Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 25

Old 12-10-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

You've got a permanent position of honor here, Stevie!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Steve, once an Uundie always an Undie! No getting away mate!

FG, hope you eye is feeling better

MB I give my permission! In fact I will exercise on your behalf! One push up on its way!

SJ I'm going to be skyping mum and I have to be able to see Molly or I won't talk to mum!! Lol. Well, just spent 2 hours filling in the application for my visa, and have my appointment with the American embassy in London next Tuesday. So if any one can offer any tips on what to say or not to say....... Hmmm, Carlos, don't take offence. Sweets, but I think I will pass on your advice, I have a feeling anything you suggest is more likely to get me locked up than a shiny new stamp in my passport!!! Lol

Gilmer, elsewhere, girls with attitude! Yay!

BF, Molly has lots of thick fur, but she still has a smart red coat for when it's really cold or wet.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

DG - Belated Congratulations on 8 months of sobrietyI find you simply amazing that you have given up three addictions all at once. I hope you found a great way to celebrate this important milestone.

Gilmer - Thank you for asking about the cake. It didn't quite turn out But, I got Steve a huge bouquet of roses in a vase and he seemed to be touched by that. H looked so happy and it was truly a heartwarming experience celebrating his 26 years of sobriety.

Welcome Elsewhere and Renarde This group has been incredibly support, wise and kind. You truly could not find a better group of people.

WWG - Your Sophie is adorable!

DP - I really enjoyed the link that you provided. I fit the too introverted and timid description to a tee! I found the advice to express grace, humility and elegance to be fascinating. I actually wrote it down and will try to incorporate these characteristics.

MB - I think you have everyone's permission to have a day to just chill out and relax. We all need days like that. I probably take more days like that than I should, but I am still learning self-care and learning how to relax without alcohol.

Toots - It sounds like you have a really good plan for Molly when your visa comes through. Thank goodness for Skype where you can see Molly.

The weather here has been pretty bad. There was an ice storm on sunday, but I ventured out to my meeting. I really didn't expect to have anyone show up. I was happy that two gentlemen did show up. One was only three weeks sober and made it through thanksgiving where everyone else was drinking sober. The other gentlemen almost died from alcoholism. He was drinking a gallon of liquor a day and his organs were shutting down. I hadn't realized Dan's alcoholism had gotten that bad. I am always impressed with his dedication to his sobriety and his shares. He had just gotten off work and said he knew there would be a meeting available. That made me feel really good. The topic was highly relatable. It was about a woman celebrating 20 years of sobriety and the twenty reasons she was grateful for her sobriety.

Feeling a little down today. I had to pick up Simba's ashes this afternoon. They did give us a beautiful box with his little nametag. I just thank God for giving me that sweet angel for 17 years.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

DP. Upstream from here someone mentioned a link that addressed people who are introverted and timid. I could not find the entry. I wonder if you would mind putting in the link again. It looked very interesting to me. Thanks
Old 12-10-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
DP. Upstream from here someone mentioned a link that addressed people who are introverted and timid. I could not find the entry. I wonder if you would mind putting in the link again. It looked very interesting to me. Thanks
You might mean the link that Dorothy posted for all us introverts: How to interact with the introverted... - The Meta Picture

I just looked at it again, Dorothy -- love it, especially after nonstop human contact over the last few days. I need my hamster ball!!!! (Today was a good day. I think I spoke to two people.)
Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hum, I think it has more to do with this link here:
How To Find Your Core Gifts In Your Greatest Challenges | Psychology Today

Tanya was quoting my own words . It was in the part 24 thread...but I don't have to courage to go back and find it.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

OK found it. I felt rather deep that day...LOL

Here is what I wrote:

.... I've been thinking a lot about self-esteem and started reading this psychotherapist who writes for Psychology Today. Okay, it's a bit psychopop and corny at times but at others, it helps a lot. He basically says that our truest gifts are in the things we're most ashamed of. If we're too introverted and timid, and desperately want to change that, there's perhaps grace and humility and elegance needing to be expressed too. If we're too loud, impulsive and bigger than nature (me;(), expression, spontaneity and purity are the expression of these.

So because so many of us undies hate some part of ourselves deeply, well it seems like it in some us, I'd like to share this linK;
How To Find Your Core Gifts In Your Greatest Challenges | Psychology Today

there you go. There was also another link that explain how it's not necessary to always express gratitude, and it's quite a relief at times if you don't feel it. and it was that one:
The Healing Gift of Non-Gratitude | Psychology Today

It was for Matthew. OK, am going ot bed now, it's starting to be so late.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi all quick pre work post.
Tanja hope you are not too upset, have you plans for Simbas ashes?
I hope my introverted Undie friends are all well. Go smile at 2 strangers today, someone serving you doesn't count. And remember there are more introverts out there than we let on, there is no secret handshake. So assume the person in front of you finds it just as difficult to speak out, and say something to put them at their ease. That's what I do.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

Thank you so much for your permission. I really had a good rest yesterday, and feel better today. It is good that I feel better and can face the news I got from the bank that they didn't approve my loan. Oh, well. I just hope that everything that happens - happens somehow for the best.

I have to figure out my next options now.

Have a good day, Undies)

My hugs to all.

And, Dorothy - thank you so much for this article! Just the kind I've been looking for! Oversimplification - exactly.

Best wishes to all. See you later)
Old 12-11-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So sorry about the loan, MB.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

Just another day at the salt factory. I plan to draw some joy through interaction today. Thanks for the focused push there Tootsie.

It looks like I have about 2 more full days left here, then the cleanup and distribution of items will be complete. I did find so many wonderful family air looms. I am in the process of reprinting and framing many as gifts. Years ago there was a place where you could do your own framing. I loved that place. I would get lost in the creative potential. Since I am on deadline to get to Tampa by car by Christmas I am just having it done by others.

A note to the wise. Wherever your family roots exist, start looking through those family jewels while the elders and keepers are still living. Disburse them early. Let all the family revel in the past. Doing it all this at once, with sooo much stuff to sort out after the fact is really overwhelming. All of which has me dying to at least get present tense, when this should be enjoyed. Like most anything, small doses do not harm.

Countless letters from family in Spain, my grandparents marriage certificate that is 87 years old and really a piece of art, the family seal, a letter from President Harry S. Truman to my Dad for his service during WWII, and on and on. Our walls will dance with pride FINALLY showing these things off.

Here's the deal, DG. My new friend revealed her age in a share yesterday. Turns out that she is but 3 years younger than me. Wow, I was guessing a decade younger. Age appropriate, you bet.

My plan is simple. Prior to leaving we will have a coffee. I will ask if she wants to keep in touch occasionally...like once a month. Down the road if something happens from that, then it was meant to be. There will have been no pushing the envelop.

Well, 7am and I must dash. Thanks for reading my ramble, if you actually did.

My best to all Undies this hump day. Remember, don't drink, okay?

Carlos xx
Old 12-11-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
So sorry about the loan, MB.
MB, missed that on a cross post. I'll add my name to that "sorry"...coupled with positive vibes for the eventual alternative lurking out there.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about the loan too MB. Hopefully you can work something else out

D
Old 12-11-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Carlos, my mother-in-law has always talked about her relatives from generations gone by. So one year I joined Ancestry.com and dug up a lot of information based on her stories and put together about seven scrapbooks on the various branches of her family. It was utterly fascinating!

My father-in-law wanted me to do one on his family, too--but his parents were dead, and their letters to the old country had disappeared.

I did one on my dad's side of the family--got back to my great-great-great grandfather, a coal miner who came over from Wales. I really wanted to do one on my mom's side, but couldn't find either her or my grandfather's name on board any of the ships.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
p***enger

MB, I'm sorry about the bank's decision. I don't know where you live, but it's really hard to get loans in the US nowadays. I hope you find another solution.

Carlos, my mother's personal property was all disbursed last April & July over the course of about 3 days among her 4 children & one overly interested daughter-in-law. Most of the disbursees were drinking most of the time, some quite a lot, and there were numerous bystander spouses & grandchildren who were largely soused. It was not a good process. I sympathize with you for what you've been going through.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

MB, I hope you will find an alternative that will be both good for your wallet and your heart.

Carlos, you seem like you're in better spirits.

Toots, bring Molly over, I'll come to Boston and dogsit her free of charge !

Grace, you seem very busy. I hope you're doing well and take time to take care of yourself too.

Steve, did you have your 12 egg scrambled or turned over this morning ? Any plans on asking for less hours at work ?

Today, I'm sending some CVs. What else is new. I just need a well paid part-time job to live properly. I don't ask for much...I was listening to a brilliant CBC program on Degrowth. How we could all take less money, work 4 days a week so that there would be work and money to circulate for everyone. It's a HUGE change of minds, a revolution really but one which we will be force to make because the planet cannot sustain that much consuming, that much production...Until then, I'll try to participate as much as I can to a degrowth economy. I'm already doing it by force anyways. LOL.

Have a great day everyone. Babs are you still there ?

And where is PIppoRossi ? I hope she still is sober.

DPx
xxo
Old 12-11-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I am just lurking about here, trying to get to know everyone. I feel like the new kid at school. We're coming out of the deep freeze we've been having. The water is back, the furnace is working and I'm still going....if not strong then at least steady. Everything is all disorderly but I am quiet inside right now and not using. With this sick cold and all, I kind of look like a truck ran over me. But, oh well. Have a good day all.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

You have a good day, too, Elseware! You probably look fine. We're always our own worst critics!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Elseware

D
Old 12-11-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

HI Undies---How is everyone doing? Been busy trying to get my act together and it's been two weeks so, feeling pretty good. in fact, I'm feeling great. Just checking in to say hi !
Babs