Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 56

Old 08-29-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

I want to go out to eat with Mamahawk!

It is so HOT here, the indoor a/c can't keep up.

David can't work outside. It is still hot inside, 84 much earlier, higher now I think, that I am not able to stay under 72 as my med advises.
I was too hot to nap...now that is serious

The kittens have pretty much stayed sprawled out on the floor until late night.

I ran the dishwasher but that it is.

I am drinking iced tea and reading. Might as well enjoy my leisure.

Medical name for mystery illness: idiopathic.
Did I pass??????

t.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

I decided to stay out of this one..

Hugs to HH...Tod sorry for your loss.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

MamaHawk..check this site out..it was given on another thread and really
impressed me with purchasing food for my girl Miley..a Shepherd cross..the
second love of my life.. she is a sweety..

Holistic And Organix Pet Shoppe - Holistic and Organix Pet Shoppe
lauren
Old 08-29-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

I have definitely seen chicken poo on eggs.. have collected a few of them in my life time. my grandma had laying hens. their poo isn't shaped much either, just sort of a softee blop.
just my two unwanted centsLOL
Old 08-29-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Thanks Lauren I will check that out. My sweet Kibbee cat almost died a while back. He had to spend the entire weekend at the emergency vet when he got a bladder blockage. The vet said his bladder was close to exploding and he probably wouldn't have survived it. I was feeding him Iams. A cat treat save his life. When I opened it and he didn't get get up my heart just sank because I knew he was very sick. Of course it was a Friday night! And you don't want to know what the emergency vet charged me to save him. I could never let him die though. NEVER!

Live if you came and ate at Happys you would never leave here!! You can stay here at the lake with me and I will put you on a jet ski!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Mamahawk, I am glad your Kibbee cat is ok now. that is definitely an emergency!
My Tom had that happen, and the first time they unblocked him. The second time, he got a surgery which made the ureter opening larger.. basically, he looked like a female afterward... but it never happened again. I forget the name of the surgery.

emergency veterinarian services,,, ouch! thats the field to go into, Jay!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Luckily it hasn't happened again. I spent weeks terrified it would! He means so much to me and brings me so much joy. I couldn't stand to lose him! Hopefully he will never need that surgery. I'm glad your Tom is OK.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Chickens are not in my hula hoop.

I love lakes too, Mamahawk. I like to float and swim under the moonlight and stars.

Me and a jet ski would probably be a candidate for one of those blooper shows!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

mamahawk, you know you need the surgery, you trust your doctors, lay off the googling, it is only upsetting you and mostly exaggeration. like those silly websites that play on people's fears. If you have questions and worries, take them to your surgeon.

I never have considered posting about allergens to be an argument and I specifically made the post general if you read it..

.but since TOD's mentions that I did not express my condolences, I am so very sorry for your husband's cousin's sister's passing. and hope she is at peace. was she a young woman?

And since you read everything, please do reciprocate your best wishes for my brother's adenoid cystic carcinoma bone scans every 6 months. His new tumor was benign thankfully. He is beating the odds...the survival rate for this cancer is less than 25% over 10 years...he is at year 4, clean.

see you on the animal thread...I have 5 cats and a little Pomeranian. thankfully everyone has control of their sphincters, lol
Old 08-29-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Oops, I looked and nope, no chickens in my hula hoop either! Live

Mamahawk, he had the surgery because it kept him from getting blocked again. made the opening bigger and therefore less likely to block. My Tommy passed over a year ago, from heart issues, I believe. but he went 10 more years with no more urinary blockages.

He was my beautiful Maine Coon boy, more like a dog than a cat. he nibbled my big toes..
Old 08-29-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Mamahawk)) - Is the surgery urgent? Does it need to happen ASAP? Could you wait till you have more clean time under your belt where you feel more stable and strong in your resolve not to use after the surgery? If you can wait till you feel more stable, why not do so?

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
Its what helps for the shape of the poo.
I have never seen bird poop that holds a solid shape. It's pasty...

Have you guys ever collected eggs? its clean there, the mom chickens dont go poo on their eggs, so I think they can hold it by brainpower.
Birds tend to projectile poop out of their nests to keep their chicks clean and healthy. That is why you don't see much poop on their nests in the wild. I would imagine that they are concerned about their eggs in the same way. If you ever walk past an eagles or a hawks nest outside you will see their excrement at a radius of 10 feet all around their nests at the base of trees. They don't want to track flies and other unwanted pests to their newly hatched chicks. This is an innate behavior that is not learned. The chicks do it too. They don't hold it, they just know when it's going to happen and back their butts up over the nest to go.

Birds are extremely smart, I'm not denying that. Not sure if you're being serious about the brainpower, but saying they use brainpower to "hold it" when there is no musculature in which to do that doesn't make much sense. That's like saying I can use brainpower to fly when I have no appendages in which to do that.

If you weren't being serious about brainpower, then please disregard, lol. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell when everything is typed...

This conversation is hilariously well-suited to the HH
Old 08-29-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread. Please join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-57-a.html

D