Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 61!!

Old 11-06-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi henhouse.... good to see someone here.
I wish you had told us, TB, as it sure was hurtful. But as you say, the truth is out.
Good luck on your test!

Hugs,
chic
Old 11-07-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Amy))) I hope you're feeling better today. How are the furbabies?

(((chicory))) How's everything with you? How's your son doing?

(((damascus))) What's your story ace?

Where the heck is Lenina, Venus and Lorrain?

Has anybody heard from Norty? I wonder how she's doing.

My goodness can you believe this weather. Yesterday was 80° and today reached 70. I hope we don't have a hot Thanksgiving. Is it me or Christmas commercials are coming out earlier each year.

Anyway I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-07-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

(((TB))) thanks for asking! I am fine, just a few old parts wearing out...lol... fixable, I think
Son is doing well... he just had an interview at a place close enough to walk to. Waiting to hear. He has healed up a lot, from how he was when he first came to stay here. Mentally. Doing more things with family, and enjoying them.
we shall see what life brings, I guess.
Norty is fine, see her on facebook sometimes. still sweet. Venus is on Whiners, mostly, and Lenina has been scarce lately. I miss her too.

yes, the weather is crazy! warm and balmy the last few days. getting colder now, though. the germs are flying about in this warm air!

hugs!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Jay? I missed that memo! Pitiful.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Adorable kittens and their mama's

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-08-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good afternoon henhouse.

Are you ready for some football? I know I am LOL

I forgot to mention last Sunday I was having difficulty breathing so I drove myself to the emergency room. After having taken an x-ray and then a CAT scan the diagnosis was acute bronchitis. This is my seventh time this year in the emergency room for some type of upper respiratory infection.

Reason I'm bringing this up is because those who still are smoking cigarettes it's time to put those suckers down and quit for good. Don't be foolish like myself and have to suffer with emphysema and constant upper respiratory infections. The longer you wait the worse is going to get my friends so take it from me it's not worth it.

I quit the same year I get clean and sober 2004. Best decision I ever made. But all the years smoking took its toll on my lungs and today I can't walk 100 yards without gasping for breath. Medication has stabilized my condition but I wouldn't want no one to go through what I go through every day just to catch a breath of fresh air.

So the next time you light up a cigarette think about what I said it might just save you a lot of misery as you get older.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-08-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks TB. BTW, my furbabies are doing fine - the 3 "grumpies" inside, the 4 kittens and their baby daddy outside (well, in the shed).

I watched football today, but am not watching the last game as I'm tired.

We are still under a flood watch, just like last Sunday, so I will be dodging potholes and water on the road tomorrow. Getting up earlier to get a head start. At least it's good sleeping weather

Hope all you are or have been having health problems are better and soon!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-09-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good afternoon henhouse.

(((Amy))) how is your dad and if I remember correctly tinker is your dogs name? How is tinker doing? How is the bratines? I know that's not the right name but I can't remember what you call her LOL

(((chicory))) that's good to hear about your son. I'm glad that he's doing much better these days. I hope he gets to job I'll be sending out prayers his way.

I called this morning to find out about the bloodwork and waited all day for the doctor to call me back. Never got a call back. I hate waiting especially when it comes to news that concerns my health. Got a early x-ray appointment in the morning. My right shoulder has been bothering me lately. It's gotten to the point where I can't deal with the pain anymore so something has to be done. Could be arthritis or something of that nature.

Shout out to all who are missing from the henhouse.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-09-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

me? im just some crazy kid thats now addicted to cars hahah. been clean a few years. Most ppl have been pretty nice here and my meeting attendance has slacked off lately. its a good way to talk to other recovering addicts here.\

lately kinda got too involved in a car group and recived alot of drama. i hate drama so i quit it all and got focused on making money, reading and betting myself, i tend to obsess about things sometimes.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good afternoon henhouse.

(((damascus))) Nice to meet you. Break it down for me ace, what kind of cars are you into?

Exciting news everyone. I found out today I no longer have the hep C virus. These last 12 months have been rough. I started Interferon treatment which only lasted for eight months. I just couldn't do it anymore the combination of medication was driving me insane. The reason why I took a leave of absence from sober recovery because I couldn't concentrate and had no motivation to participate on here anymore. I got so bad on the treatment I called my doctor and I told him I couldn't do it anymore. So I stopped the treatment at eight months.

Since I got new health benefits I had to change liver doctors. After looking at my medical history and my bad experience with Interferon my new liver Dr. decided to put me on the new hep C medication called Harvoni.

I had no side effects on Harvoni which was a blessing. In fact I took one pill in the morning and went on with the rest of my day. So after my 12 week course treatment I went back to the doctor got my blood work done and today I found out it was negative for hep C. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that news, so happy I jumped for joy and gave everyone at the doctors office a high five LOL.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-10-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...07-133444.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...30-132950.html

heres a few updated pics of my fancy car lol
Old 11-10-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Gorgeous car, Damascus!!

TB - Congratulations on negative for Hep C!! Sorry about the shoulder. Dad and Tinker are fine. The bratkins are still the bratkins and are living back with dad.

We finally got some sunshine today, first time in ages it seems like. We get another sunny day, then rain, then temps drop but mostly sunny.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-10-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

yes congrts on the neg hep c, life is great when we do the right thing.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

(((damascus))) Rocking that car dude. That must've cost you a nice piece of change lol See what happens when you stay clean and sober. You can reach for the skies and have all your dreams come true.

Well done my friend, well done

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-11-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Old 11-11-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

i always tell people thats what i spent my dope money on last year hahaha.
got a new book ima start reading about the choces god puts into my life hopefully it teaches me spirtiually
Old 11-12-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I have no clue what happen to the last image I put up I hope this one sticks.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning henhouse.

Winter doesn't know if it's coming or going LOL Here it is almost into Thanksgiving and today the weather is going to be 65° and the rest of the week and weekend will be hovering around the high 50s and raining. I don't know about you guys, but I love the cold weather and I can't wait for the first snowfall.

Got a fresh haircut yesterday. The guy who gives me my haircut is the same dude who's been cutting my hair for the last 15 years. I'm 60 and he's 45. That means 15 years ago I was 45 and the dude who cuts my hair was 30 years old. Why I find that fascinating, I'm 15 years older than him and his hair is grayer than mine LOL but I got to give homeboy props, he does give a great haircut.

As you recall I had to take some x-rays for my right shoulder this pass Tuesday so today I have a doctors appointment. I need to find out why I'm having so much pain in my right shoulder going up my neck. I love sleeping but this pain that I've been having is interrupting my good night sleep. I tried all the over the counter medication, like BenGay and icy hot patches. None of it helped. So we'll see what the doctor has to say after he reads the x-rays.

Where are all my old buddies? I miss you guys chime in when you get a chance like to hear what's going on in your lives

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-12-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

TB! That's wonderful about your being negative for hep c! What a blessing that must be. I am happy for you! It's good to have you back, and good to see th e Hen House active again.
Amy, hope you are having more sunshine today, we are, and coolertemps with Iit, of course.
Glad you like winter, tb. I like it mostly because Spring comes after.... and the holidays are nice too.
Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by damascus1986 View Post
got a new book ima start reading about the choces god puts into my life hopefully it teaches me spirtiually
After going through a gut wrenching fearless moral inventory. And admitting to my higher power of my understanding, to myself, and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongs. By practicing the spiritual principles of honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness. I was blessed with a spiritual awakening beyond my wildest dreams. Each one of us have our own path to go through to find a spiritual awakening of our own understanding. I pray you find yours.

Here are common signs of a spiritual awakening.

Hugs and prayers
TB