Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 10-08-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers 25C today -- woot! I love proper spring, and proper summer and proper autumn. A nice quiet weekend is coming up here, I'm looking forward to doing not a lot that I have to do and quite a bit of what I want to do. Sunday morning I have a little shelf stacking on in town and that's about my only obligation.

So what about the rest of you?

Have a good Frursday all.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Marcher,

I'm staying over at a friend's home near where I used to live so I can pick up my repaired car tomorrow morning and then drive for 3 hours to get back to the old folks' home
Old 10-08-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I just got some exceptionally good news today.

Totally independent of a decision I made. I'm not moving house right now. I can make some changes and save the same monthly money without spending the out of pocket cash to move to another apartment. I may not like it here but until I find a better job or a job closer to my family, I'll be right here.

The exceptionally good news made my day, though.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've had some crashes and bashes too Toots - mainly because you can operate fwd and reverse with the same hand and noone told me this..

I think I have it down now though

D
Old 10-08-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your good fortune Trach

D
Old 10-08-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Thanks, Dee! I'm a pretty happy camper.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Trachy that is good news!

Dee I hope to goodness you have an L-plate!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

That's good Trachy!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

No need for an L plate Marcher - can't get into too much trouble on the footpath at 6 km an hour

I think the teething problems are over now

D
Old 10-09-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey We, My exceptional good news is your exceptional good news. My hat is finished so your hat must be finished. Should I trust Marcher with my address?
Old 10-09-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Got a job yesterday, I will be working at a steel forging plant, not sure what I'll be doing there but I'm sure they'll let me know.

Hours I haven't worked in a long time 11 pm to 7 am, which is actually which shift I prefer, It gives me the mornings to run errands when most people are at work and plenty of daylight to do house/yard work.

Weekends will be strange though, being up all night, I guess that's when indoor housework will be done.

I will probably be missing until Tuesday as the library that I am using the computer at will be closed til then.

So, everyone have a safe and sober weekend!!!!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good news, Trachy! Yes, I absolutely trust marcher with my address! But we realized with the weddingy stuff that we couldn't always trust our neighbors with our address... We didn't get everything that friends said they sent... So I gave her our housemates moms addy. Nice, safe condos. marcher liked the street name.

I'm so stoked about the beanie!! So marcher, what sort of American artifact would you want in return?

Dee, glad you are getting used to your wheels with minimal physical harm...

Toots it's a bad thing to have busted wipers in the uk!!! Hope it's fixed quickly.

Sassy, hope you enjoy the visit to your former home town.

Budd, congrats on the new job!!! I used to date a gal who worked at the Keebler plant (they really call themselves Keebler elves, lol) and she preferred third shift too. She liked having the choice to see people or sleep in second shift times. They are lucky to have you! Wear your asbestos undies, I bet it's hot in there...

Not much to report. Work is craaaazy busy. My new part timer has worked several camp seasons, which are crazy, but she's a little overwhelmed by October. You expect July to be crazy, but October is just as crazy while being about twice as demanding. We do something different every day, our school programs are more academic and specialized, we have topical public offerings, special events... Plus the dang phone won't stop ringing!! Lol

C is doing pretty well in rehab. I can't be off work until his Monday visiting hour, but j saw him weds. She said he looked like hell, but was a lot calmer. I have told her a bit about what hard core alcohol withdrawal is like, but of course she doesn't really understand. I told her it's no surprise for him to look worse before he looks better.

As for us, we are still in house limbo. Haven't yet found a house we really want, but we're looking at one today. It's on the high end of our range though. And we don't have an offer on our place yet. Soooo just waiting for the universe to nudge us, continuing to just do our thing in the meantime.

Have a good one, marchers!
Old 10-09-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Paradise is all blue and yellow this morning, the weekend forecast is excellent, Mum is feeling much better after the heat, it's a good day.

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
So marcher, what sort of American artifact would you want in return?
Yourself and Trachy and everyone else on the doorstep would be excellent We. I needn't even go to Sydney to get you from the airport, Dee can tote you all down here on the back of the Red Racer. Heehee, can you imagine it? It would be the ultimate shotgun.

Seriously I want nothing in return, I was between big knitting projects and it was fun to knit something which will warm your heads this winter while I gloat about summer.

Ken I am so pleased that you have a job already! Have you worked those hours before? I never have but overnight excursions with high school kids were a bit of training in that area.

Sass are you still near your old home or are you back home on those lovely cliffs?

Have a good day all.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your new job Budd

at 10 clicks an hour (less with passengers) my trip might take a while Marcher LOL
Old 10-09-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

But, Dee, it would be awesome fun to ride with you!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Do you have a basket in the front? I can ride in that!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Trachy and We, you can look in your letter boxes in about a week's time I'd say, the parcels have left me if not the country.

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
But, Dee, it would be awesome fun to ride with you!
Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Do you have a basket in the front? I can ride in that!
I wish I could draw cartoons!
Old 10-10-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
No need for an L plate Marcher - can't get into too much trouble on the footpath at 6 km an hour

D
I used to drive a sweeper specifically designed to drive on the pavements, the first day I put a huge shop window out and later I demolished a bus stop!! Btw I had 13 controls to operate with one hand....

We... Car sorted now, hubby fixed it that night ( it was the Range Rover, I was too short to reach!

Budd congrats on the job Hun!

Trachy congrats on your good news too ( I mean not having to move as apposed to your beanie being finished but hey, that's good news too!)

Marcher I'm glad you are enjoying the good weather, think of me under dull grey skies for the next six months!

Hugs everyone, xx
Old 10-10-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL good thing I have insurance Toots
Old 10-10-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Dee, somehow I think you'd need more than insurance if we are all going to pile on your scooter with you