Notices

The Day I Decided To Quit Painers

Old 09-22-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

been two weeks clean now just can't get motivated to tackle things I've let go anyone got any suggestions
Old 09-22-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Congratulations Brian on your two weeks! Yeah you did that!

When I have a hard time getting motivated, I've found that breaking things up into smaller jobs helped. Looking at the big picture can be very overwhelming.

I also found that rewarding myself after I've accomplished one of those steps helped too. I don't know about you....but a lot of the time I used pills as a reward. (I used pills for just about everything...always had a reason for a pill.) So I needed to find other ways of rewarding myself.

Some ideas for rewards are:
small treats like ice cream or candy. (I think they are alright in the beginning but best to limit those types of rewards or you'll have another monster.)
Relaxing baths or showers.
Doing something You enjoy.
Watching a good movie or tv show. If you watch a previously recorded one, or a DVD, Or something from the internet, you could tell yourself you will spend X amount of time doing (blank) and then you get a reward of 1/2 hour or 1 hour to watch your show. Then when your time is up go back to your project and repeat until it's completed. I do that with SR. Lol

Try not to dwell on those jobs. If it helps write a small list each morning. (Small!) Then just force yourself to get started without thinking about it for a long time. We can really wear ourselves out before we get started doing that. That also causes us to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I think most of us, even normies are sluggish at the start of the day. Which is why we thought we needed that morning morning fix. So replace it with an energy drink or a cup of coffee. Then dive right in. Usually, you will find that after a few minutes that sluggishness will disappear. Honestly, most of the energy we got from the pills wasn't real. It was just a state of mind. We can get that same state of mind other ways. It just takes practicing mind control.
Last but not least, a little exercise goes a long way in improving our overall energy levels.

Just so few tips. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Oh seeing TE reminded me of his vitamin regiment.... I forgot what it is though. Lol But good nutrition and certain vitamins/minerals and herbal stuff can help. Darn I wish he had a blog for that. He has some very useful information.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Brian you're on day 16 right? Way to go man!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Lol. I've lost count of my own days. I had to look on my thread to find the correct number. Memory not working so well lately
Old 09-23-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Day 17 Brian? How are you doing? You're getting quite these days...that makes me very nervous!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hey Brian. Make sure you get plenty of protein. It helps rebuild the brain pathways. I use myoplex and its been good. 42g of protein per serving and it tastes really good. Walmart or Target has it and its pre mixed.

I prolly sound like a broken record but exercise helps a lot. Do 30 min to an hour 5x a week if you can.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Brian I'm getting really worried now! If you are having trouble logging in. Don't let that be an excuse to pick back up okay? We are here for you and the problem should be resolved soon. They are working on it! I will write more on your thread so you can at least read it right? If that's the problem! Hang in there! You got 18 days! Days you worked hard for...too hard to toss them aside! Congrats buddy! If you check-out the tech section you can read updates from the admins about the problem!

A few fire-works to start off this hump day!

Old 09-24-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Alright, well I was able to login on the iPad that I was having trouble with yesterday. So I hope I'm going to see you soon Brian! Please just check in ASAP! Let us know how you're doing!

Your friend and SR supporter is getting worried about you!
Old 09-25-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Brian please check-in! I know you are probably sleeping right now..but when you wake-up please let us know how you're doing ok?
Old 09-28-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

I apologize guys didn't forget about you been keeping myself occupied with the right things got my first month in free from opies thank you I won't leave ya luv all
Old 09-28-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

That's awesome Brian! You do not have to keep posting if you are happy and staying clean! Getting back to life and doing your everyday things is the goal!

1 month is awesome! Congrats to you! Thank you for updating us!
Old 09-28-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
One day at a time

Does anyone have any advice to sticking to quitting these? I can't make myself do it because they are ALWAYS around me!!!! Any mind tricks or help is much appreciated if they are here I usually take them
Old 09-28-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

That's a tough place to be. I couldn't have them around me. Can the person who has them hide them or take them away? I've heard of people who buy those locked boxes and keep them in there. Others needed to leave their home for at least a few weeks to get off them.

Are you the most vulnerable during acute withdrawal or is it after that time?
Old 09-28-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

That would be rough I like most would fall victim I just got sick and tired of pills controling every part of my life I know its hard to say no but you just got to
Old 09-28-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
One day at a time

Thanks Brian! Your inspiring and I'm very proud of you for quitting! Also I guess it's in the early stages that it's the hardest after I'm sober for a while I'm pretty good to go!
Old 09-28-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Young are you doing ok ???
Old 09-29-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Youngconfused what's your drug of choice that you are trying to quit ?
Hope everyone had a good weekend
Old 09-29-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
One day at a time

I am okay ... Kind of depressed my life is pretty boring for a 25 year old wake
Up pills sleep pills sleep try to get enough courage to do withdrawal fail miserably my drug
Of choice is Vicodin 10's take 4 a day just want to quit I know 4 isn't a lot but I'm small so it makes me sleepy easily idk what to do....
Old 09-29-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I was scared of withdraws also found something that helped emensly i'll pm what a good lady on this site turned me on to really helped