Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 5

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

D
Old 08-24-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marcher

What? OMG! Shotgun!
I've never, ever been first on a thread! What a fine thing.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Moms,

What a long and exhausting day at the shower, but I made it through. It was hard, though, which is probably why I feel so drained? We got to the shower early to help and my SIL's Mom started making the pee punch (sangria). It looked so yummy with all of the fresh fruit and, of course, big bottle of wine she put in it. I thought about having a sip just to "see how it tasted" and said so much to my Mom. She just looked at me, said "I wouldn't do it if I were you" and walked away. So, I didn't do it. Instead I poured a lemonade and a bunch of cookies Then one of my SIL's best friends had to leave the shower early because she kept getting sick in the bathroom. SIL then told me she was just hungover from the night before. Unfortunately for her, it was just the reminder I needed to stay strong.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I made it. Even though I didn't drink, I still felt irritable and "off" (kind of like you described Bebetter) most of the day. I just want to be able to enjoy these types of events and not have it be so hard to not think about drinking. I feel like it still "consumes" me and I hate that Guess it is going to take some time, but when will I just be able to enjoy a beautiful day with family/friends without obsessing over not being able to drink?

Thanks for being here, ladies. Feels good just to get it all out and be honest
Old 08-24-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marcher

Thanks for sharing Ladybug. You are lucky to have your mom in this with you. I know you're exhausted, but you'll probably feel better tomorrow, and with 100% less hangover regrets! Sleep well! You did it!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job Lady! Glad you made it through. Laying here with a full bladder, and too lazy to go to the bathroom. Ugh, suppose if I want to go back to sleep I had better:-)
Old 08-25-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done ladybug! That's amazing! Woohoo

Sunny you really made me chuckle too

Am currently sat in bed with hubby and 3 yr old with pepper pig on tv

Best go and feed the baby - have a good day ladies xxxxx
Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job, Ladybug - how are you feeling today?

I feel like a total trainwreck today. I exploded at my husband this morning and burst out crying, I have cramps and feel so fat and bloated, I have no energy, and I have wanted to run away all day. Instead, I'm trying to make a meal plan for what feels like the end of all time, and I started some dough for French bread for dinner tonight. I'm stressed about the work I need to finish for my job today, and just feel so unhappy and unfulfilled with life. My attitude is completely in the dumps and I really hope it's just hormones and not some kind of awful new normal. This has been the worst period so far. Since I quit drinking, it seems out of control - like my hormones have readjusted. Sorry if too much info, but I literally did not want to leave the house yesterday because I was bleeding so much. It's gotten worse and worse the past 3 months. I have an IUD and read that it can cause more bleeding, so maybe that's it. I just don't feel like having willpower anymore - not over my drinking, not over my eating, not for exercising. This better lift soon or I don't know how I'm going to function.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Aww, sending you hugs Bebetter. Sorry you are feeling so bad, but I can relate. Since I quit drinking my periods have been a lot more regular AND heavy. So bad that, like you said, I don't feel like leaving the house or doing anything. My hormones have been all over too. It sucks, I know. Sometimes I feel like it would just be better if I went back to drinking. BUT, we know that is only our AV talking. Hang in there. I do believe it has a lot to do with hormones. See how you feel in a week or so. Maybe take the rest of day and curl up on the couch with a good book or movie?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marcher

Bebetter, maybe you just need to take some time for yourself. Don't forget we are recovering from a disease. And you are still in early recovery really. I had lots of emotional ups and downs. I hadn't felt feelings in so long, I was overwhelmed by them. They seem to come out of nowhere! But slowly I have adjusted to how they feel and I can accept them more readily. That being said, I still have my fragile moments, just not as often. It will get better, because if it didn't, no one would stay sober.
I practice deep breathing and it is very, very helpful. Maybe you can look into that?
Sending you big warm fuzzies this afternoon!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh...so sorry you are feeling down (and lousy) Bebetter! Hang in there...your period will be over in a few days, and you will feel better, but you might not if you drink. I know you can do this...you are stronger than those hormones raging!

Kick ass and take names...you got this!!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Marcher

Yes! Everything that Dolly said, Bebetter!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bebetter - I'm sorry. We all know how you feel. There are the days when everything is just overwhelming and you feel negative all around. My mom calls those the "F U you Fing F's" Kind of days. You just have to let yourself have those, don't rush through it, just embrace it.

Sunday and I've tried to keep myself busy all day. My husband left on another business trip this morning (I thought he wasn't leaving until tomorrow) and he's back on Tuesday. I drove by the liquor that happens to be right around the corner from my house and could taste the mimosa. I wanted nothing more than a long brunch out on a patio and to feel a little bit buzzed and then I hear "No one will know." While at the grocery store it seemed like every aisle had some sort of wine and X display or maybe I was just hyper sensitive? I was meeting a girlfriend for lunch and thankfully she isn't a big drinker because I don't know if I could have declined one mimosa (or crafe), instead we ate outside and I had about 6 diet cokes... Since I've been home, I'm trying to stay distracted, we'll likely go to bed early. I wanted to go to dinner with some friends but I know it would be too hard to not get drinks today. Day 13 is proving to be a little more uncomfortable. Ugh.... so tired of having to be so responsible - which is the worst trigger of all. Guess I'll have another sparkling water...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey babs, you are doing fine today. Making good, albeit difficult , choices. Keep it up!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Part 5!!!! I've missed so much be back at the beach this last week trying to soak up the last if the summer. Today is day 140 20 weeks crazy!

Hope you are all doing well
Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

wellLady bug I can certainly relate to the wish I could enjoy parties and not obsess about drink.... I actually crave it more as I am getting ready and once there usually am ok... I ahve started to have a power nap for an hour before I have to get ready it ind of sets me up... I feel exhausted today.......loooooooooong busy week last week and just want to lie in bed and read a good book BUT the house is mess and I need to sort that! Be Better I just kept wanting to burst into tears on thursday....felt tot overwhelmed by life ......got period of friday....think that answered my question why cant I cope with life¬¬
Old 08-26-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunnyc5 View Post
.... I actually crave it more as I am getting ready and once there usually am ok...
I would have to say that I am the same way. I used to "pre-party" before any occasion, my myself, in hiding, of course. So it is still hard to fight the urges when I am getting ready for things now. Oh the things we did to ourselves

Day 25 and not sure how I feel today. Need more coffee, I think. Can't believe this is the last week of August! It seems like yesterday that I was struggling to make it through a sober Memorial weekend. Now this weekend is Labor Day (for us in the states, anyway). The summer has flown by, but at least I can remember it all and wasn't in a fog for most of it. Have some great memories and lost 7 lbs ... all benefits of not drinking Now we just have to keep going. Trying not to think ahead to how it hard the winter and upcoming holidays will be, grrrr.

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good Morning Moms/Mums -

Day 14 here and I'm still feeling a little jittery (maybe is too much coffee this morning). I have an event on Wednesday night for work and I'm already trying to plan getting around the offers of booze. Sometimes, I plan and plan and then once its there it all goes to ****. Husband is in town on Wednesday though, so that should help. I'm really hoping Husband can watch baby while I'm gone and I don't have to call a babysitter, last time she watched the baby I was way too drunk when I got home... ugh. I'll have to face her again. I'm mortified in front of my 21 year old babysitter.

Day 14 today... 2 weeks and no binge. this is usually the 'witching hour' for me. 2 weeks and I start to climb the walls... better work out tonight and get this energy out. Productivity helps quiet the voices. Guess I better get on it.

Happy Monday ladies. Everyone (in the states) preparing for Labor Day and the bbq's and parties?
Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great job on 2 weeks, Babs! I haven't had to face the test of husband going away on a business trip yet. Well, last time I did, back in April, I drank. I feel stronger now, but still don't know how I would do. I admire you for staying strong and getting through your hubby being away
Old 08-26-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Marcher

Way to go Babs! You've learned what works for you and are putting it into action, that's the whole point of this.
Everyone here is really doing well lately, despite the hormonal shifts. Have our periods synced or something? I thought that only happened when women were actually physically near each other?
I don't know what our labor day is going to look like yet. Some charred meat for sure.
Good sober day, Moms!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well done Babbs! Congrats on 2 weeks

Have had a crazy weekend so will catch you all properly later

I also got my period today - looks like I'm tuned in too!! Freaky!

Hope everyone's ok - I'm still hanging in there on day 37 - although still smoking - doh xxxxxx