Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

I also posted in NewComers, Please Read my story..

Notices

I also posted in NewComers, Please Read my story..

Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
On The Road to Recovery!

WELL, lol, I was lazy all weekend, didnt feel like doing anything, but I actually slept better. I did get the cravings though one day, I really dont even know why, I wasnt having a bad day or anything, I just wanted to clean and didnt feel like being lazy, how stupid is that??, I even went to my moms house (were a prescription lay) and never did anything!! At least that!! I go to a counselor every week and talk to her about it, I also talk to you guys. You people are my support... I dont have time to go to meetings, except maybe on the everyother weekend when I dont have my kids....Please dont look down on me for not going to meeting... I barley have time to eat dinner half the time, from taking care of my kids, the house, the dog, homework, my work, etc.
Kris
Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

How are things going Kris?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
On The Road to Recovery!

Good....
I am very busy at work, struggling with money but I am waiting for taxes to come. I feel like there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I am so much happier now than ever before. I have now lost count of the days... I have been enjoying my kids more, and music....I LOVE music!! lol
How is everyone else??
Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Kris,
I just got through reading your posts, and I relate! I'm a recovering opiate/cocaine addict, 165 days clean. Before going to rehab last September, I was taking 30 10mg hydroconone or oxycodones per day plus using about an 8ball of coke. I started the pills after an accident more than 10 years ago, and obviously escalated! My cocaine use got out of control the last couple of years...When I ran out of pills, I'd use coke to help me feel better. Needless to say, I became just as addicted to the coke as to the pills. Yeah, I know, I'm lucky to be alive.
While detoxing in rehab, they started me on Suboxone and I'm still on it. For me, it's been a miracle. It takes away all the cravings for the opiates and has helped me tremendously. My plan is to stop taking it after about a year. This might be something you would be interested in,,,just a thought. Anyway, keep posting. I'd love to know how you're doing.
Good luck and God bless! :praying
Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

kristin thank you for posting. I am in a custody battle with my husband and soon we are getting a divorce. But we have only been separtated for 2 weeks. I do want to call him and tell him that I miss him, but I can't because I have to stay strong. It wouldn't help anyways. It would just make me feel stupid and less than. I have been clean and sober for 3 months and counting. I know you can't tell anyone but are you going to meetings? You should try it, it would help and then you could find there are people out there that you could talk too and find some support. I'm glad you made it here. Keep posting. I'm praying for ya. XO Jillian