Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 25

Old 12-08-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 25

The last part has filled up so starting Part 25. You can find the prior thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4336196
Old 12-08-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, greeteachday.

Yay!! I've managed to snag the first post.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning Undies

Hope you all had a good week end, these Monday's come round far to quickly.

It took me so long to find this new thread I forgot what you all wrote in the previous one! Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
7.25 a.m here and still pitch black outside, I've been up for a while, having a coffee ( sorry D.G) and enjoying a bit of peace and quiet for as long as it lasts.

Thanks for the new thread greeteachday.

HI D.G, 1st the worst, 2nd the best, lol!

I'm not in work today so I'm going to pick my parents up at 9.30, drop my mum off in town so she can do some shopping and have some time to herself, bring my dad back here and put some music on for him.
This afternoon, I'm going to tidy the kitchen up, then pick the oldest two g.children up from school at 3.15, bring them back here, feed them and bath them ready for their mummy to pick them up when she finishes work and then I'm meeting my friend this evening for a bite to eat and a catch up chat.
No rest for the wicked!

Stay safe and sober Undies

Love to you all

Grace xxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're having some fun with your friend, Grace! Sounds like a relaxing time!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

A well deserved shotgun to celebrate your 8 months DG!! I feel a vested interest in your sobriety, having been there in the early days in the 30 day and under thread and the limericks. It is so good to see you going on so well in your sobriety, and adding so much to the value of SR. So a personal thank you, sweetheart, for being here in the SR family..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (63.3 KB, 103 views)
Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Grace, hope you have a great day. I haven't gotten round to emailing yet, but they good news is that it looks like our visas are going ahead at long last and I should be on, the move early in huge new year, probably around the third week in January. We will have 6 month initial visas so in case it all goes **** up ( a technical term, peeps ) we are not renting out immediately and Molly will be getting spoiled rotten at my mum and dads. Once the longer visas are approved I can come back and sort all that out. ( she says as if it's a doddle!)

Drake, I'm not giving up on my Danny Boy image, but I love the vision of you in a fit of the giggles!!

Gilmer, you are a sucker for punishment aren't you? Learning Hebrew? At least it will keep you busy!

I hope all our other undies manage to follow us across!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning All..just wanted to check in.
Hope everyone is doing well today.....
Monday mornings....I just don't like umm....

Jim
Old 12-09-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A relaxing time Gilmer?? Ha ha ( manic laughter) by the time I've taken my parents home and the g chids have gone home I'm usually begging for valium. ( joking)
I've known my friend since we were 16 and she hasn't a clue about my wine guzzling problem.

Toots, that sounds positive, fingers crossed, I'm scared of saying to much just in case! Just hoping all goes well now for you. I'll look out for your email.

Good morning Jim, well it's 14.30 here so Monday morning has been and gone, Hope all is well with you and you're back on a roll.

Gxxxx
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh no, a new thread. I'm too much of a scatterbrain to remember the old posts. Must catch up with them later today.

Gracie, Have a nice day with Dad! Then enjoy the time spent with your friends.

oops, must dash. Back later
Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Where is Dee? Is he ill? I like you, greeteachday, and i appreciate you, but I really hope Dee hasn't left us for good. That would be a great loss!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Oh no, a new thread. I'm too much of a scatterbrain to remember the old posts. Must catch up with them later today.

Gracie, Have a nice day with Dad! Then enjoy the time spent with your friends.

oops, must dash. Back later
Might be a scatterbrained, but other than young anniversary girl, it only us old farts who have found our way here so far!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Toots...new year..sounds exciting...Molly can live with me (and Jimmy) if you do not have space....
Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi everyone just hopping on real quick while at work. Everyone here at work very grumpy today and I wish I could just leave. On top of that woke up and saw sis had filled fridge with beer. I'm ok when there's wine which is always Bc I wasn't ever a wine drinker unless desperately searching for a buzz but beer on the other hand was my all day everyday choice. Makes me a little uneasy but just going to have to deal with it and avoid opening fridge more than necessary.

Just needed a lil vent space!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies.

Still here, still sober, still screwed up, still depressed - sounds like my regular routine now.

And also buried in snow, and my car looks like a giant snowbank. Where's global warming for crying outloud?

Congrats everyone on milestones!

Best wishes to all)
Old 12-09-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey, thanks for the reminder, Toots.

Hey, Drummer Girl, you rock! Congrats on the two-thirds!!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1386620833
Attached Images
thFLO5P74Q.jpg (8.8 KB, 92 views)
Old 12-09-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dear President Obama,

As we discussed earlier, that crazy Fife woman, Toots' is now in in final approach.

Should we consider raising the alert status?

Yours Truly,

Carlos
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1386621959

Oops, sent this to the wrong email address.
um um, congrats TOOTS'esss!!
Attached Images
thL6OAR7U5.jpg (8.9 KB, 94 views)
Old 12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

No jumping any guns Carlos, the visa hasn't been approved as yet! I will warn you when you need to go to def con one!! Cheeky monkey!

MB, I know it must feel like you are walking through treacle just now - frozen treacle at that with all the snow!) but you will be ok. I say that because I know. I know you have the spirit, the determination and the commitment to do what you have to do for a better life. I believe in you.

SJ, Molly won't be coming over for the first six months, just until we're sure we're stopping longer. No point up heaving her for such a short time. And my mum and dad dote on her, and he could really use the exercise which Molly will need, so benefits all round. I will miss my baby though :..-)

Bf, I know she's your sister, but it could slap the thoughtless insensitive ****, I really could! Save up for a wee fridge to keep in your room honey. I know that oughtn't to be the answer, but tbh I'm almost rendered speechless! Ok, so no ones going to believe that, but still! Sweetie, keep the faith. Sending you a loving hug as you totally deserve one for the crappy day you have had.

Gilmer, I haven't heard anything about Dee this time, but I'm sure we would have fit here was anything serious.

Ok guys, dozy Toots is up at sparrows fart tomorrow so will check in tomorrow night.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been ill for a few days....nothing serious at all
I wouldn't leave for good without some explanation...

Thanks to greet for starting the new thread
D
Old 12-09-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, Day 259. Busy day in the office today. I can home and went for a run, even in the rain. It is important to me to stick to a routine. I'm looking forward to my meeting tonight. AA has really helped me. I hope you all have a great week. If you get down, just think how much better you feel sober. We are courageous for living sober, and getting away from the chaos of the drinking. Be proud of yourself. I'm proud of all of you. You keep me sober by your words and comments. We are blessed to have this support thread. God Bless, Matthew
Attached Images
image-3394415214.jpg (51.4 KB, 91 views)
Old 12-09-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Relieved that all is well, Dee!