Old 11-24-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
SoberJohn

Originally Posted by Matz10 View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here. Your stories have been very encouraging, thank you for that. A little bit about me. I have been on tianeptine for one year this month. I began taking it as I was having some anxiety issues and it helped tremendously. I started taking it as directed but my dosages slowly began increasing. Fast forward to today... I am currently taking about 7 grams a day. I am embarrassed to admit this and aware of the danger. I need help. I have been to several doctors, none knowing what to do. The gabapentin and tramadol taper is something I'd like to try. I've tried quitting three times and it was pure hell. I am ready to do whatever I have to beat this addiction. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow, he is aware of my struggles. How do I ask for these medications? I plan to research and go in the the appointment educated as I can be about what my reason is for asking for them. I need help and am literally at my whits end.
Sorry for the rambling post, any response would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
AGlad you found us and I know how you feel because tianeptine is not used in the medical community in the US most to all Doctors don't know how to help folks. If you have a good relationship with your doctor than telling him honestly what you need will work but most doctors are reluctant to prescribe a synthetic opiod for a withdrawal substitute. I actually had an injury that I requested tramadol for and my doctor prescribed it as tr,adol is the lesser of two evils for opiates.

Good luck to you and keep us updated on your recovery.