Notices

oxicodone withdrawl question

Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IvanKatz View Post
Oh yeah, that 1 or 2 will turn into ten a day within 2 months. By then you've gone through any savings you have, then selling stuff, then stealing sometimes.

thats terrible, but will never be me..
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

It really doesn't take long at all......AT ALL. I'm so glad that you took control now before it took control of you. I can recall all the way back to when 1 in the morning was all I took, and it was great, and I wouldn't develop a problem...even after the p.m. pill came into play, even when they lunchtime pill came into play....even when I took 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon and night.....for every extra pill you take, your mind has 10 excuses on the spot that "justify" it and convince you "this is not a problem"....we don't get to analyze our addiction as it takes over, because we just keep being convinced by our own mind "it's ok" "it's not a problem". So glad you don't have to go through that. Good man. Good luck in your family and business endeavors.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just thought id check in, its 9pm friday now and I'm feeling ok, will see how tommorow goes, I got a busy day so hope all is well..
Ill check in tommorow sometime and let you guys know how I'm doing..
Old 03-09-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You might be in the clear. 24 hrs you should be seeing some good signs by now if you were going to. Put your head into work and forget about them if you can.

Think we would say the same thing when we first started 1 here or there then 2 then it starts! glad you recognized that there could be a problem before you got out of control.

I never thought I was addicted until I ran out once ended up in the ER sick as a dog! scared me bad.

Good luck let us know how your holding up!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ok guys, its been 48 hrs now , last night I couldn't sleep much, but I gotta say I feel great right now, a little tired, but Im hoping the worst is done... Got a busy day today to keep my mind busy..
Old 03-10-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You good then. I hope for your sake that you stay clean from here on out.
I cannot caution you enough when I say that you need to stay 100% of the drugs from here on out. DO NOT let your mind tell you that you can take one or two in a few weeks. That is how the trap is sprung. next thing you know, you'll be using regularly and you won't have enough money to support your child.

Next time your tempter, just look into your child's eyes and ask yourself if your ready to lose him.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good for you- you were smart and stopped before it was too late. Keep it up.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Over 54 hrs now, no pills, my stomach is acting up, and I'm a bit tired feeling, other than this I am good..
Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Way to go man! I'm so glad to hear you didn't have it bad. Try some immodium for the stomach if need. It's acts on the opiate receptors in the intestinal linings to relax it. I used about 6 at a time personally. Some people are using imtense quantities "satiating w/d", but I didn't get w/d relief myself. Still helps. Great job again kicking! Best of luck to you.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Guys I dis it, I feel completely good now, I'm proud of myself for breaking this bad habbit, their was a few times I said, just one more wont hurt, but I kept myself busy and now the withdrawal sysmptoms are done, I'm happy I can now go a day not worrying who I can get a pill from.
Plus the 100++ a week ill be saving is going to help a lot,
I honestly think this site and you guys and girls helped make up my mind to quite fast.

Thank you again..
Mitch
Old 03-11-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wonderful news.
Always remember that there is no such thing as casual use with this stuff!
Anyone foolish to believe they are stronger than the medication generally find themselves addicted.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

toolman: Just remember what the other's have told you. A few months may pass and out of the blue, the idea may occur in your brain to pop a blue again, just one, or just a half of one, just this once, only one won't hurt, just to get through this or that, just for the energy for this one thing, and so it goes. Your own brain betrays you into using just one. Or just half of one. And it's on again. I think awareness that this may happen helps one to be prepared when it does, to be stronger than the urge and to resist.

Good for you!!! Pat yourself on the back and consider you've dodged a bullet. Or an entire clip!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

ok, monday morning im at work, feeling fine now, i have one issue left, i cannot sleep now, i know im tired but just cant sleep.. last night a slept a few hours on and off..
any idea how to resolve this or any otc meds i can get?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

@tool Great job again. I would try Melatonin for a few nights. It's natural and helps regulate your sleep patterns better. Wouldn't hurt to try a Chamomile/Valerian/ sleep tea before bed also.....tea isn't just for old ladies you know I have found some benefit with Melatonin - though I've always been a troubled sleeper. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

where do i get melatonin? vitamin shop?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You can get melatonin at any of the chain stores like k-mart, wal-mart, even grocery stores. I don't know for sure but I have heard that taking melatonin long term will aggravate depression (which I'm prone to have). Camomille tea is good for night time. Avoiding caffiene after around noon helps me. But one addictionologist (who is also a RA) told my son that from his personal experience, his first 30 days clean he barely slept at all, but after that month things started to return to normal. Your brain and body is readjusting, give it time, and be kind to yourself.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Nothing more annoying than being tired and not able to fall asleep... Damn you pills...
Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sleeplessness is is extremely common for a couple of weeks after stopping the meds. Yes, melatonin will help you get to sleep better.
Your normal sleep should return in a few weeks.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I took 2.5mg melatonin, 4 hrs ago, not tired at all... Took 2.5 more.. still can't sleep..
Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

ok guys 1 week clean now, i feel great, all the stress of worrying if i have a pill for the morning are gone.. i have no craving or desire at all... ive been taking vitamins and eating healthy... the only symptom i still have is i cant sleep much... but surprisingly in the morning i am still alert and awake.. so hopefully this will suside in a few days or weeks..
GO ME!!!