View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Omg so so sorry to read your post! What a nightmare! Are you sure there are no sub doctors near you? You might have to commute a little but hey it would be worth it. Its just not recommended to quit sub cold turkey...,better to taper. Have you tapered at all? Have you gone to suboxone.com to look for a new doctor? They have a physicians referral on there. I've had to switch doctors 3 times. Another idea is go to your nearest ER if the WD gets too uncomfortable. They may be able to help you detox. Another option is to go to your GP and be honest with him\her. Explain your situation, maybe there is something they can do to help you get thru....prescribe some comfort meds or refer you to a detox facility or help locate another sub doctor...if all the sub Dr. Have wait lists your family physician may be able to convince the sub Dr. Of the emergency situation you are in. Please do not be afraid to talk to people!

You may have to get real honest with some of these professionals, but that is what they are there for....to take care of you when you are sick. Addiction is a disease! We are very sick and need to be treated....deserve to be treated. You do not deserve to suffer thru withdrawal without help. You didn't mention your location, but if you are near the New York area there are many many sub doctors and detoxes in the vicinity!
This is my fear too...and why I want off this medicine. I am in a long taper and ready to step down tomorrow when I see my doctor.

Prayers going up for you that you can find the best possible help available and that you will not suffer thru WD and the pain and anxiety that go with it. Remember, you are a human being and deserve to be treated. If you need to rely on family or friends for childcare then that is what needs to happen.

So sorry to find you in this situation. Please keep posting you are not alone!