Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 25

Old 12-09-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dee, Kiddo, didn't know you were sick. I'm sick, too. Tis the season.....
Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

just a little ongoing pain stuff Else....Hope you get well soon

D
Old 12-09-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Love tha labradoodle Matthew or is it a goldendoodle or a plain poodle !

I'm glad I found my way here. I couldn't post on the other thread and felt rather lost.

Toots, I told you it wasn't over until it's over. I'm psychic and knew somehow the visa would be back on the burner.

It snowed, hailed, rained here. Good thing I bought winter tires.

I decided to put some Christmas light and I found out it was a HUGE huge trigger. It's truly the first time in 11 months, my AV is that strong. If someone walked in with wine, I almost sure I couldn't or wouldn't resist. It's so mellow and peaceful and it all cries for a celebratory drink. oh boy. I'll go back to Allen Carr tonight.

That's why I'm so glad I can post again.

Cheers everyone.

DP
xoxo
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good for you for resisting, DP!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post
Love tha labradoodle Matthew or is it a goldendoodle or a plain poodle ! I'm glad I found my way here. I couldn't post on the other thread and felt rather lost. Toots, I told you it wasn't over until it's over. I'm psychic and knew somehow the visa would be back on the burner. It snowed, hailed, rained here. Good thing I bought winter tires. I decided to put some Christmas light and I found out it was a HUGE huge trigger. It's truly the first time in 11 months, my AV is that strong. If someone walked in with wine, I almost sure I couldn't or wouldn't resist. It's so mellow and peaceful and it all cries for a celebratory drink. oh boy. I'll go back to Allen Carr tonight. That's why I'm so glad I can post again. Cheers everyone. DP xoxo
She's a 6 year old Goldendoodle named Sophie. She truly is my best pal.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sophie is very beautiful and I bet she is very smart, too. Those are both very smart breeds.
A good dog is one of life's best gifts. Thanks for the picture. I love dogs.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

WWG Sophie is very cute!

Toots thanks I appreciate all your support.

Home watching tv in my room. It doesn't snow in my town but it was high 30s this morning and I don't have a heater so it was in the 50s inside. Lots of blankets is currently saving me tho!
Old 12-10-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've found you! lol - thought it had been quiet on the old thread

I didn't know you could get a Goldendoodle - just lovely!

I have a sore eye today and a lot of work to do today - better get it done....

Last edited by feeling-good; 12-10-2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: messed up smilies!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

feelin-good, sorry that your eye isn't feelin good. Glad you found your way to the new thread. Have a fun and productive day.

BF, that's the ticket...warm and alcohol dry! Toots is spot on, buy one of those dorm fridges, if possible.

MB, I remain steadfast in the positive vibes heading your way.

SJ, sweet offer to care for Molly. I take it that you live in a rubber house?

You rock, DP. Don't forget, I have a nice 2013 snobby sparkling h2o chillin out for us. Could be the "big contract", or just JP. JP means General Principals. Ask "The Big Man" why and he will tell you, "for JP, man". Now that's a testament to our secondary education in Western, PA. Just let me know, and I shall pop the top, Dotty.

Dee, glad to see you return. Cheers!

DG, I was in a rush all day yesterday. When I posted your 8 mos congrats I forgot to add how fortunate I feel to have a small part of watching your journey to freedom from the bondage of alcohol, weed and smokes. Thank you for all that you do to help us stay the course, Zen-Meister!

Well, must dash for now. Enjoy, Undies; and don't drink, okay?

Carlos xx

Oh, a quick ps: I have almost completed my research and it seems that St Croix has a nice mixture of AA meetings daily. So Gracie, it's back on...not running away, just a necessary battery recharge.
In fact I bought my strict diet material on Amazon yesterday (3 books). Dean Ornish, author of the most heart healthy diet known to man.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

Thank you all a lot for good wishes and vibrations!

I've done my work today that didn't let me relax during the weekend, had a conversation with my ex about my real estate issues - we've made to some agreement, and he surprisingly didn't even bug me much - apparently was just pressed for time). Still waiting for a call from the bank about the loan.

And here's the deal - I need... your permission for doing nothing tonight. Don't laugh at me) I haven't been to the gym for two days, and if I miss today it will be the third) So guess what - I am beating myself up for being non-productive, spending too much time on solving issues that could take less time, for doing my work for too long, etc.

But I just want to do absolutely nothing today - just watch boxing all the evening long (Stevie, I'll be watching Judah versus Malingaggi + undercards which makes about 5 hours!), and have tea, and then just fall asleep.

But I know myself - I will beat myself up all the way for not cleaning the flat, for not writing, for not working out, for not doing anything else.

So, I need your permission for this. Would you give me that?

Love you all.

Have a great day.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You have my full and complete permission to take a sanity day, MB. You'll be back at the gym tomorrow and you'll be ready to go! What a load off your mind it must be to have your real estate issues agreed upon.

Your brain (actually, your body, soul and mind--every fiber of your being) has been tied up in knots with this mess for months. Just crash for one evening. You need to recharge your system.

You'll be bright and energetic and in best form for tomorrow's day.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

MB, permission granted!

One DO NOTHING TODAY PASS is all yours.

I didn't want to deal with the crazy dude that scared me last week at the 5:30 meeting, so I blew it off. Planned to hit one at eight. I decided, I don't want to drive that far, so I blew that one off also.
Guess what, still sober.
We all deserve a break.
Bust out that best duvet and veg away.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...&d=1386680786t
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Nothingiscool[1].jpg (31.4 KB, 41 views)
Old 12-10-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yay!!! Got two reports completed - have not stopped all morning - now time for lunch - yum!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

That's great, FG!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

MB go for it. Everyone needs a day to recharge every now and then!!

Feeling good- great job completing your reports.

34degrees this morning and forced myself to take my dog for a walk. She acts like the cold doesn't bother her at all even tho she's real short hair. I like the idea about getting a lil fridge for my room. I used to have one awhile ago. I'll have to wait till I have some extra money before getting one tho.

Fighting a stupid cough that I really hope doesn't turn into a cold this morning. Think ill load up with some vitamin C!

Have a great day class
Old 12-10-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I was feeling good with the snow here at the crack of dawn. We had no food, so I went out and loaded the cart at the supermarket. Nobody was there at 6am. By the time I got out at 7, it had snowed another 2" and the roads had gotten surprisingly bad.

My husband is working from home today and my son has off from school, so I made a big snow day celebratory breakfast for them and my dad (Don't croak, Carlos! ): crisp bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs with cheese with coffee (they don't eat toast--they're all on Atkins).
Old 12-10-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I've gotten over my Thanksgiving freakout. I'm trying to grow to be less selfish in general. I do tend to be a princess!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey all..checking in...

MB...I think that is a great idea...gets some well needed R&R....

Dee...always nice to see your posts and that you are with us..

WWG...great picture...

Toots...I know you miss Molly..hey how could you not with that furry face of hers.....but sounds lie she has a good substitute for a while..(Jimmy is sad though..lol)
Old 12-10-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I regularly have holiday freak outs, too. Dont feel like the Lone Ranger there. Holidays used to be my signal to start drinking as soon a is got out of bed in the morning. I don't do that anymore ( thankful for that) but I do tend to get-dare I say it? CRABBY! Then, of course, nobody likes me. So I have to go around atoning. I feel so guilty. And that makes me crabbier......life is a circle it's true.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Glad to see everyone is doing well....I'm still working stupid hours and I'll also be working stupid hours all over Xmas and New year...Still eating like crazy and still smashing the gym...

Miss being an undie lol as the one year and over thread is a little slow...

Take care gang....Steve.