Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 56

Old 06-21-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

I had Barry the RV repair guy take the old not working frigidaire out and found a 10.2 cubic feet fridge at Lowe's that fit perfectly in the same slot.

The little fridge you see was the one I got from Habitat for Humanity. Someone at the campground needed a fridge so I gave it to them.

This is the new fridge

Old 06-21-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

New entertainment center and TV

New Lazy Boy rocker recliner.

Mama hanging out waiting to be feed

Old 06-21-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Great news ((TB)). I'm happy for you. Glad you listened to your gut on the surgery, sounds like you got some more time and aren't wasting a second of it. Good for you.

Mama and Q look great too.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I need to get my eyes checked! I believe I see TB has posted!

Happy to call you a friend too TB!

Thanks for posting all the good news and sharing the pictures to say you're OKAY!

TOD
Old 06-21-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chicory: Sounds like the 93 yro man has been sent to you as a way to lead you to a better life! JMO though! You can start with his church and branch out from there if you don't feel comfortable going to that one. You could possibly find there are lists at them for other groups you'd be interested in attending! Mom also goes to a prayer group on Wednesday nights besides her Sunday attendance.

You've been in that apartment too long now. Time to get out and enjoy your life besides going to work and home all the time. As we say all the time! Baby steps! Go to one Church meeting a month. If you like it? Then go two times a month.

Live: Jethro is just as stubborn as any other man! He had me put some menthol cream on his shoulder last night. I suggested he do the exercise my physical therapist told me to do for mine. That was taken with this comment: "Thanks baby, but don't you worry about it"! I didn't say anymore about it. I tell ya though! He's going to get it one of these days.

TOD
Old 06-21-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

oh, My goodness, TB is in the Hen House!!lol
Hey, I bet everyone of us has a smile on our face as we read your post and saw your pictures. Its wonderful TB, that you have what you need and more.

Enjoy your one precious life, my friend, as they say. Mama and Q look wonderful and cozy. Just so glad for you, all three of you. love and hugs, friend.

Tod, thanks , and yes, you are right, i have been in this apartment for far too long. and too tied up emotionally too.

I saw my friend again today and he is really pushing for me to come to church. I may have to try it. Can't hurt. Might bring good things.

Glad your momma was visiting today. I got a chuckle at Jethro and her at the table, him with a hen on his shoulder... just the visual of it, cute.

Live, I am glad they have those classes for people now. Not like the old days. someday , they might just cure diabetes. I feel like it is very possible.
I laughed at how the storm gave you some wonderful effects for your reading!!! I'd have had goosebumps!

love and hugs to all.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Enjoy your one precious life
I have often pondered reincarnation. I think of any religious idea of the after life, I like this one best. It'd be interesting to carry over knowledge from a past life, unconsciously, into a new one. To start over and not even know it. However, if I am a reincarnated person right now, I must have been a serial killer in my past life...I have been dealt a rather harsh hand, I think.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I agree sweetheart.

I have often thought that reincarnation would be fun too. but would we even know it? I must have been a wayward slug in my previous one. I'd like to ramp it up a little bit
Old 06-21-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Old 06-21-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you back TB

D
Old 06-22-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

((((henhousers)))). Just a quick note, sorry I've missed so much but have been very busy. Ive only been home three nights this month and it's wearing on me.

Interesting stuff on reincarnation. Some suspect there might be a genetic memory sort of deal, like part of a survival of the species. Some think we have a connection with the Universal Consciouness. I've always be curious about those who have had recall of past lives. our brains and our genetics are pretty remarkable bits of business.

I had to work over Summer Solstice and was sorta sad. I like to be home for some things but it's the hamster wheel for me at this time.

((((TB)))) I'm glad to see you and happy to hear you're doing well. yes, never forget that many doctors are about the money, I dread mine retiring. Always research and meditate on stuff. As one of my meditations says "Be well and so you are" if that makes any sense to you. I have so many quirks with modern medicine maybe I'll just get me nice naturapath and let Life take its course.

Jay, maybe you remind this librarian lady of her son or loved one? Maybe you're just cute and the old girl has an eye for the youngs ones?

Well, my head is blazing and I need to sleep. I m not sleeping enough and not eating very well. No choice for that. I have been eating lots of fruits, but I think I need to up my get some balance.

talked to the HubCat about getting a pair of kittens. He seems reluctant. Maybe knowing I, going to be gone a lot and he will have kitty litter duties doesn't appeal? LOL!

sorry to not address everyone, please know I hold you in my heart and do keep your intentions in my mind. I'm just very scattered now. bad retrograde. LOL. The best laid plans going wonky! Plus I've been attracting weirdoes. Sheesh. they single me out in the crowd. maybe I need a good sageing? or fumigation? Or better perfume?

Much love to you all!

Lenina
Old 06-22-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

Got a new camera, here is a much clearer picture of my living room.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

((((tb)))) it looks very comfy and cozy. I'm so happy for you!

Love from lenina
Old 06-22-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Here is a nice picture of Q

how could you not love that face

Old 06-22-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

TB love the pictures, Mama and Q are beautiful. In that last one, I have the same scratching pole in the den. It was Tiger's but Mots has taken over.

Jay - I've always said if I was reincarnated, I wanted to come back as one of the spoiled cats I know it's not something I've thought about a lot, but don't discount.

It is so good to have roosters back in the henhouse!!!

Live and TOD - men will be men as far as health and stuff (well, not ALL men). Actually, sm was the same way.

Speaking of, the bratkins were in the wedding of her bio-dad, yesterday, though neither wanted to be.

Lenina - glad you could check in, I know you've been busy. Hope you can get hubby on board with a couple of new kitties.

TOD - I either missed it or something, but how did your mom do on father's day? Mother's day, for us, went well as enough time had passed that we could joke out "we need sm here because she would eat all our onions off the salad that we don't like!" and we all just grinned.

Just talked to Cody's vet. Cody's reaction to the meds does leave him to believe he does have EPM but he can't send the blood work until Monday and it takes 2-3 to get it back. Bev didn't think the steroids were what made him walk and walk, but I was right... they do in some horses.

He's eating, standing around and vet said just let him chill today. Notified the other sister's family that if this is the diagnosis, he has to stay in the back yard for at least 2 months and THEY need to get over here and help us get rid of the junk in the barn.

Bev talked to K and she did call the lady I interviewed with and told her how wonderful it was with not only her MIL and FIL, but with her granddog (the pit) and her dogs, and a huge animal lover.

The lady thanked her and said the decision would be made in a few days. Still keeping fingers crossed.

Oh, and the one daughter and SIL brought me $30 extra last night. They are going back to adding $10/week for gas "because you need it". I didn't argue, just graciously said thank you.

I'm going to chill out today and read while in the a/c

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-22-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

(Amy) Cody is the horse right? What's wrong with him?

Hugs
TB
Old 06-22-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

TB - yes, Cody is the horse. For one thing, he's 28 years old. Vet thinks he has EPM.. A parasitic disease that affects his neurological system. Can be treated, but we won't know, for sure, for 2-3 days.

We are not making him suffer, he perked up with the meds though the steroids had him walking for about 24 hours (they do that to me). He's definitely got a bit of "attitude" and the vet said that is a good thing, along with him eating and drinking. He now gets mad at me if I don't bring him apples or carrots every time I come out! Sugar cubes are about gone.

It's supposed to storm, tomorrow, and good chance of rain all week but at least it's a little cooler.

I've been reading all day, something I haven't done in a while, though I do go out and check on Cody. All 3 cats think they are supposed to have treats, nonstop, so they are being tapered. It's my fault, I can deal with the meow whines.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-22-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Poor thing, I'll send a horsey prayer his way.

Hugs
TB
Old 06-23-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

mid-70s today and sunny.

There is an new superdupa supermarket that opened up recently. If you have a crave for it they have it. Inside the supermarket you will find a Chinese take out restaurant, a pizzeria shop, chicken shack, a deli just for sandwiches, a bakery with every cake and treat imaginable. You can go and order your favorite cut of beef and have it cooked to your liking before you leave. They have home made dinners, not packaged dinners, dinners made in front of you. For an example, you can have meatloaf and have any side order you like. But, what I really like about this new supermarket, they cater to a handicap. They have double the handicap parking, plus, they have attendance outside to bring you scooters when you request one.

Where is Venus?

Hugs to all
TB
Old 06-23-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Wow, TB, that sounds like an awesome place!!

I'm waiting for Bev and T to get her - I get my first experience at giving a horse a shot...in the rain, no less. He's back to how he was before the meds, vet is "at the other end of the world" and knows I was a nurse.

Mrs. C got really mad at me and the grumpy daughter when she tried to tell me the medicine I stopped him from taking was his BP pill. I showed her the bottle, she went around trying to find the paperwork (which her daughters try to throw away). I gave Mr. C his bath, came back and daughter said "I sent her outside" She got to working with her flowers and was fine by the time I left.

It hasn't started with the rain yet, but it's a repeat of the other day when we got about 4 inches. Other than that, a good day!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy