Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 10-01-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a very warm Paradise. Yep it's warm and it's going to be hot, real hot, this weekend.

Ken I just looked up South Carolina and I see you are "next to" Tennessee so I imagine you have another day to travel? I hope you got a new phone easily and don't forget to drive on the wrong side of the road, that's the thing I can't get my head around.

It's a busy weekend for us so if I don't poke my head in you'll know why.

Have a good one peeps.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Got new cheap phone, crazy day over, curling up with critters and TV
Old 10-01-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad it's sorted, budd! You're almost home!

Marcher, enjoy the heat. It's definitely acting like October here.

Had a second good day in a row, wooohoooo!! Work went really well, I had this meeting which usually results in more work for me and not much "fruit" for the labor. But it's like the stars collided and things started to actually happen. Then, since the meeting was at rei, I decided to tell the staff about my hiking boots not being waterproof. I love these boots, except for the little issue with the wet feet. This was my second pair of these boots. The waterproofing had failed on my first pair, which I totally second guessed myself on, but they had replaced. Then I wore this second pair for 10 months. In England, we hiked in the same conditions that made the first pair leak. Guess what? The second pair leaked! So today I just thought I'd mention it to the staff in case it became an issue with this brand. Oh no, they wanted them back! So for $25, (the price difference between my old boots and new ones) returned a now 11 month old pair of boots for brand spanking new vasques!!

AND, the heavy hikers I ordered from keen at like 60% off (pro deal plus a promo) arrived like a week earler than I expected.

Two pairs in one day, it's like Christmas!! And now I don't have to spend the winter in worn out boots!

Where's shoes when I need her??
Old 10-01-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

WeHav, happy to hear you had a second good day in a row!

Budd, please give Max and Jezzie a snuggle for me :-)

Toots, I hope you're having a lovely road trip.

Marcher - hmmm - wrong side of the road from your perspective

Trachy, how are your cold ears doing?
Old 10-01-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

We, isn't it wonderful how wee things can make our day! Congrats on the new boots!
When we went on holiday I had previously bought a 3 ended charger so I could charge my fruity phone andnipad off the same socket. Imagine my joy to find I could also charge my ebook reader on the third point!! I was so happy! ( 2 weeks in Tuscan sun? Meh, charge 3 things at once weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Am at Fort William, well staying just outside it, we had a lovely drive across, went down a single winding road to Loch Etive, beautiful scenery.

Today we hope to play golf at a pretty course up by Mallaig.

Enjoy your summer sun Marcher, how are you all doing now? X

Hugs Budd, you are doing great, last leg today?? X

Hugs everyone else. Wifi a bit dodgy here so don't worry if you don't hear from me , I'm home Saturday night anyway. X
Old 10-02-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

My ears are still cold.

New boots are the best aren't they. I have a pair in the box in the closet. Just waiting for winter.

Had it out with the cable company last night. After a half hour of I don't want an upgrade They decided my modem was broken. New modem on the way.

I am glad I have you all on my phone. Damn phone thinks you all is a good substitute for y'all.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

What is this? All day and nothing from you people? What am I paying for?

Oh, wait...
Old 10-02-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You are getting what you are paying for, Trachy
Old 10-02-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
You are getting what you are paying for, Trachy
Hey, my doc gave you the new boobs, right? That's what we agreed upon.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

BOOTS, Trachy, I got BOOTS!

Toots I can totally see being excited about a triple charger. Sounds awesome. I love how your outlets are more powerful than ours and my phone charges like twice as fast in the uk. Mallaig sounds really cool! So does the course.

Budd I hope you and the furry kids are safely in your new town!

Marcher, thought of you today. A young coworker was all excited to tell me about her Skype plans with her good friend in Australia. They were going to watch the same movie together at night here and late morning there, then paint their nails "together." It was very cute.

Wehav's work land got their money's worth out of me today, I'll tell you what! Looong day but a good one.

Too tired to say much, have a good night peeps!
Old 10-02-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Had a lovely day yesterday, Traigh is one of the few go.f courses that doesn't mind dogs so Miss Molly was allowed to play a round with us! It was good. A trip into Mallaig and a visit to Fort William, where I tried to get myself outside the biggest slice of chocolate cake I've ever seen ( it beat me but not by much!!)

Today we pack to go home, but en route back through Glencoe we will hike the Hidden/Lost valley where the Campbell's hid their stolen cattle. We have hiked it before a long time ago, it is a lovely walk. It's been a lovely few days break.

I have good boots, I don't hike much, we golf more, so they have lasted me years. I bought them to wear the first time we visited Fort William after moving to Scotland, decided that if I could walk around town without getting a blister we would walk up Ben Nevis the next day. Well lubricated by 3 bottles of wine and it was a done deal. The following morn, up bright and early, ( and probably still drunk, ) we began the long hike up the biggest mountain in Britain. I looked at it yesterday and wondered how the chuff we managed it! It's a big chuhnk of rock!

Have a happy SunMonday folks xx
Old 10-03-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Yes, that's "boots", Trachy :-)

I was going to mention yesterday that I have been sleeping really well ... and then last night/this morning was the worst -- zero sleep! Ah well, I can't complain when things are mostly evened out. I guess that's just part of aging.

Have a lovely weekend to all.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi All,

We made it!!!!!! Got in about 1:00 yesterday afternoon.

Buddtruck shall now be renamed "The Incredible Buddtruck" as it held up for the 1100 mile trip. It now smells like critters something fierce, so a good cleaning will come once the weather clears up.

Speaking of weather, Toots, with all your descriptions of Scotland's rain I thought I was there. I had the windshield wipers on for the last 600 miles.

When I get a better phone than the cheapie I bought the other day, I will post more pictures, here is an internet photo, close to the view from my new placeth2P4CABUB.jpg. If you want to learn a little about the place , Google " Pressmans Home" .

Right now there is no internet at the house so I'm at the public library, I'll be checking in as often as I can, but it's about 20 miles from home. When I get new phone I will be able to post more.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Somedays, the typos rule!
Old 10-04-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Well done SuperBuddTruck!!!! Budd I don't envy you all that driving in the rain, I am so glad y'all arrived safe and sound.

Toots also back home now, we went for our hike to the hidden valley yesterday, quite a tough though short one, Mr T who is carrying a lot of extra weight just now suffered but did it! I was very proud of him.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Budd, glad you made it!!! Yaaay superbuddtruck! have fun getting settled in.

Toots, glad you had a nice hike. Glad mr. T made the hike too! Hikes are very good for the soul...
Old 10-04-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

C update: he was hanging on our porch again. J and I got the dog, started to take him to that little local pumpkin festival. C wanted to walk with us, I said no. I told Chris that he only place I'm taking him is the hospital. He balked, of course. We started o walk away. Then he said, "let's do this."

The whole drive to the hospital, he said he'd do his 72 hours the. Be back out o the same thing. We told him this is it, this is his chance to end this crap.

He's really drunk, I don't have high expectations. But as long as he's breathing, there's hope.

Please pray for c.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely prayers for C wehav.

hope everyone had a good weekend

D
Old 10-04-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Y'all are good people, We. Maybe it will take this time.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sending prayers, We.