Notices

oxicodone withdrawl question

Old 03-14-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Awesome, that's really great! Be patient with your body while it adjusts to a new normal, and readjusts to a new sleep pattern. Be persistent, do not give up, and do not give in when the cravings hit. Plan for what you will do when the urge hits to use. Like a relapse prevention plan, of sorts.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

AWESOME!!!!!!! Don't worry dude, I'm 2 weeks 5 days and still have sleeping trouble. Melatonin regulates your sleep patterns, so it doesn't just happen overnight....over the course of a week it will help start making it more regular. Great job and keep going!!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Any idea how much melatonin I should take, I have 5 mg pills now...is this enough or not enough?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I usually take 10 mg but then again I'm a large 6'4" mammal!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm a small. 5'5 and 130lbs
Old 03-17-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I can only speak for myself and I've detoxed at several different levels ranging from * a few times per week, * small amount daily to * Large amount daily (three 30mg). All prescribed for legit reasons, but we all know the fine line between dependence and addiction.

ANYHOW- EACH PERSON IS DIFFERENT and you should Consult Your Doctor about YOURS. The following is just MY Experience:
When I detoxed while using "light-moderately" as you described, it wasn't horrible, I had the runs, Immodium was my best friend.

When I detoxed while using "heavy"... I had the runs, nausea, vomiting, NOT able to eat (the food would just sit in my tummy until it came back up), sweating profusely, chills, severe anxiety, severe insomnia, watery eyes, sneezing and what I considered to be the WORST of all symptoms is a "phantom smell/taste". It even made WATER taste gross. Soup tasted like bleach was added to it and even while outside breathing in fresh air, it smelled disgusting. (Almost like a combination of Chemicals/Floral/Cigarettes), Restless Leg Syndrome (more annoying than anything), total body exhaustion and Depression --(Commercials for Cellphone Carriers made me cry). If it helps, I did read several places that crying is good for you. It's an emotional release (duh) and tears carry toxins out of your body the same way sweating, peeing or any other "loss of fluid" does.

Everyone says to work out---- I couldn't do it, but more power to the ones that are able. For all intents and purposes my butt was super-glued to the couch.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS---- For ME, it only lasted 7 days and of those 7 days, ONE was HORRIBLE, THREE were miserable, but do-able. The symptoms that dragged on were the Insomnia, Anxiety and Exhaustion (PAWS) See- I was reading OTHER peoples stories that were way worse than mine, so like I said, each person is going to have a very different experience.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

@toolman I'm personally 5'9" and UP to 155lbs, the extra 5-8lbs are just from these past 3 weeks from recovery, however I take 4 300mcg tablets of Melatonin. 100mcg being 1mg, so 12 total.....but that's if I'm not even remotely tired near bedtime, sometimes just 3. I also sleep restlessly though, often waking several times a night, which is how I am, but I wake up earlier and faster with the Melatonin. Try 2 and see how it works, up a few if you need....it's a natural supplement. Also keep in mind if you're like me, I only have a small window of opportunity to take advantage of the "drowsiness"....once it sets in I have about 20-30 minutes to turn lights out and lay down, otherwise I get a second wind and wake right back up. Good luck bud.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Oxycodone is in the news in a number of ways around my place these days, Mitch. I won't go into any details, but you can look up Victoria Stafford to find out for yourself - all three principals in this tale of grief were oxy addicts.

Another way that oxycodone is in the news is that it is being discontinued to be replaced with Oxyneo, a formulation that makes snorting or injecting it more difficult. I've heard interviews with users that take 300 - 500 mg per day of this stuff, and insufflate for extra mileage. The lack of this drug will lead to the better cheaper opiate, heroin. That leads to a life of misery and every form of self debasement that exists. The dose needed for the effect goes up every time, but the amount that will stop your heart does not.

Run away and never look back at this stuff, Mitch. If you are free of it, please make sure you do everything you can to stay that way. Your life depends on it.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I am free and have no plans to go back... All I can say is been their, done that, time to move on..
And thanks to everyone here for the info I needed..
Old 03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

@freshstart Can you believe that crap? And Oxyneo isn't going to do anything but kill people. They used the same matrix-theory in Opana - "gums up if you try to snort or inject it to prevent drug use". B S !!! I know people that continued to snort them anyway - no mucus no globbing - and I've come across countless reports of the "scientist's" out there like on opiophile who cracked it within weeks. Now people who aren't breaking down the gel-matrix first are shooting this crap up and dying. I don't condone any of it....but really all they successfully did was make it easier for people to kill themselves - maybe that was the idea from the start? They already that won't stop lab-monkies from cracking the code and keeping the game going, or as you stated, creating a newer, cheaper heroin. Thank you Big Pharma - Killing the world, One junkie at a time. A-holes.
Sorry, this topic makes me angry now that I'm not chasing their poison anymore. Shoveling all these insane chemials to the masses is tantamount to murder IMO.

@toolman That's great to hear. Proud of your fast turnaround. I hope only the best for all you have and may receive in life.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I sincerely hope you have taken the good advice given here. The opiate train wreck is replayed over and over, thousands and thousands of times each month. With newcomers to the drug, one way or another, and then the implosion of their health and lives. Don't look at them, don't think about them....stay the heck away from them and you may be free to enjoy the life you have.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

hey guys and girls, though i would check in, its been since begiing of march and not a thought or desire to pop another one of those little blue devil pills..
life is good and back on track now..
good luck to all..
Old 06-07-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Everything that you have read here is absolutely true to add another voice to this. You obviously liked it - I sure did - and that is really dangerous. The road is very slippery and it doesn't take long before denial becomes a factor. At that point you are absolutely blind to what you are doing and you are on the road to hell. Continue to stop and never go back is easy to say but can be hard to do.

Once you have successfully gotten away from it in retrospect it will seem as if it was easy and the thought "I could do that anytime I want. A couple days of discomfort is all."

From that point it took me 3 years to come back and I don't like looking back at any of that.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

stop now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

damn pills got me again!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Are you ok?