Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

A Walk on the Dark Side: My Struggle and Release with Tianeptine

Notices

A Walk on the Dark Side: My Struggle and Release with Tianeptine

Old 11-04-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jasper77 View Post
YAY! I made it! Withdrawl is gone! I thought the Tramadol would not leave me alone. But it finally gave up on me and I'm free! Yes!

I can even watch tv now and enjoy a show without pesky opioids. Wow.

I can't believe I'm finally out! yay!!!

Thanks for following! I took all your encouragement to heart and it really helped. Thanks again!
Cya for now. I'll be around encouraging others now.

Holy cow. It was 10 years for me. Ouch! Lol.

Bye.
Jasper!~
Reading your posts and recovery have been the most enlightening I've read since SoberJohn's happy ending!
Now that it's been a month, how is everything?
I'm wondering from you and from SJ, how was the depression and anxiety along with the physical withdrawals?
Sure, I'm freaking out about going through WD's but even more worrisome to me is the dreaded depression/anxiety schpeel.
I've been taking less than par Tia this week and my anxiety was through the roof which of course, has me very depressed!!
I'm so afraid of the future doom which keeps me from putting a date to my quit day as of yet.

Thanks and congrats to you!!
Old 11-05-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I didn't experience any depression when I quit using this method as the tramadol fed my brain the opiates it wanted. I did experience some RLS but that was it and as far as anxiety, I was so happy just to make it through the day or days without wanting tianeptine that I didn't experience anxiety. It's like that feeling of hopelessness was gone and a feeling of empowerment was there instead.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I've been lurking this thread for long time. I am going on my 15th month of Tia addiction. Started out interested in the IBS benefits for a friend. I quickly noticed the short high was very pleasurable. My dosage increased fairly quickly. 10 grams of sodium would last 3 or 4 days. The random vomiting from consuming so much of this caustic substance was annoying. I tried to quit cold turkey and went INSANE within 36 hours. Horrible pains, I ate every drug I could find to mask the pain with zero relief. Finally an overnight delivery put me back on my feet and I continued. I switched to the Free Acid form after 5 or 6 months. I found the slower onset and less caustic form was easier to maintain. I was consuming 20 grams of free acid every 2-3 days to work and live. This became so costly and also effecting my relationships with friends and fiance. I am ready to quit. I have gathered all of meds necessary to quit via SJ's method. I tapered down with 10 grams of sulfate and 5 grams of Free Acid over a 8 day period. I am currently on day 3 with only the sulfate form. I find the sulfate barely provides relief during the switch. Almost rather not even use the sulfate at this point, it barely provides relief and takes long time to have any effect. I have been interjecting low dosages of tramadol and gabapentine in between my once or twice a day 150mg dose of sulfate. Basically getting my feet wet and trying to lower my tia jump off point as much as possible. I hate this drug. I went 12 hrs today before dosing sulfate. Going to try and skip the next urge and lower the dose if I cave again. Its been a steep taper over the last 10 days. I am ready to be set free.

I hope to hear from HelpMeQuitTia soon.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Its been 56 hrs since my last of~100mg sulfate dose. I am doing pretty good, I cant believe I made it through 2 days of work during those 56 hrs. The restlessness, especially at night is annoying. The gabapentine seems to help me get a few hours of sleep. I have been taking 100mg tramadol 3 times a day, along with 600mg gabapentine. My stomach is a churning more, which is a good thing. I do notice the cordyceps in the morning provided a push of motivation. Seems to be a good dopamine supplement, it helped during this past week work days. I am just checking in, I have a wedding to attend this evening, its funny I have come accustomed to feeling crappy at this point, between the reaching my breaking, the taper, the jump, feeling bad is normal. I am starting to just accept it. Onward and forward, I'll check in a few days.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ignore the grammar, I failed to edit in the 15 min window.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Way to go Foreverquit!
Old 11-21-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I'm new here. Your stories have been very encouraging, thank you for that. A little bit about me. I have been on tianeptine for one year this month. I began taking it as I was having some anxiety issues and it helped tremendously. I started taking it as directed but my dosages slowly began increasing. Fast forward to today... I am currently taking about 7 grams a day. I am embarrassed to admit this and aware of the danger. I need help. I have been to several doctors, none knowing what to do. The gabapentin and tramadol taper is something I'd like to try. I've tried quitting three times and it was pure hell. I am ready to do whatever I have to beat this addiction. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow, he is aware of my struggles. How do I ask for these medications? I plan to research and go in the the appointment educated as I can be about what my reason is for asking for them. I need help and am literally at my whits end.
Sorry for the rambling post, any response would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Matz

D
Old 11-23-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Tomorrow morning will be day 7 after my last dose Tianeptine Sulfate. I am worried about tapering off the Tramadol and Gabapentine, mostly because of the random horror stories from Gabapentine withdrawal. I am going on the 3rd week of this journey, from the rapid switch to Tianeptine Sulfate, the quick tape, the cessation of Tianeptine. I have been taking approximately 900-1200 mg of Gabapentine for about 19 days. The past 5 days have been strictly 3 x 300mg of Gabapentine a day or less, some worry here.

Today I only took 50mg Tramadol with 300mg Gabapentine in the AM. I have skipped my lunch doses of each and feel relatively fine. Anxiety about the unknown and slight brain "fizzing".

I will probably repeat the AM dosages before bed. With tomorrow being turkey day I can't imagine trying to skip my morning dose of either. Friday or Saturday might be the time for my final exam.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Matz10 View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here. Your stories have been very encouraging, thank you for that. A little bit about me. I have been on tianeptine for one year this month. I began taking it as I was having some anxiety issues and it helped tremendously. I started taking it as directed but my dosages slowly began increasing. Fast forward to today... I am currently taking about 7 grams a day. I am embarrassed to admit this and aware of the danger. I need help. I have been to several doctors, none knowing what to do. The gabapentin and tramadol taper is something I'd like to try. I've tried quitting three times and it was pure hell. I am ready to do whatever I have to beat this addiction. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow, he is aware of my struggles. How do I ask for these medications? I plan to research and go in the the appointment educated as I can be about what my reason is for asking for them. I need help and am literally at my whits end.
Sorry for the rambling post, any response would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
AGlad you found us and I know how you feel because tianeptine is not used in the medical community in the US most to all Doctors don't know how to help folks. If you have a good relationship with your doctor than telling him honestly what you need will work but most doctors are reluctant to prescribe a synthetic opiod for a withdrawal substitute. I actually had an injury that I requested tramadol for and my doctor prescribed it as tr,adol is the lesser of two evils for opiates.

Good luck to you and keep us updated on your recovery.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Foreverquit View Post
Tomorrow morning will be day 7 after my last dose Tianeptine Sulfate. I am worried about tapering off the Tramadol and Gabapentine, mostly because of the random horror stories from Gabapentine withdrawal. I am going on the 3rd week of this journey, from the rapid switch to Tianeptine Sulfate, the quick tape, the cessation of Tianeptine. I have been taking approximately 900-1200 mg of Gabapentine for about 19 days. The past 5 days have been strictly 3 x 300mg of Gabapentine a day or less, some worry here.

Today I only took 50mg Tramadol with 300mg Gabapentine in the AM. I have skipped my lunch doses of each and feel relatively fine. Anxiety about the unknown and slight brain "fizzing".

I will probably repeat the AM dosages before bed. With tomorrow being turkey day I can't imagine trying to skip my morning dose of either. Friday or Saturday might be the time for my final exam.
It takes quite a while for gabapentin to cause withdrawal issues and the same goes for tramadol. Since you are only one 50 mg of tramadol cut it off in the next couple of days and wee down the gabapentin. Congrats on 7 days.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well it's been a few weeks and things are starting to normalize for me. I'm still Tianeptine free and Tramadol free too - opiate free.

What's worked for me the most I think is a small dose of cannabis whenever I think I'm so bored I'm gonna explode. Cheers me right up and helps me forget Tianeptine and how good it made me feel. Of course the Tianeptine also rots your kidneys and liver. Too bad because I really miss it. But it was either that and getting really sick or just quitting. Thank god for Tramadol cuz it helped me get off the stuff without major withdrawals. And cannabis now for the tediousness of life... which is how I got hooked on more serious drugs like opioids.

So, yep I'm doing good and still opiate free. Not ever going in that direction again.

Peace.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hopeless

Sorry to be a downer when so many inspirational and success stories are being shared but I have been stuck on tianeptine for two years plus and need to dose every hour or I withdraw. I have to double or triple dose every hour I'm at work to even function and face people. I'm losing EVERYTHING! My energy, motivation, hope and soooo many more things I could list that are horrific. I'm about to lose my job, can't keep up with bills, I'm about to lose my soulmate, it's a complete meltdown. I have a high profile job and can't afford to show my face in a medical facility and I'm too broke to go to another area. I have tried tramadol regiments, I have tried benzos, alcohol, pain killers of the opiate type, I tried the vitamins with loperamide, kratom, and used large doses of them and not one of the methods discussed anywhere I search have stopped the withdrawal. It's worse than heroin withdrawal and I used to be hard core, but at least there was ways to detox. This drug is pure evil. I don't know how to detox from it. I can't afford to miss anymore work and the pain physically and mentally is so unbearable even with all the methods people have so kindly shared. I have structured them and nothing works. All I can think to do to escape is suicide but I have beautiful children and family that I couldn't do that to them. I don't do any other drugs or alcohol. I quit them all many years ago and picked this up for ADHD, PTSD anxiety and depression. I have only tried substances to get off this stuff. After ten years plus clean. I have even tried ******** and that was a crazy trip and came out of it still withdrawing. This stuff is insane! PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE ANOTHER DETOX Solution that works?! it's crazy science experimenting here. Thanks for reading and any help in advance; sorry for ranting; I'm sooooo STUCK...
Old 11-26-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Trapt.

We're limited here by a no medical advice rule.

Can I remind everyone?

People are free to share what works for them as long as it's legal and safe, but we can't recommend anything or give medical 'how to' advice on treatments

Welcome to you too Jasper. As a pot head for 30 years, all I can say is be careful, whether it's prescribed or not. Pot abuse is really easy to slide into?

D
Old 11-27-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I understand

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Trapt.

We're limited here by a no medical advice rule.

Can I remind everyone?

People are free to share what works for them as long as it's legal and safe, but we can't recommend anything or give medical 'how to' advice on treatments

Welcome to you too Jasper. As a pot head for 30 years, all I can say is be careful, whether it's prescribed or not. Pot abuse is really easy to slide into?

D
Sorry if I broke the code of conduct. Not intentional and I understand and agree with position 100 percent. I am more looking for a testimony, like the many great ones on this thread of how people overcame this vicious addiction. And hoping that someone has had a professional detox experience in which a Dr. knows what to use to ease these symptoms and make it possible. I understand the differences and am not looking to compare illicit drug stories to get off this. Thanks for clarifying and I hope I can still receive feedback in an ethical manner bc I need support and suggestions on what could be available for people. Take care.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries trapt - not scolding you, just letting you know

D
Old 11-27-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

No problem at all. Thanks for the heads up and take care.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Welcome Trapt,

Well one very important factor that I noticed was that you sorta have to reach a "bottom of the barrel" mentality and this usually is not precipitated until something happens that makes it so bad you have to quit. For me it was my kidneys hurting so bad. They're much better now after I quit but they are still not 100%. So that got me to the "bottom of the barrel". I had to quit or it was my life.

My father went cold turkey off of crack cocaine. He said it was terrible. But he said it was that or his life.

When you're finally there you're gonna want to quit so badly it will be easier not to play any more games with your dosage. You just throw the stuff away and get your withdrawl strategy going.

That's my opinion... when you have no choice but to quit you will. It's the classic opiate game once more.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks for reply

Originally Posted by Jasper77 View Post
Welcome Trapt,

Well one very important factor that I noticed was that you sorta have to reach a "bottom of the barrel" mentality and this usually is not precipitated until something happens that makes it so bad you have to quit. For me it was my kidneys hurting so bad. They're much better now after I quit but they are still not 100%. So that got me to the "bottom of the barrel". I had to quit or it was my life.

My father went cold turkey off of crack cocaine. He said it was terrible. But he said it was that or his life.

When you're finally there you're gonna want to quit so badly it will be easier not to play any more games with your dosage. You just throw the stuff away and get your withdrawl strategy going.

That's my opinion... when you have no choice but to quit you will. It's the classic opiate game once more.
I know exactly what you mean as I have done the same a few times in my life at rock bottoms. I was literally anywhere from 10 to 30 bags of heroin a day for 8 years. Potent and IV plus daily crack hits daily alcohol and all types of hard drugs. I did lots of ecstasy meth and shot up special k to get out of dope sickness and well as smoking tons of pot. Not bragging. I wanted to not wake up and felt like the biggest scumb in earth. I hit bottom so bad I stopped cold turkey and the withdrawals were so intense someone called an ambulance and this hospital gave me methadone and they never gave methadone to anyone. I left next day and had seizure from the volume and alcohol I'd take daily with the heroin and alcohol. I locked myself in the house with no meds or drugs and went through it and made it out the other side. It took about 12 days to feel better and started to eat but was severely depressed. It was the hardest but doable and each day got a little better. And I detoxes before using methadone and that worked awesome when I had to finally stop. I then had well over a decade clean from everything. Not a drop of alcohol no pot, no drugs period. With this I swear nothing relieves it. I lost my gallbladder and my kidney and liver were showing all types of bad levels and I was in so much stomach pain. They gave me opiates bc I didn't tell them due to high profile about tianeptine. The morphine, oxycodone and fetanol did not work. I had to mix in tiapetine with it. Reduced the amount but the withdrawals were too unbearable. I have been forced on many occasions to stop bc of running out mail orders taking too long etc. and no matter what I tried even all the times I was at bottom and tried on my own nothing would give me any form of relief and I would go three days and still not any relief and no sleep and all of the horrific gross symptoms and me insane running around hopping in tubs and feeling like my brain was exploding and ready to die. Took lots of Xanax to sleep and it would put me out for ten minutes if I was lucky and I'd sprig right back up and pace and fall and overheat. Blood pressure sky rocketing. I don't know why my chemistry won't respond to another regiment. They all intensify the withdrawal. I'm at bottom. I'd do anything to stop & I can't miss anymore work. There has to be something that my chemistry will connect with for a little bit of bearability. I can tolerate a lot of pain but this is insanity. Not sure why it's so severe w me. I know people may think I'm just giving up but I'm telling u I'm not and have tried so hard and put together the most four days from ******** and it was still crazy to point were I couldn't do it any more. I'll stop if this is too much for this forum. Let me know if it inappropriate. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Welcome trapt4life. Sorry to hear how bad you are hurting. My opinion which you probably will not like to hear is to go to inpatient detox. Sounds like you have pretty much exhausted all other strategies. Maybe just give it some thought regardless of your work situation, family situation, financial situation, or how much you think they will not be able to provide you any comfort. At the very least they can monitor your vitals and it will be a safe place where you will not have access to more.

It sounds like you have a lot to live for. Are the withdrawals going to suck? Yes I am sure they will, but if you can't stop you can't stop. For me eventually all of the reasons I couldn't stop were just excuses. If I truly wanted off the merry go round I had options, but kept telling myself I could figure it out on my own. I had to be willing to do whatever it took to get my life back and detox was just the first step. Good luck and take care!!!