View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
LifeRedux

I can only speak for myself and I've detoxed at several different levels ranging from * a few times per week, * small amount daily to * Large amount daily (three 30mg). All prescribed for legit reasons, but we all know the fine line between dependence and addiction.

ANYHOW- EACH PERSON IS DIFFERENT and you should Consult Your Doctor about YOURS. The following is just MY Experience:
When I detoxed while using "light-moderately" as you described, it wasn't horrible, I had the runs, Immodium was my best friend.

When I detoxed while using "heavy"... I had the runs, nausea, vomiting, NOT able to eat (the food would just sit in my tummy until it came back up), sweating profusely, chills, severe anxiety, severe insomnia, watery eyes, sneezing and what I considered to be the WORST of all symptoms is a "phantom smell/taste". It even made WATER taste gross. Soup tasted like bleach was added to it and even while outside breathing in fresh air, it smelled disgusting. (Almost like a combination of Chemicals/Floral/Cigarettes), Restless Leg Syndrome (more annoying than anything), total body exhaustion and Depression --(Commercials for Cellphone Carriers made me cry). If it helps, I did read several places that crying is good for you. It's an emotional release (duh) and tears carry toxins out of your body the same way sweating, peeing or any other "loss of fluid" does.

Everyone says to work out---- I couldn't do it, but more power to the ones that are able. For all intents and purposes my butt was super-glued to the couch.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS---- For ME, it only lasted 7 days and of those 7 days, ONE was HORRIBLE, THREE were miserable, but do-able. The symptoms that dragged on were the Insomnia, Anxiety and Exhaustion (PAWS) See- I was reading OTHER peoples stories that were way worse than mine, so like I said, each person is going to have a very different experience.