Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 17

Old 05-06-2022, 06:02 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Good morning. Slept well even with a nap yesterday.

CK you are living the utility dream. My budget billing for gas and electricity went from $141.00 to $162.00 monthly. Granted it would help if the thermostat was up to date but the windows are ancient and there is no weatherproofing in this old house. I bundle up like you SG. Then the water garbage bill averages $75.00 monthly. Yard is well watered so I just don’t get it. It cancels out the cheap rent for sure. Anyway it could always be worse I guess. At least we have utilities! SG I forgot on the East Coast you purchase heating oil that way. I’d be layering up more also.

How did your bp check go Aly? Send for some tourist brochures on Portugal and keep your dream vacation alive.
An adventure to look forward to is a good thing.

Today I have no excuse to put off yard work. The weather will be fine and I have no place to cleanup for in the big world.

My recovery is still on track and I’m praying I keep it going. No days off or escaping through other peoples issues.

A great Friday to everyone!
Old 05-06-2022, 09:12 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

So good to see you all.
Wishing you all a wonderful day to some of my favorite people.
Val, so glad to hear you're doing what you need to. That can be a biggie when you're not feeling so well. I really need to go grocery shopping but I still feel a little icky from my shot, surprisingly. Sometimes the more I let things go, the more anxious I get. The games my head plays with myself sometimes.
CK and SG always good to see you. That is a lot of money. I suppose your heat and a/c gets pretty high too. Our a.c is through the roof. I don't even want to keep track. I can't believe how much it cost to put a half a tank of gas in my little car. Hope you all are well.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:06 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Val, BP was in the normal range, the second time she took it. She started talking about how great our ex president was and I was thinking, if she doesn't shut up my BP will be through the roof. Finally she said she she stop talking, not a bad idea, and it went down at least 10 points.
Thank you so for asking.
I'm taking a look at The Zoo. I love that show. So cool. I wish I could volunteer at one, but I'm afraid my back wouldn't hold out. It seems like a lot of volunteers are interns for PhD programs and things like that. I would just love to work with elephants or almost animal there. How cool would that be??? For me anyway. I can't organize a household very well, but when I had barns, they were always so clean and ran on a dime. I'm better at outdoor things I think. I just don't seem to be very domestic.
Love again to the best!
Old 05-06-2022, 11:55 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you ladies are doing okay.

It rained non stop all day yesterday and supposed to again today. I love unloading trucks in the rain. Not!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 05-07-2022, 03:16 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Up at 5
We should have a whole week under the sun - no clouds ☼
Bbq time!

Glad everybody is doing good.

Have a good day Earlies friends
Old 05-07-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good morning. Up an hour before I had the alarm set for.

I did actually motivate and clean off the patio. It was so bad I used a snow shovel. Obviously I had not done anything in the fall after the leaves had blown in. I’m having an Advil morning and there is still so much to do but one step at a time. I thought I would sleep well from the physical exercise but nope. Tonight maybe.

I received a surprise call to interview today at a counseling business. I don’t know if I’m qualified. The real office world has moved on but I’m going! It is in a beautiful historic home downtown and that will be a treat to see in itself. I’ve been in there once when it was an Italian restaurant at least 30 years ago. I’m excited.

Gdaughter will be here this afternoon to “help” in the yard.

Aly I am glad your bp went down. Steam would have been coming out of my ears. Politics and bp aren’t a good mix.

A busy day ahead.
Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:17 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Have a great Saturday, Early friends. I woke up at 6 but stayed in bed. I got up, got ready and dressed, but I'm back in my bed going through SR. Then I have to get up and go shopping.
Val, my mother is so dead set against me using any of those services. Right now, she's the one paying for it and we've gotten into fights about it. She is completely certain they will mess things up. Even though she knows it really bothers me to shop, she clearly doesn't care and it adds to the resentment, which I am really working on trying to let go of. Praying to let go of! No wonder I get headaches. Oh well, once I get there and into it, I just put my head down and do what I have to. I have some prescriptions I get at this one store, so I have to do that as well.
Love and peace to you all. Hi CK. SG, sending good vibes for an easy work weekend for you. 💗☮💟💞
Old 05-07-2022, 11:42 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you got a surprise call for the interview Val. Who better to counsel others than one with real life experience?

Day three of rain. It is getting old at this point. I was soaked from head to toe yesterday. Got 28k steps in yesterday trying to keep flowers and plants filled up in the store.

Went to bed at 6:30 last night.

Have a good day/Mother's Day all!
Old 05-08-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Up way to darn early. Listened to a guided morning meditation and rolled out of bed.

I will be yard working maybe in light rain. The bin will be full for pickup on Thursday anyway. I do need to purchase some cheap mulch but that can wait till tomorrow or Tuesday when the store is not packed with happy gardeners.

SG I would just be the receptionist but it is such a serene environment. The owner is into meditation and spirituality and I love the building. I shall see what the universe has in store for me.

Hope your grocery trip was successful Aly. I guess you have to go with the flow with your mother since she’s in charge of that. Maybe look at it as a way to get out and treat yourself with something while you’re there. Portugal research continuing? You deserve a vacation.

I’m off to feed the critters and do some morning yoga after Advil kicks in.

A safe happy Sunday to everyone.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:23 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good luck, Val. I hope something comes through, esp in a nice, serene environment!
I only did part of the shopping so I'll have to go back today later I guess. Hopefully today. I was thinking it wouldn't be so crowded a little later. I can be such a procrastinator! I was thinking I would just take it slow. I don't have a huge list which is nice, so I can pick out something I want! Great idea!
I got my mom a mother's day card and told her we could go out where ever she wanted. None of us wanted to go out on the holiday. It's usually disappointing.
Happy mothers day to our moms!
I woke up at 6, today and yesterday. My mom and I both have been napping until recently. I love laying in sometimes.
Have a great day all my early friends. Love and peace to you all. 💗☮💟💞
Old 05-09-2022, 04:23 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Definitely a different environment than the car lot Val!

You definitely did not want to shop this weekend Aly. I put that off too!

Have a good day all!
Old 05-09-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning.

SG is this the start of your weekend? You must be in darn good shape to do 28k steps in the rain and awfully tired. I forgot about it being Mother’s Day weekend when I read your previous post. Hope you catch a break. Nope I do not want to work at a car lot again. That job is actually open full time now and no way would I apply for it. 53 hours per week sitting there would be mind and keister numbing.

We are in the midst of a Wyoming wind festival until Wednesday. At least hairdos are optional and expectations are low.

Today is the babysitting in car day for my daughter while she runs in the steakhouse to apply for a job. She learned procrastinating from me I’m afraid. I’m also dropping off my list of references at my potential dream job environment. I’m procrastinating putting gas in my car due to the wind!

Aly did you put off shopping? Everyplace is better to shop at on weekdays. Fresh flowers are probably on sale if there are any left and maybe chocolate.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:04 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Val, I did not go. I slept so much. I've never had a pfizer booster before, only moderna, which I've only had until I got the booster late last week. I think I really got some effects.
My mom said she'd look at Not Hill and see if she could order for delivery for us. Yay! I think she knows I'm trying, just not feeling physically great.
Love and peace to you all. 💗☮💞
Old 05-10-2022, 05:59 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning.
I slept well back on normal medications. I take amitriptyline for fibromyalgia at night and forgot the morning grogginess that comes with it but that is ok. Coffee fixes that one quick.

I dropped off my reference info yesterday at the dream job house yesterday so now I wait. I’m still applying for others also. Keeping my fingers crossed. I do have an interview this morning on Google meet for basically senior companion work. I don’t know if I’d really enjoy or be good at that.

We are having beautiful mid sixties weather with no darn wind today. I’m breaking out the grill and having the son and Gdaughter over tonight. Have you been doing bbq CK?

Aly I hope you are feeling better. I luckily never had reactions to the shots.

A good sunny Tuesday to everyone.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:29 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Funny that your old job is open again, Val. I hope your dream job opens up for you.

I postponed most of my shopping until today. I needed a break from people for a day.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-10-2022, 08:03 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good luck Val.
Woke up early. Our groceries are being delivered this morning. I heard Mercury was in retrograde so I'm hoping nothing gets messed up. I hope it works out, it would save me a lot of anxiety if I could get my mom on board with this.
SG, glad you took some time.
Hi CK!
💗☮💞
Old 05-11-2022, 01:47 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Back to work this morning. We had two gorgeous days of low 70's weather. Putzed around in the yard and chilled outside yesterday. Kind of low energy but not in a bad way, just recuperating.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-11-2022, 06:11 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Good morning.
I woke up early and am sitting outside watching the squirrels. It’s going to be a stay home and stay off the phone day. Ex daughter in law and daughter are on their own today. No drama allowed. I’m doing laundry and filling up the yard waste bin and whatever I want. I’m keeping the phone off and buried!

I hope all went well with the delivery yesterday Aly and you feel better soon. I never had any reactions to the vaccine. I’ve read it works better if you do. I was closely exposed at the car lot and didn’t get sick. Who knows.

I just realized I’m very grumpy. I going to listen to a guided meditation and start the day over.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday and happy Monday SG.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:32 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good for you Val, sometime rebooting can make all the difference.
Doing my laundry. To my gladness, both machines were working and no one else was in there. Yay.
The grocery delivery worked out well except my mother forgot a bunch of things so I have to go back anyway. Patience. Sometimes she wastes so much time because of her stubbornness. It's her way or the highway. I love her to bits but she can really try my patience. Working on that.
SG, so glad you were able to rest.
CK, hope you're well out there.
Love to you all. 💗☮💟💞
Old 05-12-2022, 12:41 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Covid is ripping through my store currently. I am one of the few people who still where a mask, and most of my employees and customers just don't care anymore. I am debating on getting my second booster, since I had Covid in January. My daughter in high school stopped masking, as did all the other kids, because it isn't cool. So I know she will bring Covid back home even if I am not exposed at work, which isn't likely. I still have to get my second Shingles shot in a month or so too.

Glad the laundry got done Aly. I am doing some now pre work.

Have a good day all!