Notices

Ready to move on...

Old 06-25-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ready to move on...

Ok so....let me start this by introducing myself & a bit about me...

I am 27yrs old, married, with 4 young children. My husband & I were both addicted to opiate painkillers for about 3 years. We started the suboxone program Aug 25th, 2012.. we've been switched from suboxone (took that for about a year & a half) to subutex (been on that for about a year & a half as well) we got switched to the subutex for insurance reasons... ok so anyways...

Our original sub doctor literally disappeared, not sure what happened or why....so we met a new doctor, who treated us for 2months & now he closed his clinic.. we are desperately trying to find another doctor, with not much luck. And to be honest, i just want to be done with it. Im tired of relying on yet another med to feel normal. I haven't touched an opiate in almost 3yrs... yet the minute i stop taking the subs....we all know what happens. Its frustrating knowing you haven't used in years and that your recovery med is only postponing the withdrawal symptoms. I'll be out of subs tomorrow. At the moment, i cannot find us another doctor. I need some help, some advice, something. What are my options as far as a detox center? My husband & I cannot check into a rehab, with him working two jobs & me caring for our 4 kids... we have no one to take the kids so we could check in somewhere. Any recommendations or advice for us to detox at home? Are there detox centers that could help us without being admitted for a long period of time? I have to get us through this...im scared...the thought of going cold turkey is horrifying....ive ran out of meds before..a few times actually.. ..and it was...there are no words. Please help, someone, anyone. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds like you've got quite a bit going on. Sorry I can't be of much help, although I do know in my area they have what is called an "out patient " Program.
These are day programs and not a live in rehab type thing so you wouldn't need to leAve your kids I belive.
Perhaps there is something like that in your area? I'm sorry I wish I could be of more help.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Omg so so sorry to read your post! What a nightmare! Are you sure there are no sub doctors near you? You might have to commute a little but hey it would be worth it. Its just not recommended to quit sub cold turkey...,better to taper. Have you tapered at all? Have you gone to suboxone.com to look for a new doctor? They have a physicians referral on there. I've had to switch doctors 3 times. Another idea is go to your nearest ER if the WD gets too uncomfortable. They may be able to help you detox. Another option is to go to your GP and be honest with him\her. Explain your situation, maybe there is something they can do to help you get thru....prescribe some comfort meds or refer you to a detox facility or help locate another sub doctor...if all the sub Dr. Have wait lists your family physician may be able to convince the sub Dr. Of the emergency situation you are in. Please do not be afraid to talk to people!

You may have to get real honest with some of these professionals, but that is what they are there for....to take care of you when you are sick. Addiction is a disease! We are very sick and need to be treated....deserve to be treated. You do not deserve to suffer thru withdrawal without help. You didn't mention your location, but if you are near the New York area there are many many sub doctors and detoxes in the vicinity!
This is my fear too...and why I want off this medicine. I am in a long taper and ready to step down tomorrow when I see my doctor.

Prayers going up for you that you can find the best possible help available and that you will not suffer thru WD and the pain and anxiety that go with it. Remember, you are a human being and deserve to be treated. If you need to rely on family or friends for childcare then that is what needs to happen.

So sorry to find you in this situation. Please keep posting you are not alone!
Old 06-26-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank You.

Thank you for your reply! We are located in Michigan. Ive been on suboxone.com and have been calling & calling doctors, no luck yet. Today is our last day of medication. Going to call our primary physician, see if he can do anything for us. Ive been doing a lot of research...looking up at home remedies for the withdraw symptoms.. Im so tired of going through this..tired of worrying..tired of depending on a pill to make me normal everyday... I want out of it all.

Our original sub doctor was supposed to wein us off, but he left his practice out of no where. So we got referred to another temporary doctor, he seen us for 2months & then closed his sub clinic.

The most frustrating part to me is that...we got on subs thinking & bbeing told that they'd cure us & help us....but it was literally just a replacement..we still get sick as hell if we dont take them, just like opiates, we are no better off then we were in the beginning. Its upsetting. And not being able to find a doctor is ridiculous. Still trying, but its not looking so promising. Uffffff. Ill keep you posted on what happens today. Thank you again, so much.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will definitely look into that! Thank you. Any advice helps!!
Old 06-26-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that JC. Here in Chicago all my scripts came from a psychiatrist. Obviously they need to be certified to script bupe , but that doesn't take much. Around here there are "Behavior Health" hospitals (mental health) that offer detox, but sub can be a bit tricky. Most detoxes don't keep you more than 5 days, but you would have to call and see what they can do. With bupe's long half life it takes longer to leave your system (but also means you might have a few more days to figure something out). What dose are you at?