Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 25

Old 12-12-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hellllloooooooo everyone !!!
Gilmer !!! you little stinker---good for you. Congratulations --now you can sit back and enjoy the Holidays.
Toots, courage and everyone else thank you for the encouragement. I'm just sitting here like a proud pea ****. It was tough starting over but, I feel just great and haven't had any lows (not yet anyway) and I'm just so happy to be sober. I like how I feel and it seems my attitude is 100 percent. and You guys are the reason.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Gilmore great job in school!

Soberjim I also had a drinking dream last night. Glad it was just a dream!

Dottie nothing was mentioned about my ordering of a soda instead of alcohol last night. Which is always good for me so that I don't have to make up some reason.

Looking forward to the weekend I have another 3day one coming up and I am exhausted already from this week!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Love you guys! Babs, hope you have a productive day at work!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Will need to reread and really catch up soon. Busy day of running here and there. Grateful for a good book to listen to while driving. Should do at least 3 hours on the snowy roads. Can't wait till I smell like the beach...there should be a fragrance that smells like that. Gotta run. Carlos xx
Old 12-12-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I've had a really good day today. Spent quite a lot of time on various buses and now got my feet up and on here

Had to take my daughter for a dental check up and so took two buses to collect her from school, a bus to the dentist, check-up, then we went for lunch (goodness she was *hungry*) and then bus back to school, then two buses back for me. Needless to say I took the day off work in order to do this.

Oh, and no further dental work to be done - always a relief and worthy of a smile!!

That's all for now
Old 12-12-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Should have said really, really good day - one more really than yesterday. When I was about 6 or 7 years old I used to write almost the same thing in my school diary every day... 'I did whatever and whatever and then came home and had my tea. It was really good fun' LOL!!

I will try and not make my posts here like my childhood school diary, but no promises
Old 12-12-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Be as boring as you like, FG! We'll find you interesting!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey gang just checking in.... Hope you are all fandabbydozy... I'm on a 15 hour night shift... Happy days lol.

Take care....Steve.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

hi Steve---
Old 12-12-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I hate those drinking dreams, they can discombobulate me the next day. But at least dreams is all they are.

Gilmer you smarty pants, I am so proud of you! Please buy yourself a wee trinket as a treat. I hope your family all think you are the bees knees!!

Feeling good, any day that is the last day at the dentist is a good day to me! My toes curl up in my shoes as I lie on the couch, before the dentist has even approached me!

Carlos, is this you off on the start of you holiday jaunt?? I am so jealous of all the golf you will play, I haven been near my sticks for ages now, and with all the upheaval of Christmas and the move, I don't see me getting a game before I leave.

Dotty good luck for tonight, you will be fine, and I bet no one even notices that you are not drinking.

I have my works Christmas do on Saturday, and my boss joked it will also be my leaving bash. The last 2 works dos I have gotten smashed, not totally embarrassing, but they would be expecting me to drink Saturday. Obviously I won't be, I will be driving, as a good reason, but for me, I will be hugging my nine month anniversary to me that day, to remind me of how well I am doing, and how little I miss the blooming stuff!

Steve, I hope you are putting your self around looking for a new post, new year, new start, find an employer who treats you as you deserve.

Babs I so missed your happy little posts with your smilies jigging and cheering, you have to stay sober forever, just to keep those flowing!

Have a great Friday everyone, and a lovely weekend
Old 12-12-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

OHHHH Toots you bet, I hope to stay sober and jumping around like a fool. It's me.
ha ha -----hope everyone has a great Friday.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your results Gilmer

D
Old 12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Gilmer - congratulations on your masters results so far - that is a very impressive result
Old 12-12-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I wonder if going to that party is a good thing. I'm so shy and embarrassed, I'll want a drink as soon as I walk in.

On the other hand, I've never had trouble at parties before and it's good for contacts. So. I should go. It's only at 9 anyways...
Old 12-12-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

DP, you have to start going out sometime....sounds like now is the time. I, too, have the shy thing going. I've always found it's better to not be the first one at the party. That way every body else has a chance to loosen up. And you won't feel like your standing out. Just go in and grab a diet coke, so your hands will be full and ask someone about themselves. It will be ok!
Old 12-12-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I used to be the queen of the party, the last one to go and I was super loud. But that was when I drank. People will certainly notice how much I've changed. Elsewhere, this is my 11th month and I've been going to lots of dinners and parties but this Office Christmas one is the first where I feel shaky. I'm going now. Have a good evening everyone.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi all,
Dorothy, I hope the party goes well. Maybe because you're on your guard it will be better than you expect. It's the things that sneak up on us....

Toots, my husband is leaving town on my actual sober anniversary & I expect it will be my first night home alone. I guess I'll try to get to a meeting -- then probably eat spaghetti in bed while watching Breakfast at Tiffany's & crying. That's one idea, anyway.

Hope everyone is well. I'm burnt but still sober. (((undies )))
Old 12-12-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

So glad to finally be home. Work was a little crazy to say the least. Not to mention a relief employee filling in who smelt real strong of alcohol all day.

Carlos have a save and fun trip!!!

Dottie enjoy your party and sodas!!

Toots sounds like you already have a great plan for your event Saturday.

Only 1 more day of work to get thru then 3 day weekend. Woohoo
Old 12-12-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

HI Undies, just checking in and going to take a bit to catch up. Three Christmas parties this weekend, if the weather doesn't muck it all up. Normally by the last one (a Sunday evening affair) I would be wiped out, but not this year!

We are an active bunch of Undies I see. Lots of good, some setbacks and some struggles. But I know I can at least handle all that better with a booze free mind.

Love to all the Undies! Have a great weekend xo