Ken, best wishes on the big move and the new chapter of your life.

We, hope you are feeling more yourself soon.

Trach, kudos on not whacking BIL, though no jury would convict you.

Back from the Boundary Waters with a nasty wind burn. Battled high winds all way the back to our access site - a half day canoe trip took all day long, and I even fell down twice when portaging the canoe. Fortunately, nothing broken on this old man...

Big love to Marcher, Dee, Toots, Sass, DD, Gilmer, JG, Giligan, the skipper too, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, the professor and Mary Anne.

Last edited by Northlander; 09-28-2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-29-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Right back atcher North! Hope the windburn soothes soon.

Budd safe travels my friend, I remember when I brought my old cat Spud on a road trip from Southampton to Dunfermline ( that's for you Marcher I know you like maps!) I know it seems an inconsequential distance to those of you who live in countries that the uk could droop into without noticing; but it's like travelling 500 miles of suburbs and bypasses. Spud yowled most of the way ( he got pretty vocal in his old age, he'd have been about 15 by then) he was a house cat with Agraphobia so travelling usually meant the vet. He must have thought it was a heck of a journey to the vets!
When we moved to this house, we crossed the Tay road bridge, Spud was a fond memory by then, I had a wee rescue kitty called Minnie, she was a tiny fierce hunter who hated her carrier. She managed to break free halfway across the bridge and sudden to I had this midget bad tempered tiger to manage at 50 miles an hour knowing that if I stopped I would likely cause a shunt! Fortunately it is not a long bridge but it sure felt like it was longer with an enraged kitty racing around the Windows looking for a way out!!
Budd I am sure Max will chill the whole way and Jez will take her lead from him.
I envy you, new sober start with people who will only ever know you as a non drinker. No past, no history, just a new tomorrow. X

We I am glad that you are looking after yourself, sounds like you have some emotional build up to release, let it all out love, it's ok to find somewhere alone and just sob or rant or rage.

Marcher I feel left out, even though I don't like hats. I don't wear scarves or mittens much either so there is nothing I could ask you to knit, but oh, I wish there were.....

Trachy, I too spent too long married to the wrong man, I think women especially feel a failure if they give up on a relationship, I know my ex used to try to emotionally blackmail me to stay with/ get back together with him giving the old ' in sickness and health' speil. I did feel a lot of guilt pushing him out of my life, counselling helped me to deal, but I felt a failure, like it was my fault I wasn't enough to stop him drinking our marriage down the toilet. Does your sis know about SR? The friends and family thread is a great form of support, especially if she won't consider al-anon or anything else.

Sass, Gilmer, Duff, Oneday, et al xx
Old 09-29-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Apparently Key West thinks a chest cold is an appropriate going away gift!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Apparently Key West thinks a chest cold is an appropriate going away gift!
Ouch!

Well, think of it this way ... You won't miss it
Old 09-29-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Great to see you North and to know that you are still "warm" weather adventuring! Ken sorry to hear about the chest cold, I suspect the inland air will be kind to your respiratory system, didn't people used to "take the cure" inland?

We I'm glad the knitting bulletins tickle your fancy, Trachy's ears are probably tickled today because I had to undo about an inch and a half. I never drop stitches but I managed to drop one in this, I suspect the dark yarn I picked for Trachy's made it invisible to this old bat.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

My ears did get cold!

Toots, my sister knows nothing of SR and I want to keep it that way. I'm selfish about my anonymous support network. She was so supportive of his recovery that she went to AA with him. He's a narcissistic **** who was raised by narcissistic alcoholic **** parents. His whole reasoning for taking up heroin was to die tragically like his literary heroes. God forgive me but, she should have let him.

I've heard many tales of Boundary Waters. If I ever get a chance to visit, I'm hitting you up for a kayak loan, North.

I used to have a PDA that had a biorhythm app that was remarkably accurate. I think my cycles are all bottoming out. That or post-vacation blues are setting in along with fall starting. AND my gameplayer has set my Zork to maximum verbosity. I haven't typed so much in months.

Budd ole buddy, the dry air of TN will set you right.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Budd, get better then get out of dodge! Yep that tn air will set you right. You'll actually see fall this year!

Sass, that's a long time with the wrong man. We all learn from that stuff though. You are so strong now you wouldn't look twice at a dude like that.

Toots, my first kitty went everywhere with me like a dog until he had a fateful vet visit. After that, getting him in the car was hell.

North, sorry about that wind burn! That north wind can suck you dry. Good thing there's plenty of water to drink! Did you stick to smaller lakes? Those big lakes can get some giant wind waves!! One of my favorite lakes was bat lake. Cause it was called bat lake of course. Nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nanaaa bat lake!!

Trachy that bil of yours gets more and more ridiculous every time you talk about him. Keep cranking that zork, I happen to like your maximum verbosity!

Well I think I keep getting a little better, not weepy or cranky. Let's see if any other dwarves materialize... Work is getting busy again, that keeps me out of trouble. Made some progress on my fall dislike (I'm right there with you trach). I'm getting used to shortening days. Worked late and drove home in the dark, it didn't fill me with impending doom. So that's a plus.

After a two year hiatus, I brought back risotto. That usd to be my one fall pleasure. But it meant I had to cook with wine. I figured out a way to use diluted cider vinegar, and it's not bad.

Have a goodnight peeps!
Old 09-30-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

1st leg complete! Made it to Daytona
Old 09-30-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome back to continental life, budd!
Old 09-30-2015, 11:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Woohoo Budd! How's your chest cold?

The Tootsies are off on a road trip too today; West Coast of Scotland here we come!
Old 10-01-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Keep running Budd! Joaquin is right behind you!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

2nd Leg over, made it to Greenville SC.

A little more adventure today, as soon as I got into SC my phone died, 5 minutes later my directions flew out the window.

Going to look for a new phone now.