Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 30

Old 05-02-2024, 03:10 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Dragon, we had so much rain last week, it finally has gone a way for a bit
Astro, I never heard of them before, looked them up. They sound pretty good. You have quite the experiences and responsibilities.
Star, I would not think so regarding the fillings. I did have one removed as there was a small issue right next to it. She is trained in SMART removal.
I have had a lot of dental work..crowns, root canals, implant with bone graft. Sure is darn expensive.
Happy day all
Old 05-02-2024, 03:39 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I have a young work friend who his currently getting her fillings replaced. I'd never heard of that before.
Two co-workers had a bit of a blow out yesterday (They both sit across from me) Some yelling then one stomped off and left for the afternoon. Might be a bit tense in the office today, tho I fully expect the one who stomped off will be working from home today. But first, I'm off to see my Physiotherapist (Left rotator cuff/stiff shoulder).

Environment Canada have heeded my complaints and added some sunshine for the weekend. Though I'm sure it a ruse.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:40 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Up and looking like a good day! Have a nice one everyone!
Old 05-02-2024, 05:03 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Up bright and early and no going back to bed.

ST I left work at the PO once due to a coworker’s loud hostility towards the world. She was kicking file cabinets and cussing after a run in with a customer that she’d told off. She did that a lot with no repercussions. I’m the one who got in trouble after calling my boss and saying a bad word when I hung up in front of a customer. They couldn’t stick me with AWOL or an unscheduled absence because I had called and notified I was leaving. Management never did know how to deal with her outbursts. Strange office environment especially for the postal service and their violence track record.

We have semi decent weather with 50’s forecast. Rain and snow mixed in but no accumulation. I’ll take it! In the past we have been dumped with snow in May. Knock wood.

Aly I hope the newspaper situation gets better. My day used to be off kilter with no morning paper. It’s delivered with the mail now so I unsubscribed. I do miss it.

Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:40 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Halfoween lol I love it!

Good lord it's gonna feel good when I can eventually catch up on sleep. Managed to get 5 hours last night. Tonight will be an early release though, graduation ceremonies don't run too late.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:58 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Coffee and random pic.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:31 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Val, it's interesting how some organizations have a decades long record of poor responses to potential violent behavior from coworkers. I have a friend whom was a carrier starting in the 1980's and he said it was like that even back then. It's a shame that it continues to be a toxic environment for so many even today.

Get some rest Astro!

Dragon, that is awkward. My little part time gig is mostly 20 year olds and the drama amongst them just makes me roll my eyes. It's so unnecessary and takes away from the idea of working as a team.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-02-2024, 08:00 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

We didn't get a newspaper this morning. I feel for my mom because she is off kilter if she doesn't get it. SG, boy am I trying to think nice things about the paper person, even though I want to put my hands around his neck and squeeze.
I'm going to therapy today and I don't want to, but I am lucky to be able to go and I didn't get the insurance thing straightened out, so I'll have to talk fast.
I hope mom had an ok time yesterday. My sister came with us and I dropped her leftovers all over. It was good for her to get out. Poor thing is getting so old. It's not the mom I remember.
Have a great day. I feel like I need more sleep. I'm tired this morning for some reason. Anyhow, love and peace to you all, some of my most favorite peeps here!
Old 05-02-2024, 11:52 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning earlies, according to my weather app it was -2°C in London on 2nd May 1902. Here on 3rd May 2024 it's 10°C (~50F)
Old 05-03-2024, 02:31 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

It’s payday and I just might end up at the local nursery after work for some more plants…..
Old 05-03-2024, 02:47 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Set my new alarm clock to be sure I get up on time today. Coffee boiling on the stove, I'm ready to greet the new day...life is good.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:02 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Coffee and SR to start the day off right.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-03-2024, 03:20 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

We had actual sun yesterday with warmth yesterday. Woot woot.
Happy day all
Old 05-03-2024, 03:23 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Up at 5:30 after a good night of sleep. Coffee time!

Have a good day friends ☼
Old 05-03-2024, 03:25 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Up with coffee…life is good.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:41 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I have a long history with my company. Some years ago (late 1990's or early 2000's I think?) it was a culture of bullying, from the top down. Luckily it didn't affect me too much due to my position at the time. There were a few purges and attitude adjustments and it's been a great place since. Some people even came back to their old jobs. Today, it seems, the problem is retention of young people.

On this day it was -9.3 in 2008 and +31.9 in 1980.

Happy Friday! (Not a payday for the Dragon household).
Old 05-03-2024, 03:57 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

T.G.I.F.F.
Thank God It's Flower Friday
Old 05-03-2024, 07:32 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Zen, love the skeletons!
Gator, sending you love and prayers and hoping you are well.
The neighbor pulled out of her carport and I found 3 newspapers under her car hidden in the leaves. I guess I'll have to take a broom out with me and try to get them. SG, I'm trying to have good thoughts for this person. They are obviously very unhappy and I have to remember that is sad. The newspaper saga...
It is going to be really nice, but I think a little warm today. My mom and I didn't have a good day yesterday. I hope today is better. I really do love her, I don't know why my patience gets so tested with her. I love her and I know she's declining and I think I am having a hard time dealing with it. Sometimes I get mad that things can't be the way they used to and I know that doesn't even make any sense. I've been kind of sad lately. Life can be hard sometimes. That's why we're here, supporting each other and I so appreciate you all. Hopefully things will get better.
So grateful for all of you. Wishing you all a wonderful day.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:16 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
I have a friend whom was a carrier starting in the 1980's and he said it was like that even back then. It's a shame that it continues to be a toxic environment for so many even today.
Isn't that where the term "going postal" comes from? ​​​​​​​ My son-in-law (who doesn't care for me) works for the USPS and also describes it as very toxic and hostile.

I've got a wellness visit with my Dr. this afternoon and then wife and I are just going to relax at home which sounds perfect to me. Need a break after three evenings of events and I have two baseball games to work over the weekend.

((((Aly)))) I can relate, I've been a little emotional lately about aging and watching my brothers get older, we're all struggling with something and I'm thankful we receive support here on SR and from other people in our lives
Old 05-04-2024, 12:00 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hope today/tomorrow is better for you Aly

Awake before 2am, way too early