Do Pot and AA mix?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fair enough Kev.
I was making a joke really - I'm not disparaging your point of view, although I don't entirely share it

we've gone OT now anyway
D
Old 01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
IO Storm

actually I had more mystery in my life when I was using - where am I...what day is it...where are my pants....?

Now, Dee..that was rich! And so true...

"Where are my pants, my blouse, the sofa...."
Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
If some kind of deity actually exists, I doubt it cares whether any individual human puts chemicals into their body or not...
I am finding that the notion of a deity has nothing to do with anything, except the individual. The "deity" is merely an interpretation from person to person of something that is greater than ourselves. "What is", if you will.

Not accepting "what is" is the main root of fear in my life. Thus, escape from reality has provided a band-aid for this, whether it has been using substance or other people. It's all the same thing to me.

But just being dogmatic about a deity and/or religion accomplishes nothing to me. And I agree with you, the order of things does not care what you put into your body.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
A lot of AA people wreak of cigs, so I cant imagine why they would have a problem with pot.

Almost EVERY drug I know of is more dangerous than pot. Alcohol, cigs, even depression meds and tylenol. cough syrup. You name it. They'll all kill you faster than pot.

I dont see anything wrong with smoking some pot now and then. You may disagree.
You're right, I do disagree.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TropicalMango View Post
So smoking pot is not sober but smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee, watching TV, and taking prescription medication is?

Are you trying to justify it? Seems to me like you've taken one person's opinion and run a muck. If you want to smoke pot, go ahead. However, I agree with the others. Taking drugs to make you feel different is still getting high. Justify it anyway you want.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I go to AA. I know when I am messing with other substances, I can't be honest with myself or anyone else, even if I am not drinking. It gets in the way of working the programme. I've really, really tried, trust me!!!!

And if coffee and nicotine is mind altering, then so is going for a run due to the release of natural endorphins.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
And if coffee and nicotine is mind altering, then so is going for a run due to the release of natural endorphins.
Going for a run is more natural and much more healthy.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Coffee before a run and a cigarette after a run are nice too, lol!!

I was just trying to point out that coffee and cigs are a world away from pot as far as altering your mind is concerned! If they are on a par, I want to know where you are getting your coffee from!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post

I was just trying to point out that coffee and cigs are a world away from pot as far as altering your mind is concerned! If they are on a par, I want to know where you are getting your coffee from!
Eactly.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

As far as adding chemicals to our bodies...what ever happended to our bodies are our temple? We have only one body. We need to take care of it.

Pot isn't dangerous? Check out the carcinogen effects and other ill effects of smoking it.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

If you want to smoke pot go for it. No one in AA ever told me I couldn't drink or drug. Alot say they couldnt sucessfully but if I wasnt done experimenting Hey Go Get You Some More see how it works for ya. They are mostly like me and it didnt work for them so I assume it wont work for me. If you can smoke drink an drug more power to ya but why would ya want to be around people who are sober bring down your high I wouldnt.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

And AA has a way of ruining your highs forever afterwards. They certainly fecked mine up good and proper. There should be a warning under their logo, lol!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Dee74;2056965]actually I had more mystery in my life when I was using - where am I...what day is it...where are my pants....?/QUOTE]

Old 01-10-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

[QUOTE=Peter;2058395]
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
actually I had more mystery in my life when I was using - where am I...what day is it...where are my pants....?/QUOTE]

Ok, so you have all had your laugh, I was making a serious point for me and I am somewhat surprised at how its being ridiculed and by a Forum Leader too.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK - like I said before Kevin - no offence meant - it was just a joke, and it was one at my expense, not yours.

lets get back on topic
D

Last edited by Dee74; 01-10-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TropicalMango View Post
Do pot and AA mix?

my drug of choice is pot. It cloudes your mind more then u can ever imagine, when not thinking clear, it'll be a lot harder to be in AA recovery I guess.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:05 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
OK - like I said before Kevin - no offence meant - it was just a joke, and it was one at my expense, not yours.

lets get back on topic
D

Read Dee's signature Kevin. It explains all, lol!! ((Dee)) only kidding!!

I've got to say, when I smoked, I was more bollocksed than I was when I was drinking. Once I picked up my first spliff of the evening, that was it.

And there was the carnage that was wreaked in the kitchen during munchies that had to be cleared up the next morning.

I could function better on alcohol and opiates put together than I could on pot on it's own. But I do believe that everyone's brain chemistry is different.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

****Edited****

Last edited by Eroica; 01-11-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Sorry if I said anything to upset last night. I had a little slip up on pills, and shouldn't have been posting at all!!
LB x
Old 01-11-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

AA is not part of my program for recovery, and neither is pot. I loved getting high, sitting around being all stoner philosopher. But every time I got sober...EVERY TIME...I always ended up smoking pot before relapsing on booze, thinking pot wasn't my problem. After I got high on pot, it was only a matter of days, sometimes hours, before I would be drinking again. My goal is to live a sober life. I've learned from the past and know that if I want to be alcohol free that also means being pot free, at least that's the way it is for me. Everyone's experience is different and only you can be the judge if pot is destructive to your own program, your own life.

By the way, it took me eight or nine serious attempts before I was able to kick nicotine. But I am now nicotine sober for two and a half years. Each time I relapsed on cigarettes, I used what I learned from the previous attempt to build on my next attempt. I think I've only tried to quit drinking seriously about five times, but I am applying my experience with becoming nicotine sober to build my program to live free of alcohol and drugs. So I haven't let my past relapses frustrate me, but rather educate me on building a more solid program today.