The Hen House finally made it to part 61! only took a year, I think..lol
I'm not giving up
Old 09-02-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

is this a new one or something??
Old 09-02-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Damascus!

Each thread goes to 500 posts and then you start another. its easier to manage that way,, whatever managing a thread consists of

how are you ?
my day was hot and long, and I am drained. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, for I have been emotionally wacky for a bit, maybe my thyroid... interesting , huh Damascus..lol...sorry.

hugs
chic
Old 09-04-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee!!

Sorry I've been gone so long, but I'm back. Clean and sober, dealing with a bit of stress, but using is NOT AN OPTION!!!

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-04-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Amy's in the house

Glad you are back, dear Amy. You were missed
love and hugs
Old 09-04-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Chic!! Yep, the original mama hen, before this was even called the henhouse, is back

I recently realized that job dates I can't get hold of (for job applications)? Most of my life for the past 8-1/2 years, has been documented here. Just got to go back, more than a year, but the information is here.

Grateful to this thread, though it has slowed down. Not giving up on it, though.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-06-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amy, that's awesome, that you have a record here I too am very grateful for this thread! what was the name before it became Hen House, Amy?
I remember many who used to frequent here... Med... I still miss her -she checked in once a year or so ago, and I hope she is doing well.

It was a hot one today. Quiet though. I didn't do much, but had my daughter and grandson over. At nearly six years old, he kept us entertained. full of life and love and energy!

hope all are well and having a good weekend. I work tomorrow, but thats ok... the money is better on holidays!
love and hugs
chic
Old 09-06-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Chic - I honestly don't remember the name before it was The HenHouse! There were just a few of us and WindySan said we sounded like a bunch of chickens clacking, so the HenHouse was born.

I miss Med, too, as well as many others who have come through, but glad to see the thread hasn't totally died.

I'm not working tomorrow, but am going to B&T's for a cookout, finish laundry, and work more on applying for jobs.

Good for getting that OT!

I'm tired, been a long day and, actually, quite busy on my days of but a better kind of busy Don't know how warm the water is in B&T's pool, but I'm thinking it can't be that cold and I can lay on a float for a little bit, maybe?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-07-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

im great been working on the car alot and staying clean as always.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think it was about animals or pets or something like that
Old 09-08-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good to see the Roosters in the house!

Actually, I think the thread was named after a former member and it was her screen name and "where are you"? It may have had more than one name before Windy named us

Weather is cooling down, slowly. Still getting rain every day, so my grass will be a foot high by the time the sun shines again. Grateful I have the riding lawnmower, though the blade is quite a bit smaller than the old one. Beats a push mower in a heartbeat!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-08-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good evening Hen houser's.
Its gonna cool down tomorrow, thank goodness. We have had a mild summer, actually.

Amy, I hope you had a great weekend. I guess you went back today? I am off tomorrow, and am back to my normal work schedule.

love and hugs.
chic
Old 09-08-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, Chic, went back today. Am taking Thu off as my hunky mechanic needs to work his magic to get my engine light off to drive it far enough that it will pass emissions. It's a computer thing, he's fixed it before so fingers crossed.

My buddies that I work with, I think they're last day is sometimes this week. It was like a ghost town today.

I've been getting there about 7, I was all by myself Boss lady doesn't come in until afternoon, usually, but I did hear her when she stopped by today.

I like the earlier hours because traffic isn't NEARLY as bad! I save about an hour/day.

Enjoy your day off!

Damascus - How is the car coming along?

Tbeit - How are things going with you?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Amy, good luck with the hunky mechanic... you know, fixing your engine light..
I don't think they do emissions testing anymore in Ohio.
and wow on saving an hour by going in early. that would be worth getting up at the crack of dawn.

I will enjoy it. its always nice to just be lazy. I am gonna love retirement someday.
xoxoxo
Old 09-12-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi , it's been a long time since i was on here.

Life turned sideways on me a few weeks ago but I'm feeling a bit better now.
Coming up on 18 months at the end of sept.
Hope everyone is ok

Stay cool,
Dream
Old 09-14-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

((Joe)) - good to see you and congrats on 18 months!

I've had a rough week, but am holding on to faith and staying clean and sober.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-15-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning Hen housers!
Joe, so good to see you...you have been missed. Congrats on the18 months! Well done friend

Amy, must be something in the air... truck trouble for me, of course, after working the holiday, just grateful for some extra cash, to pay for fixing it. Alternator, he thinks.
Any way, we shall carry on!
the
Old 09-17-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello Henhousers,

Decided I needed to pop in to do my part to keep the Henhouse alive. I was also here before it was called the Henhouse (and I also can't remember what it was called back then) and I would hate to see this thread die. I'm sorry I don't get here often anymore. I used to read everyday, and it was a lifeline for me. Life has gotten better (and busier) so when I do read, I usually don't post.

Did you all know that September is Recovery Month? We had a lovely celebration at work today (I work at a rehab facility for those who don't know.) We try to honor the staff and our clients who work so hard to improve lives and live the message of "We Do Recover!"

So, happy Recovery Month to all of my friends at the Hen House!

Love~40
Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((40)) - SOOOO glad to see you here!!! I did not know it was Recovery Month, so thanks for letting us know.

Sorry I've been slacking. In the past week, I've found out I'm not losing my job, some of my coworkers are starting another venture and I am included, but it will be a "for now" job as I need (and deserve) more money and there's a lot of bad history with this job.

Hunky mechanic is no longer my mechanic. Tried to tell me I need a very expensive catalytic converter, just had one installed today from my new mechanic. Still not cheap but better deal.

It's been beautiful weather here, totally enjoyed my day off (car was in shop). Still have to get emissions and go get the tag, but I have plenty of paid time off and they aren't sure that will transfer to new job.

Life is good, even when it's hard or rough, and recovery rocks!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy